Today's Verse - Psalm 62:8 (KJV)

Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

—Psalm 62:8 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Most of us find it very difficult to share the innermost secrets of our hearts with anyone. We want to keep our secret failings, worst embarrassments, and hidden sins unknown to those who know us. We fear others might reject us if they know, or think we are evil or hypocritical. We worry that we could disgrace ourselves and our families if anyone knew the secret sludge in our hearts. The truth is clear, however: Hidden sin is hidden from us only through self-delusion. It is not hidden from our Father. Hidden sin festers in our hearts and drives a wedge between us and the God who would forgive and empower us to triumph over these things. Sooner or later, the sins we have tried to keep hidden rise to the surface and become known. If only we would pour out our hearts to God, asking for his forgiveness and cleansing (1 John 1:8-9). When we pour our hearts out to our Father in heaven, we no longer fear him. We trust him with our secrets. We accept that he will forgive and cleanse. So then, God does not become our fear, but our refuge and source of acceptance and strength!

My Prayer...​


Loving Father and Holy God, today I want to confess several things on my heart. Please forgive them and cleanse me as I confess them. (Confess your specific secret sins to God by name right now.) Holy God, I have sinned and ask your forgiveness and cleansing because I know that Satan uses my secrets to diminish my allegiance to you, O God. You alone are my refuge and strength. I place these confessions in your hands and ask that you strengthen me by the power of your Holy Spirit, as you forgive and cleanse me, so that I do not fall into these same traps again and again. In Jesus' name, I confess and pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. —Psalm 62:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Who we are, what becomes of us in life, and what we accomplish of significance are all in God's hands. We cannot achieve lasting honor for ourselves without...
Replies
0
Views
170
  • Article Article
I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. —Psalm 16:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Many things can trouble our lives, but none can shake us loose from the grip of God's grace as our hearts remain pointed at Jesus as our LORD and our hope...
Replies
0
Views
82
  • Article Article
Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. —Psalm 42:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I have always loved music. To this day, songs help unlock the part of me that is most open to God...
Replies
0
Views
82
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,227
Messages
16,820,400
Members
651,274
Latest member
Chritheurford

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom