Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus continued,] "If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It's better to enter eternal life with only one hand than to go into the unquenchable fires of hell with two hands. If your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It's better to enter eternal life with only one foot than to be thrown into hell with two feet. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. It's better to enter the Kingdom of God with only one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 'where the maggots never die and the fire never goes out.'"

Mark 9:43-48 NLT

Key Thought

Sin, and leading others to sin, must be avoided at all costs. Being God's pure people is vitally important. So Jesus uses very powerful words and imagery to drive his point home forcefully. Sin and causing others to sin must matter tremendously to us because they definitely have no place in our lives.

Today's Prayer

Father in heaven, I confess that the lack of concern the world around me has about sin sometimes infiltrates my own thinking. Please, dear Father, not only forgive me, but also stir my heart to yearn for holiness and to live a holy life in all that I do. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2020 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
6aevgwULr_U

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
And just as [the two men from Emmaus] were telling [other disciples in Jerusalem about their encounter with Jesus], Jesus himself was suddenly standing there among them. "Peace be with you," he said. But the whole group was startled and frightened, thinking they were seeing a ghost! "Why are...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But Jesus said, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?” When the other disciples saw what was about to happen, they exclaimed, "Lord, should we fight? We brought the swords!" And one of them struck at the high priest's slave, slashing off his right ear. But Jesus said, "No more...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One day Jesus said to his disciples, "There will always be temptations to sin, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting! It would be better to be thrown into the sea with a millstone hung around your neck than to cause one of these little ones to fall into sin." —Luke 17:1-2 NLT...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus entered the Temple and began to drive out the people selling animals for sacrifices. He said to them, "The Scriptures declare, 'My Temple will be a house of prayer,' but you have turned it into a den of thieves." After that, he taught daily in the Temple, but the leading priests, the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[At the Last Supper, after Jesus told the apostles one of them would betray him,] they began to argue among themselves about who would be the greatest among them. Jesus told them, "In this world the kings and great men lord it over their people, yet they are called 'friends of the people.' But...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom