'Do What Is Required' - Mark 1:43-44

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Then Jesus sent [the man whose leprosy he had cured] on his way with a stern warning: "Don't tell anyone about this. Instead, go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy. This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed."

Mark 1:43-44 NLT

Key Thought​

"Take along the offering required in the law of Moses." Two principles are at work here. First, the man cleansed of his leprosy needed to do what was required to regain the right to enter into daily public life. Second, him going to the priests would validate Jesus' authority over disease. Jesus is no charlatan. He is the comforting, validating, and affirming LORD and Savior we all need.

Today's Prayer​

Holy God and precious LORD Jesus, help me see what I need to do to show those around me not only that you are my LORD, but also that you want me to do what is right, good, honest, fair, and just. To you, O God, and to you, the triumphant Son, I offer my praise and thanks forever and ever. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Then Jesus sent [the man whose leprosy he had cured] on his way with a stern warning: "Don't tell anyone about this. Instead, go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy. This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed."

Mark 1:43-44 NLT

Key Thought​

"Take along the offering required in the law of Moses." Two principles are at work here. First, the man cleansed of his leprosy needed to do what was required to regain the right to enter into daily public life. Second, him going to the priests would validate Jesus' authority over disease. Jesus is no charlatan. He is the comforting, validating, and affirming LORD and Savior we all need.

Today's Prayer​

Holy God and precious LORD Jesus, help me see what I need to do to show those around me not only that you are my LORD, but also that you want me to do what is right, good, honest, fair, and just. To you, O God, and to you, the triumphant Son, I offer my praise and thanks forever and ever. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
Let us all obey the voice of the Lord. When we are saved and blessed, then we shall go to prayer of thanksgiving and praise to Jesus. He has done great things in our life and will continue to do so in the future.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Holding [the dead girl's] hand, [Jesus] said to her, "Talitha koum," which means "Little girl, get up!" And the girl, who was twelve years old, immediately stood up and walked around! [The girl's parents and the three disciples] were overwhelmed and totally amazed. Jesus gave them strict orders...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. "If you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean," he said. Moved with compassion, Jesus reached out and touched him. "I am willing," he said. "Be healed!" Instantly the leprosy disappeared, and the man was healed...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus left that part of the country and returned with his disciples to Nazareth, his hometown. The next Sabbath he began teaching in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. They asked, "Where did he get all this wisdom and the power to perform such miracles?" Then they scoffed, "He's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When [Jesus and the others] came to the home of the synagogue leader, Jesus saw much commotion and weeping and wailing. He went inside and asked, "Why all this commotion and weeping? The child isn't dead; she's only asleep." —Mark 5:38-39 NLT Key Thought One of the ways early Christians...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom