'Led by the Spirit' - Mark 1:12

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

The Spirit then compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness,...

Mark 1:12 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus was led and guided by the Holy Spirit — in both good times and bad times. Just as Jesus went to face temptation in the wilderness immediately after his baptism, we too find ourselves in powerful temptation struggles after a major spiritual experience, a deepened spiritual commitment, or a special time of devotion. This temptation does not mean the Holy Spirit has abandoned us. Instead, it means that the Spirit goes with us to lead us through this time of trial, testing, and temptation. The Spirit takes what Satan intends for our harm and turns it into something that can strengthen our faith and mature us in our discipleship.

Today's Prayer​

Father, give me the courage to believe that your Holy Spirit leads and guides me. Help me believe that I am not alone — not alone in the good times or in the tough times when I feel abandoned. Use all the events in my life to mature me ever more into the character, compassion, and commitment of Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
The Spirit then compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness, where he was tempted by Satan for forty days. He was out among the wild animals, and angels took care of him. —Mark 1:12-13 NLT Key Thought When you feel alone, abandoned, and under attack, where do you turn for help? Jesus trusted in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Late that night, the disciples were in their boat in the middle of the lake, and Jesus was alone on land. He saw that they were in serious trouble, rowing hard and struggling against the wind and waves. About three o'clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. He intended...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Immediately after [feeding the crowd], Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and head across the lake to Bethsaida, while he sent the people home. After telling everyone good-bye, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. —Mark 6:45-46 NLT Key Thought This whole...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then [Jesus] climbed into the boat, and the wind stopped. [The disciples] were totally amazed, for they still didn't understand the significance of the miracle of the loaves. Their hearts were too hard to take it in. —Mark 6:51-52 NLT Key Thought The disciples couldn't get it! Maybe they...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus stopped the crowd and wouldn't let anyone go with him [to Jairus' house] except Peter, James, and John (the brother of James). —Mark 5:37 NLT Key Thought Jesus worked to grow people at all different levels of relationship and maturity. He invested especially in three apostles who...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom