A sister on the site asked me if as Christians we are able to be cremated, this is my Answer:

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

KJB 1611
James 1:5 If any of you lacke wisedome, let him aske of God, that giueth to all men liberally, and vpbraideth not: and it shalbe giuen him.
(So, if we compass or wrap ourselfves in sparks, the Father says we will lie in sorrow)
Isaiah 50:11
Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compasse your selues about with sparks: walke in the light of your fire, and in the sparkes that ye haue kindled. This shall ye haue of mine hand, yee shall lie downe in sorrow.

(So then Zimri did cremate him,self, and in doing so, he caused all Israel to sin, and it says this was sinnes. IE this too is a sin)
1Kings 16: 18 And it came to passe when Zimri saw that the citie was taken, that hee went into the palace of the kings house, and burnt the kings house ouer him with fire, and died,
19 For his sinnes which he sinned in doing euill in the sight of the Lord, in walking in the way of Ieroboam, and in his sinne which he did, to make Israel sinne.

2 Kings 21: 6 And he made his sonne passe thorow the fire, and obserued times, and vsed enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits, and wizards: he wrought much wickednesse in the sight of the Lord, to prouoke him to anger.

2 Kings 23 (Josiah polluted the alter by burning bones upon it. So, that means burning bones pollutes. Read below)
16 And as Iosiah turned himselfe, he spied the sepulchres that were there in the mount, and sent, & tooke the bones out of the sepulchres, and burnt them vpon the altar, and polluted it, according to the word of the Lord which the man of God proclaimed, who proclaimed these words.

17 Then hee said, What title is that that I see? and the men of the city told him, It is the sepulchre of the man of God, which came from Iudah, and proclaimed these things that thou hast done against the altar of Bethel.

18 And he said, Let him alone: let no man moue his bones: so they let his bones alone, with the bones of the Prophet that came out of Samaria.

19 And all the houses also of the hie places that were in the cities of Samaria, which the kings of Israel had made to prouoke the Lord to anger, Iosiah tooke away, and did to them according to all the actes that hee had done in Bethel.

20 And he slew all the priests of the high places that were there, vpon the altars, and burnt mens bones vpon them, and returned to Ierusalem.
:
Leviticus 18:21
21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed passe through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou prophane the Name of thy God: I am the Lord.

Leviticus 20:
1 And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

2 Againe, thou shalt say to the children of Israel; whosoeuer he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that soiourne in Israel, that giueth any of his seed vnto Molech, he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.

3 And I wil set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people: because he hath giuen of his seed vnto Molech, to defile my Sanctuary, and to prophane my holy Name.

1Corinthians:
19 What, know ye not that your body is the Temple of the holy Ghost which is in you, which yee haue of God, and ye are not your owne?

20 For yee are bought with a price: therefore glorifie God in your body, and in your spirit, which are Gods.

John 2:

18 ¶ Then answered the Iewes, and said vnto him, What signe shewest thou vnto vs, seeing that thou doest these things?

19 Iesus answered, and said vnto them, Destroy this temple, and in three dayes I will raise it vp.

20 Then said the Iewes, Fourty and six yeres was this Temple in building, and wilt thou reare it vp in three dayes?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

So my answer to you is that if our body is the temple, and we have not ownership to defile the Sanctuary, and to burn bones is a pollution, than if we cremate a body than we pollute it. Even after death. For in the WORD it speaks of bodies being raised up in the valley of dry bones many, many years after those people had died. So, then, we do not own our body, it is a temple, and the dry bones can be raised up. If we burn them it pollutes and makes unclean. I for one, would never cremate a body, for to cause something to be unclean is a sin. I hope this answers your question ....... I hope and pray you are well.

Thank You for sharing that,and this is a subject I brought up in a blog a long time ago, and have thought about.Although nowadays it seems like everyone is jumping on the creamation bandwagon, as I hear them talk and they say they have plans after death to do it.I personally am NOT a fan of it,as I notice it has too many connections to paganism. Like, look who does it. The Hindus, who, in their pagan beliefs,think they're "purifying the soul" with this "ritual". In the Bible, look who did it--the Israelites, who were under the guidance of God,were always buried.{Even Jesus, for the 3 days, was in the tomb.}Who got creamated?It was the pagan tribes who fought against Israel.So although it became extremely popular now, I always had my suspicions about it, but me or many other Christians on sites that answer Biblical questions couldn't think of actual verse against it. So I appreciate that you did.{Anyway, when something "catches on" out in the world, and all the "copycats" start doing it, usually that's a worldly trend.And one "temptation" is that it's less expensive than burial, and you know unsaved people would do about anything for money,even if it's ungodly.So thanks for the verification.

KJB 1611
James 1:5 If any of you lacke wisedome, let him aske of God, that giueth to all men liberally, and vpbraideth not: and it shalbe giuen him.
(So, if we compass or wrap ourselfves in sparks, the Father says we will lie in sorrow)
Isaiah 50:11
Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compasse your selues about with sparks: walke in the light of your fire, and in the sparkes that ye haue kindled. This shall ye haue of mine hand, yee shall lie downe in sorrow.

(So then Zimri did cremate him,self, and in doing so, he caused all Israel to sin, and it says this was sinnes. IE this too is a sin)
1Kings 16: 18 And it came to passe when Zimri saw that the citie was taken, that hee went into the palace of the kings house, and burnt the kings house ouer him with fire, and died,
19 For his sinnes which he sinned in doing euill in the sight of the Lord, in walking in the way of Ieroboam, and in his sinne which he did, to make Israel sinne.

2 Kings 21: 6 And he made his sonne passe thorow the fire, and obserued times, and vsed enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits, and wizards: he wrought much wickednesse in the sight of the Lord, to prouoke him to anger.

2 Kings 23 (Josiah polluted the alter by burning bones upon it. So, that means burning bones pollutes. Read below)
16 And as Iosiah turned himselfe, he spied the sepulchres that were there in the mount, and sent, & tooke the bones out of the sepulchres, and burnt them vpon the altar, and polluted it, according to the word of the Lord which the man of God proclaimed, who proclaimed these words.

17 Then hee said, What title is that that I see? and the men of the city told him, It is the sepulchre of the man of God, which came from Iudah, and proclaimed these things that thou hast done against the altar of Bethel.

18 And he said, Let him alone: let no man moue his bones: so they let his bones alone, with the bones of the Prophet that came out of Samaria.

19 And all the houses also of the hie places that were in the cities of Samaria, which the kings of Israel had made to prouoke the Lord to anger, Iosiah tooke away, and did to them according to all the actes that hee had done in Bethel.

20 And he slew all the priests of the high places that were there, vpon the altars, and burnt mens bones vpon them, and returned to Ierusalem.
:
Leviticus 18:21
21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed passe through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou prophane the Name of thy God: I am the Lord.

Leviticus 20:
1 And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

2 Againe, thou shalt say to the children of Israel; whosoeuer he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that soiourne in Israel, that giueth any of his seed vnto Molech, he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.

3 And I wil set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people: because he hath giuen of his seed vnto Molech, to defile my Sanctuary, and to prophane my holy Name.

1Corinthians:
19 What, know ye not that your body is the Temple of the holy Ghost which is in you, which yee haue of God, and ye are not your owne?

20 For yee are bought with a price: therefore glorifie God in your body, and in your spirit, which are Gods.

John 2:

18 ¶ Then answered the Iewes, and said vnto him, What signe shewest thou vnto vs, seeing that thou doest these things?

19 Iesus answered, and said vnto them, Destroy this temple, and in three dayes I will raise it vp.

20 Then said the Iewes, Fourty and six yeres was this Temple in building, and wilt thou reare it vp in three dayes?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

So my answer to you is that if our body is the temple, and we have not ownership to defile the Sanctuary, and to burn bones is a pollution, than if we cremate a body than we pollute it. Even after death. For in the WORD it speaks of bodies being raised up in the valley of dry bones many, many years after those people had died. So, then, we do not own our body, it is a temple, and the dry bones can be raised up. If we burn them it pollutes and makes unclean. I for one, would never cremate a body, for to cause something to be unclean is a sin. I hope this answers your question ....... I hope and pray you are well.
I myself do not like the idea of cremation for myself. Neither would I want to do that for my relatives should they pass on before me. I wonder if the ungodly see this as a way of escape from the judgement which is to come. I know that sometimes when dead bodies are found after many days or weeks and they are badly decompose the authorities might consider doing that.. Or when somone die from a deadly or highly contagious desease such as the ebola they might perhaps do that. But I know of people requesting creamation for no ne of those reasons. I do not believe in it. Thank you for showing me from the scriptures that it is wrong.

I myself do not like the idea of cremation for myself. Neither would I want to do that for my relatives should they pass on before me. I wonder if the ungodly see this as a way of escape from the judgement which is to come. I know that sometimes when dead bodies are found after many days or weeks and they are badly decompose the authorities might consider doing that.. Or when somone die from a deadly or highly contagious desease such as the ebola they might perhaps do that. But I know of people requesting creamation for no ne of those reasons. I do not believe in it. Thank you for showing me from the scriptures that it is wrong.
You are so welcome.

No matter if you are cremated, given away for science or just put on a grave where other people lie, we shall become just as God said. From dust you came to be and to dust ye shall return. Remember beloved, this world is not our home, this body of ours is does not really belong to us, it belongs to Gods earth. He put us here and He will take away to be with Him forever. Just rejoice in the wonderful thought. We shall be with Him for ever and ever. Amen

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Jeremiah describes a Pagan Custom very similar to Christmas In the following passage, Jeremiah describes a pagan custom that is very similar to Christmas in terms of its customs. Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body (James 3:2). Proverbs 18:21 says, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue….” It parallels what the master (Jesus Christ) said in Mathew 12:37, “For by thy...
Replies
Views
  • Article
=AZU_uM3hrIugK5dVMWh5TJKi2KVoUjEs9MqlF9APzOzqkIfGjlSYiyVFgLSk24JwkNxBLf98l4OYZw9iqzNk-dmbcPJsMFPjX0ZmehEu2StKujb5uz4bU400mi6fYIcFe5HPOyGKzNyPsp8scQXVt-SQ36vwjzph2uiArE7wWxVLEGbUY4OojuvDXTdkv_Z3Alwc3whLuQ6ecm_2w45MYzvD&__tn__=R]-R']John Petra...
Replies
Views
  • Article
That is why I would remind you to stir up (rekindle the embers of, fan the flame of, and keep burning) the [gracious] gift of God, [the inner fire] that is in you by means of the laying on of my hands [with those of the elders at your ordination] (2 Timothy 1:6 AMPC). Think about this: The same...
Replies
Views
  • Article
8 views 3 Dec 2022 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY55s... video from Midnight Cry with Deborah. titled A Powerful Word -- The curse is broken by FAITH! Not only for us but also for America. I am not saying she is a false prophet or a true prophet I agree with some of what she says but I also...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom