'The Place and the Plan of Ministry' - Mark 1:39

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

So [Jesus] traveled throughout the region of Galilee, preaching in the synagogues and casting out demons.

Mark 1:39 NLT

Key Thought​

In the previous verses, Jesus committed to his mission to preach in the villages and cities. In today's verse, he went all over Galilee sharing the message of the Kingdom. He went to the people in the synagogues and continued his powerful mastery over demons. He had a plan to fulfill his God-ordained purpose. He executed this plan, not just because he was committed to a plan, but because he also had a heart for people and a commitment to honor God's will. What is your plan for honoring God's will in your life? What is he calling you to do to serve him and his children?

Today's Prayer​

Holy and loving Father, I want to honor your will for my life. However, dear Father, I need the guidance of your Spirit to help me recognize your will for me and to help me develop a plan for doing your work and fulfilling your purposes for me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

So [Jesus] traveled throughout the region of Galilee, preaching in the synagogues and casting out demons.

Mark 1:39 NLT

Key Thought​

In the previous verses, Jesus committed to his mission to preach in the villages and cities. In today's verse, he went all over Galilee sharing the message of the Kingdom. He went to the people in the synagogues and continued his powerful mastery over demons. He had a plan to fulfill his God-ordained purpose. He executed this plan, not just because he was committed to a plan, but because he also had a heart for people and a commitment to honor God's will. What is your plan for honoring God's will in your life? What is he calling you to do to serve him and his children?

Today's Prayer​

Holy and loving Father, I want to honor your will for my life. However, dear Father, I need the guidance of your Spirit to help me recognize your will for me and to help me develop a plan for doing your work and fulfilling your purposes for me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
Jesus never tired of walking all over the place teaching and preaching Gods word. Love to see Him obeying His Fathers will on earth. A wonderful example for us to follow.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
When [Jesus and the others] came to the home of the synagogue leader, Jesus saw much commotion and weeping and wailing. He went inside and asked, "Why all this commotion and weeping? The child isn't dead; she's only asleep." —Mark 5:38-39 NLT Key Thought One of the ways early Christians...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus told the disciples to have the people sit down in groups on the green grass. So they sat down in groups of fifty or a hundred. Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he kept giving the bread to the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Immediately after [feeding the crowd], Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and head across the lake to Bethsaida, while he sent the people home. After telling everyone good-bye, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. —Mark 6:45-46 NLT Key Thought This whole...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When Jesus woke up [in the storm-tossed boat], he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Silence! Be still!" Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. —Mark 4:39 NLT Key Thought "'Silence! Be still!' ... and there was a great calm." Just as in that terrifying storm for the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus went into a house to get away from the crowd, and his disciples asked him what he meant by the parable he had just used. "Don't you understand either?" he asked. "Can't you see that the food you put into your body cannot defile you? Food doesn't go into your heart, but only passes...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom