Today's Verse - Genesis 1:26 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:26 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

While we are creatures made by a loving Creator, we are so much more than animals. There is something distinctive and unique about a human being compared with the rest of creation. God made us to rule over the animal world. But "rule over" does not mean ruin or abuse! Since creation is part of God's testimony to himself (Psalm 19:1-4; Romans 1:20), we certainly don't want to ruin or mar that beautiful testimony. Being made in God's likeness means we want to rule and steward creation with the grace, benevolence, and care God himself uses.

My Prayer...​

Father, help me see all the beauty of your creation. Guard me from wastefulness and abuse. Guide me to properly use the natural resources with which you have so generously blessed me and those around me. Most of all, direct me so that my decisions that impact your creation will be helpful and life-giving. May my lifestyle and personal choices never damage the beauty of your voice found in your creation. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:26 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

While we are creatures made by a loving Creator, we are so much more than animals. There is something distinctive and unique about a human being compared with the rest of creation. God made us to rule over the animal world. But "rule over" does not mean ruin or abuse! Since creation is part of God's testimony to himself (Psalm 19:1-4; Romans 1:20), we certainly don't want to ruin or mar that beautiful testimony. Being made in God's likeness means we want to rule and steward creation with the grace, benevolence, and care God himself uses.

My Prayer...​

Father, help me see all the beauty of your creation. Guard me from wastefulness and abuse. Guide me to properly use the natural resources with which you have so generously blessed me and those around me. Most of all, direct me so that my decisions that impact your creation will be helpful and life-giving. May my lifestyle and personal choices never damage the beauty of your voice found in your creation. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
We do not come from monkeys, gorillas are not our ancestors as atheists want us to believe. God created us in His own image. We belong to Jesus and He belongs to us. Glory to God almighty.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
I am so grateful to God almighty He has chosen you and me to be His very own. He created all of us to love Him with all our heart, mind and soul. Reading His word every single day of our life and praising Him till He call us home to heaven.

Similar Requests

• Article
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. —Genesis 2:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are God's creation, each of us. He fashioned and formed our original ancestor out of the dust of the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. —Romans 1:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... What an incredible world we live in! The expanse...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. —Genesis 2:24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are different! God makes us male and female so we can be complements of each other. Each of us, male or female, is made in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. —Genesis 1:27 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We were made in God's image. Not just the man, the male. Not just the woman, the female. Both males and females are made in God's image...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. —Genesis 2:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Two powerful principles are presented here. First, God looks out for us and blesses us with what we need most. Second, God made most of us...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom