'They Hung on Every Word' - Luke 19:45-48

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Then Jesus entered the Temple and began to drive out the people selling animals for sacrifices. He said to them, "The Scriptures declare, 'My Temple will be a house of prayer,' but you have turned it into a den of thieves."
After that, he taught daily in the Temple, but the leading priests, the teachers of religious law, and the other leaders of the people began planning how to kill him. But they could think of nothing, because all the people hung on every word he said.

Luke 19:45-48 NLT

Key Thought​

Those in power wanted to shut Jesus up; they were so adamant about it, they plotted to kill him. However, the everyday folks heard the voice of God in Jesus' words, and they hung on every word he said. Our trip through the Gospel of Luke this year is based on our need to hear the voice of Jesus and to know his ministry firsthand. So often in our world today, people will read a bestselling Christian author before they will read their Bible. They will read books about Jesus rather than reading the Gospels that the Holy Spirit provided us to know the story of Jesus. I want to issue you a challenge: Join me in using the remainder of this year to read through each of the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) at least once. [1] Hang on to Jesus' every word. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you know Jesus more so you can become like him more completely.

[1] The four Gospels combined have 89 chapters. There are 48 days left in the year, so reading just two chapters per day would be more than enough to read through the Gospels once before the end of the year. Four chapters per day would allow reading them twice.

Today's Prayer​

O righteous and holy Father, God of all creation, please reveal your Son to me and in me as I seek to learn more about him during the closing weeks of this year. Please help me to mold my life to be like him. In his name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Let us all go to the temple of the Lord and pray for peace on earth and stop all wars and all hate, anger and rage. Jesus want us all to be full of His presence loving others just as He loved us.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
But Jesus said, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?” When the other disciples saw what was about to happen, they exclaimed, "Lord, should we fight? We brought the swords!" And one of them struck at the high priest's slave, slashing off his right ear. But Jesus said, "No more...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But even as Jesus [told the disciples to pray to avoid temptation], a crowd approached, led by Judas, one of the twelve disciples. Judas walked over to Jesus to greet him with a kiss. But Jesus said, "Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?" —Luke 22:47-48 NLT Key Thought The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Following Jesus' rebuff to the teachers of religious law], with the crowds listening, he turned to his disciples and said, "Beware of these teachers of religious law! For they like to parade around in flowing robes and love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces. And...
Replies
Views
  • Article
These are the twelve [Jesus] chose: —Mark 3:16-19 NLT Key Thought People in God's family have names, histories, futures — and failures. They are different in their interests and their vocations. Yet they all have one thing in common: Jesus! Let's not limit our expectations or dreams for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Every day Jesus went to the Temple to teach, and each evening he returned to spend the night on the Mount of Olives. The crowds gathered at the Temple early each morning to hear him. —Luke 21:37-38 NLT Key Thought At this point, Jesus still found eager listeners. His habit during this last...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom