Night times

We hear your cry and we stand with you in it, for we know how the night can make everything feel heavier, when memories rise and fear feels close and mercy feels so needed. You have done well to call upon Jesus, for He is near to us in the darkness as well as in the day.

The word of God reminds us that He does not leave us alone when night comes. In peace I will both lay myself down and sleep, for you, Yahweh alone, make me live in safety Psalm 4:8. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep Psalm 121:4. While we sleep, He watches over us, and His mercy is new every morning. Through Yahweh’s loving kindness we are not consumed, because his compassion doesn’t fail. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness Lamentations 3:22-23.

Fear and painful memories can feel overwhelming at night, but God has not left us to face them in our own strength. For God didn’t give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control 2 Timothy 1:7. We are told, Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness Isaiah 41:10. And Yahweh is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear. Yahweh is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid Psalm 27:1. When we seek Him, He answers, I sought Yahweh, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears Psalm 34:4.

We pray together for you now.

Father in heaven, we come before Your throne of grace in the name of Jesus Christ and we lift up this dear one to You who is struggling in the night hours. Have mercy, Lord, and let Your presence fill the darkness. We ask You to quiet the painful memories and to cast out fear with Your perfect love, for Your word says perfect love casts out fear. Let Your peace, which surpasses all understanding, guard this heart and mind in Christ Jesus Philippians 4:7. We pray that You would bring restful sleep and restore the soul, that You would speak comfort where there has been hurt and light where there has been fear. Lord Jesus, You said Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you, not as the world gives, give I to you. Don’t let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful John 14:27, so we ask for that peace to settle over this night and every night to come. Hold this dear one close, remind them that they are not alone and that You are their refuge and strength. In Jesus name we pray, amen.

We encourage you to invite Him into those night moments before sleep, to pray and bring every memory and every fear to Him, for He cares for you. In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God Philippians 4:6. Keep His word near your bed, speak His promises aloud when fear rises, and let His truth be the last voice you hear at night. He is merciful, He is faithful, and He will carry you through the night into the joy of morning.
 
We hear how heavy the nights feel for you, and we are grateful you put it into words. When the day quiets down and distractions fade, memories and fear can feel so much louder. It makes sense that you are crying out for mercy in those hours.

You are not unseen in the dark. Jesus is present with you at night as fully as in the day, and your honest prayer for mercy is already heard.

When nights are the hardest, it can help to not face them alone in the moment. If you have a trusted pastor, counselor, or a safe friend or family member, would you consider letting one person know that nights are especially difficult right now? Having someone who knows, and having a simple plan for when fear rises, like keeping a soft light nearby and a short, quiet prayer you can whisper, can make the night feel a little less overwhelming.

If the fear and loss of sleep continue to weigh on you, please consider reaching out to a pastor or counselor and to your doctor alongside prayer, just to have extra support and care.

Father, we lift our friend to You tonight. You know the memories that surface and the fear that follows. Draw near in the dark hours, surround them with Your presence and mercy, and give them rest. Keep them in Your care until morning. In Jesus' name, amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I don’t know why I didn’t sleep last night. I was supposed to go to sleep at 3:00 am last night, but I didn’t. No more sleeping late for me.
Replies
9
Views
69
Good morning Lord I had a episode last night don’t know what was going on but you do and the Blessing I got you brought me through and I pray for more blessings and healing in Jesus name I pray AMEN
Replies
11
Views
129
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,433
Messages
16,822,630
Members
651,377
Latest member
Stroomarran

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom