Pursuing Peace

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Romans 14:17-23

Dear Father, giver of brotherly love,
How wonderful that your kingdom, your rule in people's lives, is not a matter of food and drink, but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. May I, in serving Christ this way, be acceptable to you and approved by others.
Let me and all the members of your family pursue what makes for peace and for mutual uplifting. Let none of us, for the sake of personal rights, destroy your work of grace in someone else. Help us to appreciate our rights, but help each of us understand that it is wrong to make others fall by insisting on them. Guide us to see that it is right not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that would make a brother or sister stumble.
The faith that I have, let me keep between you and me. Let me find happiness in having no reason to judge myself for what I approve. May I never do anything from the basis of doubt, because not acting from conviction is sin.
In the name of Jesus I pray all this, asking that you will give me love for my brothers and sisters. Amen.

Ⓒ 1996-2019 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. Heartlight appreciates Eldon Degge and Meridian Publishing for permission to make this available on our website. Praying with Paul is available in a very attractive book that may be ordered directly from Eldon Degge.
OJr_ZyM3Tus

Continue reading...

For unto You o Lord we lift our voice in praise for the wonderful promises You have given to us. We want peace, joy and happiness in this life and then we shall be enjoying your holy presence in heaven. Thank you so much for the wonderful promises You have given to us.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
While [Jesus] was preaching God's word to them, four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a mat. They couldn't bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, so they dug a hole through the roof above his head. Then they lowered the man on his mat, right down in front of Jesus. Seeing their faith...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. "If you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean," he said. —Mark 1:40 NLT Key Thought Sometimes we come to the LORD for help simply out of habit. Sometimes we come with a sense of entitlement, arrogantly...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The Spirit then compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness,... —Mark 1:12 NLT Key Thought Jesus was led and guided by the Holy Spirit — in both good times and bad times. Just as Jesus went to face temptation in the wilderness immediately after his baptism, we too find ourselves in powerful...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus sent [the man whose leprosy he had cured] on his way with a stern warning: "Don't tell anyone about this. Instead, go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy. This will be a public testimony...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out many demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak. —Mark 1:34 NLT Key Thought Jesus' power was not limited. As the Son of God, he had power over all different kinds of diseases...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom