20 October 2023 - Your Tongue Is The Compass

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body (James 3:2).

Proverbs 18:21 says, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue….” It parallels what the master (Jesus Christ) said in Mathew 12:37, “For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” Through your thoughts, your character is formed, but it’s expressed through your words. Your mouth-work is your life.

As revealed in our opening verse, Christian perfection or maturity is expressed primarily in your communication. If you want to go in the right direction in life, your tongue is the compass. If you offend in words, you’re sunk; but if your communication is wholesome, your life will be great. Your speech controls you. Proverbs 15:4 says, “A wholesome tongue is a tree of life….” I Iove the way Peter puts it in 1 Peter 3:10; it says, “For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile.” In other words, maintain the right confessions.

Your mouth is where your blessings is. Romans 10:10 says, “…with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” It’s a principle. God said to Joshua, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night…” (Joshua 1:8). That means keep affirming the Word.

No matter what’s happening around you, keep the Word of God on your lips. The Bible says, “When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up…” (Job 22:29). Again, the emphasis is on what you say. When things are rough and tough, you’re not to wait to be lifted; you have a lifting power; it’s all in your mouth.

What is it that you want? It’s all in your mouth. That’s the compass with which you steer your life aright, in the direction of God’s perfect will. Blessed be God.

CONFESSION: I have a wholesome tongue; my words are sculpted in line with God’s perfect will and direction for my life. I walk in divine health, prosperity, victory, success and financial abundance, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Mathew 12:37 AMPC – For by your words you will be justified and acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned and sentenced.

Mark 11:24 – Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Colossians 4:2-18 & Isaiah 52-53

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 5:10-18 & 1 Kings 17-18

Our tongue should be used to praise the Lord and bless others, thanking Jesus for sending the precious Holy Spirit of God as a Counselor who shall be with us. Praise, honor and glory shall be unto the Lord our God now and forever more. Amen

For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body (James 3:2).

Proverbs 18:21 says, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue….” It parallels what the master (Jesus Christ) said in Mathew 12:37, “For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” Through your thoughts, your character is formed, but it’s expressed through your words. Your mouth-work is your life.

As revealed in our opening verse, Christian perfection or maturity is expressed primarily in your communication. If you want to go in the right direction in life, your tongue is the compass. If you offend in words, you’re sunk; but if your communication is wholesome, your life will be great. Your speech controls you. Proverbs 15:4 says, “A wholesome tongue is a tree of life….” I Iove the way Peter puts it in 1 Peter 3:10; it says, “For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile.” In other words, maintain the right confessions.

Your mouth is where your blessings is. Romans 10:10 says, “…with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” It’s a principle. God said to Joshua, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night…” (Joshua 1:8). That means keep affirming the Word.

No matter what’s happening around you, keep the Word of God on your lips. The Bible says, “When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up…” (Job 22:29). Again, the emphasis is on what you say. When things are rough and tough, you’re not to wait to be lifted; you have a lifting power; it’s all in your mouth.

What is it that you want? It’s all in your mouth. That’s the compass with which you steer your life aright, in the direction of God’s perfect will. Blessed be God.

CONFESSION: I have a wholesome tongue; my words are sculpted in line with God’s perfect will and direction for my life. I walk in divine health, prosperity, victory, success and financial abundance, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Mathew 12:37 AMPC – For by your words you will be justified and acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned and sentenced.

Mark 11:24 – Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Colossians 4:2-18 & Isaiah 52-53

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 5:10-18 & 1 Kings 17-18
God has given us a mouth to glorify His holy name and be a blessing to others. Never ever use your mouth to curse others or lift the name of the Lord in vain.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 1–2, 1 Timothy 3 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this. Psalm 37:5 God doesn’t help those who help themselves; He helps those who trust in and rely on Him. Jonathan Roumie—the actor who plays Jesus in the successful TV series The Chosen, which...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Zechariah 9–12 , Revelation 20 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12 Twelve-year-old Lee Adianez Rodriguez-Espada was worried...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 22–23, Titus 1 I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. - Psalm 61:4 There are several Canada goose families with baby geese at the pond near our home. The little goslings are so fluffy and cute; it’s hard not to watch them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What does the New Testament say about anxiety? 2 Timothy 1:7 reads, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” John 14:27 talks about the peace that God can give. In it, it says, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom