Today's Verse - Isaiah 1:17 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

Isaiah 1:17 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

"A man's got to take care of himself!" Yeah, we do have to be responsible folks. But, part of being responsible, part of being blessed — at least as God sees it — is to care for others, to stick up for the disadvantaged, and to intervene when someone else is being exploited. After all, we are our "brother's and sister's keeper!"

My Prayer...

Remove the heart of selfishness, O God, that keeps me from caring for the downtrodden, abused, forgotten, and broken. Give me your eyes of concern and Jesus' heart of compassion to see them and minister to them. In his name, the Lord Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
knk32PYSmu4

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. —Isaiah 1:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "As a man, you've got to learn to take care of Yourself!" My dad's words were worn into my heart as he gave me jobs and taught me responsibility...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. —Genesis 1:26 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. —Philemon 1:25 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Have you noticed how words of blessing are in such short supply these days? There is something about our fallen state that makes sarcasm and ridicule easier to use than sharing a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. —1 Peter 1:23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Words are powerful! They can maim, wound, and debilitate. They can also bless, encourage, and inspire. When the words are...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. —Romans 1:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... What an incredible world we live in! The expanse...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom