'The Holy Spirit' - Mark 1:7-8

John announced: "Someone is coming soon who is greater than I am... I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit!"

—Mark 1:7-8 NLT

Key Thought​


Jesus has the power and authority to send the Spirit and make us new. John could talk about the Holy Spirit and operate by the power and inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and he could promise the coming of the Holy Spirit. However, he could not baptize in the Holy Spirit. The Spirit wasn't part of his baptism. [1] Only Jesus can make us new by the power of the Holy Spirit. We each seriously need to consider whether we have let him make us truly new.

[1] Acts 19:1-3.

Today's Prayer​


Father in heaven, thank you for the gift and power of the Holy Spirit who is at work in your children. LORD Jesus, thank you for sending this Spirit into our lives. Holy Spirit, I pray that you will mold me and make me into the person I need to be to share the grace of God with others as I should. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​


Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by ### and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
 
### announced: "Someone is coming soon who is greater than I am... I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit!"

—Mark 1:7-8 NLT

Key Thought​


Jesus has the power and authority to send the Spirit and make us new. ### could talk about the Holy Spirit and operate by the power and inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and he could promise the coming of the Holy Spirit. However, he could not baptize in the Holy Spirit. The Spirit wasn't part of his baptism. [1] Only Jesus can make us new by the power of the Holy Spirit. We each seriously need to consider whether we have let him make us truly new.

[1] Acts 19:1-3.

Today's Prayer​


Father in heaven, thank you for the gift and power of the Holy Spirit who is at work in your children. LORD Jesus, thank you for sending this Spirit into our lives. Holy Spirit, I pray that you will mold me and make me into the person I need to be to share the grace of God with others as I should. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​


Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by ### and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
Amen Jesus can do wonders in our life and baptize us with the precious Holy Spirit.
 
Breath upon us Spirit of the Lord as we lift our hands and surrender to Your name o most High God. We are yielding to Your Spirit, walking in your love, Jesus, I adore Your holy name right now and will forever more. Amen
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

🙏 Be in Our Midst, Matt 18:20, as We Gather in Your Name with Our Parents, Children, Family & Friends, Matt 18:20, Matt 28:20, and Even if We are Absent in Body Let Us Be Present as The Body of Christ is Connected by The Holy Spirit, not Disjoined, 1 Cor 5:3, Eph 2:21-22, Eph 4:19, Col 2:19, 1...
Replies
7
Views
17
🙏 Father, we ask for True Christian Fellowship, 1 Jn 1:2-7, for abiding fruit of the Holy Spirit, Jn 15:7-8, Gal 5:22-23. May our company and prayers, sharing of The Word, John 17:17, lead to Healthy and prosperous Souls, 3 Jn 1:2, Renewed Minds Rom 12:2, Grace to Honor Parents Eph 6:2-4...
Replies
9
Views
43
🙏 Father, we ask for True Christian Fellowship, 1 Jn 1:2-7, for abiding fruit of the Holy Spirit, Jn 15:7-8, Gal 5:22-23. May our company and prayers, sharing of The Word, John 17:17, lead to Healthy and prosperous Souls, 3 Jn 1:2, Renewed Minds Rom 12:2, Grace to Honor Patriarch & Matriarchal...
Replies
9
Views
22
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,813
Messages
16,792,773
Members
649,415
Latest member
Halsearoth

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom