Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus continued,] "But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone hung around your neck."

Mark 9:42 NLT

Key Thought

So often in our passion to preserve the purity of the faith, we begin to exclude others. While purity in our faith is important, Jesus reminds us of the other side of the matter: woe to us if we exclude someone who Jesus sees as belonging to him or do anything to cause another to lose faith. New Christians, weak believers, and children are all precious to God. He doesn't want a single one to lose faith for any reason and certainly not because of the hardheadedness, hardheartedness, or arrogance of another believer.

Today's Prayer

God, please help me be more careful in what I say and how I act. I don't want to discourage a single believer from following you. Help my life, my words, and my actions to be an encouragement rather than a discouragement to your people. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2020 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
-MqgYWXZCeI

Continue reading...

If we really love the Lord with all our heart, mind and soul, we will never ever be a stumbling block to anyone. Lord Jesus, help us all of us to be a blessing not ever a stumbling block to anyone. Amen

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
And the man [who was healed] jumped up, grabbed his mat, and walked out through the stunned onlookers. They were all amazed and praised God, exclaiming, "We've never seen anything like this before!" —Mark 2:12 NLT Key Thought The lives in which Jesus works bring praise to God. So ... are we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
While [Jesus] was preaching God's word to them, four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a mat. They couldn't bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, so they dug a hole through the roof above his head. Then they lowered the man on his mat, right down in front of Jesus. Seeing their faith...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus went into the synagogue again and noticed a man with a deformed hand. —Mark 3:1 NLT Key Thought Jesus touched many people with his compassion, care, healing, comfort, and teaching. How did he reach so many people? Some came to him for healing because they had heard of his power over...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[When asked why his disciples didn't fast,] Jesus replied, "Do wedding guests fast while celebrating with the groom? Of course not. They can't fast while the groom is with them. But someday the groom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast." —Mark 2:19-20 NLT Key Thought The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Once when John's disciples and the Pharisees were fasting, some people came to Jesus and asked, "Why don't your disciples fast like John's disciples and the Pharisees do?" —Mark 2:18 NLT Key Thought As today's passage, the preceding verses, and verses later in the chapter [1] indicate, Jesus...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom