Today's Verse - 1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Words are powerful! They can maim, wound, and debilitate. They can also bless, encourage, and inspire. When the words are God's word, they are even more crucial. God's word — the Scriptures, the Gospel — is living and enduring. It imparts God's words for us, blesses us with God's life, and gives us the way to find eternal life with God. God's word tells us of his grace and teaches us how we can be born again. Let's not take God's word for granted, neglect its messages, or remain silent about its truth.

My Prayer...​

Almighty and Eternal God, thank you for speaking to us through human words. Thank you for your Gospel that gives us the message of Jesus and your salvation for us in him. Please fuel my hunger to know your word more fully and to live it more completely. Thank you for giving me a reliable, stable, and enduring source of truth — your word. In the name of Jesus, your living Word, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. —1 John 3:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some gifts are too precious for words and too wonderful to fully appreciate. The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: —Acts 2:23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When we think of the Cross, we must never associate the words "tragic accident" with it. In this message at the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. —Matthew 3:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... John's words sound strange in a world afraid to tell the truth about sin, wickedness, and evil. Yet all lost people — people who do not know Jesus and those who claim to follow him...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. —1 Peter 1:18-19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. —John 1:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... These words are profound... what they mean for us is extraordinary and mind-blowing! Jesus is the Word, the one who was with God in the beginning and was God before...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom