'Power Unlimited' - Mark 1:34

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out many demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak.

Mark 1:34 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus' power was not limited. As the Son of God, he had power over all different kinds of diseases, and he had power over all different kinds of demons. The demons knew who Jesus was, so he wouldn't let them speak. He would reveal his identity at the appropriate time, not let his enemies do it. He — not Satan and his demonic hordes — would define what it meant to be the Christ, the Son of God. So Jesus healed diseases, and he ordered demons around and refused to let them have any kind of power. His power could not, and cannot be limited by his opposition. He has all power. [1]

[1] Colossians 1:15.

Today's Prayer​

Loving and righteous Father, it is comforting for me to know that Jesus has power over all demonic forces. I ask now that he use that power in several people about whom I am concerned. I fear that they have succumbed to temptation and have made themselves vulnerable to the influence of the evil one because of their association with evil people, harmfully addictive chemicals, out of control greed, or uncontrollable lust. Father, I want to pray for several of these folks by name... Bless them and empower them. I ask this in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, your Son, and my Savior. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out many demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak.

Mark 1:34 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus' power was not limited. As the Son of God, he had power over all different kinds of diseases, and he had power over all different kinds of demons. The demons knew who Jesus was, so he wouldn't let them speak. He would reveal his identity at the appropriate time, not let his enemies do it. He — not Satan and his demonic hordes — would define what it meant to be the Christ, the Son of God. So Jesus healed diseases, and he ordered demons around and refused to let them have any kind of power. His power could not, and cannot be limited by his opposition. He has all power. [1]

[1] Colossians 1:15.

Today's Prayer​

Loving and righteous Father, it is comforting for me to know that Jesus has power over all demonic forces. I ask now that he use that power in several people about whom I am concerned. I fear that they have succumbed to temptation and have made themselves vulnerable to the influence of the evil one because of their association with evil people, harmfully addictive chemicals, out of control greed, or uncontrollable lust. Father, I want to pray for several of these folks by name... Bless them and empower them. I ask this in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, your Son, and my Savior. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
Let us all praise, honor and glorify the Lord for healing so many people in the past and He is healing today those who have faith to believe it will happen.

Clothe us in Your glory, draw us by Your blessed grace and mercy. O the glory of the touch of God on peoples sick bodies and soul. Only Jesus can do wonders in our life and the life we are praying for.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." —Mark 5:18-19 NLT Key Thought "Go... tell... everything the LORD has...
Replies
Views
  • Article
While Jesus was far away, the man [possessed by an evil spirit] saw him. The man ran to Jesus and bowed down before him. Jesus said to the man, "You evil spirit, come out of that man." So the man shouted with a loud voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus told [the townspeople], "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family." And because of their unbelief, he couldn't do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But the teachers of religious law who had arrived from Jerusalem said, "[Jesus is] possessed by Satan, the prince of demons. That's where he gets the power to cast out demons." Jesus called them over and responded with an illustration. "How can Satan cast out Satan?" he asked. "A kingdom...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[When the woman who had suffered bleeding for twelve years touched his robe,] Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my robe?" His disciples said to him, "Look at this crowd pressing around you. How can you ask...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom