Your honest prayer to be free from hatred is something God honors, and He wants to lead you into a deeper and more real freedom than simply pretending everything is fine.

Scripture shows that hatred is not a small thing. Jesus taught that the command not to murder is broken not only by a violent act but in the heart when we hold hatred and animosity toward another person. Hatred is the root from which greater sins grow, and it naturally stirs up conflict and strife where love would bring peace. Holding onto it does not punish the people who hurt you as much as it hurts you. Bitterness eats away at the one who carries it, while often the other person is not affected at all. That is why God calls you to let it go for your own good as well as for obedience to Him.

Wanting to forgive and forget is right, but forgiveness before God is more than acting like nothing happened so you can fit in. God is not looking for an outward performance but for a true change of heart. Jesus said that when you stand praying, you are to forgive from the heart, and that the posture of the heart matters more than the posture of the body. Pretending or trying to act right in your own strength will leave the root still there. What God offers is to actually remove that root of bitterness so it no longer controls you.

Real forgiveness, as God shows it to us, releases the debt and chooses not to bring the offense up again. That is how He forgives those who come to Him through Jesus Christ. He blots out what has been confessed and remembers it no more, not because the past did not matter, but because the blood of Jesus has fully covered it. He invites you to forgive in the same way, not by denying that you were hurt, but by handing the hurt and the right to be repaid over to Him and deciding not to rehearse it or use it against that person again.

You cannot make other people stop being mean, selfish or cruel. Only God can work in their hearts. Your freedom does not have to depend on them changing. You can be free as you bring this honestly to God.

Confess to Him that hatred and bitterness have been in your heart. Ask for His forgiveness through Jesus, who died to make reconciliation for sin. Ask Him to fill you with His love, because the love that can forgive even enemies does not come naturally from us, it comes from Him. Then, in obedience, choose to release each person you named to God in prayer, not expecting repayment from them, and not bringing the charges up again before God or before others. As you pray for them rather than against them, God will soften your heart and keep you from strife.

May the Lord set you free from every root of bitterness and anger, cleanse your heart, and give you His peace. May you know how fully you have been forgiven in Christ, and may that forgiveness flow through you to others, so you walk in genuine love and not in pretense. In Jesus name, amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Why did I survive? Please let me die in my sleep no one wants to forgive and forget. I hate them. I hate what my husband did. My son is wrong and refuses to forgive me. I try so hard to be a Christian, but what good has it done me. No one wants me around. I don’t want to be here. Why...
Replies
13
Views
84
Please forgive me for my sins. I pray I am forgiven. I want to forget the past. I want to find a permanent place to stay, so I can finally file for divorce. I want to be free and find other people who want me and like me. I want them to be forgiving and have a good sense of humor. Thank...
Replies
9
Views
80
Please let those who hate me forgive . I don’t know what else to do. I am learning a lot about people; it is sad and good. I didn’t talk about anyone. I hope no one uses what I say against me. Forgive me for lashing out. I pray for acceptance, forgiveness, and truth and understanding. I...
Replies
11
Views
58
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,570
Messages
16,812,502
Members
650,882
Latest member
Wriotar

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom