Today's Verse - Deuteronomy 1:21 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged.

Deuteronomy 1:21 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

A word of encouragement is indispensable at the start of a new journey, especially when the journey demands your leadership. Joshua is no longer second chair. He is no longer the backup to all-pro Moses. Now it is his turn to lead. The people he leads have only known the leadership of the incomparable Moses. How will he lead? He will lead trusting the promises of God and without fear or discouragement! How is this possible? Because the real leader of God's people hasn't really changed! God is still God. His word is still true. His promises are still trustworthy. His might is still all-powerful.

My Prayer...

O God, as I face increasing responsibilities and greater challenges, remind me of your promises, allay my fears, strengthen my resolve, and lead me by your will. May the victories in which I participate always bring glory and honor to you. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
P0vBijaf7PE

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged. —Deuteronomy 1:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... A word of encouragement is indispensable at the start of a new journey...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then I said unto you, Dread not, neither be afraid of them. The LORD your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes. —Deuteronomy 1:29-30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Moses began his farewell message to Israel...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. —Habakkuk 2:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Habakkuk sees the worthlessness of what most people live to achieve and work to own. He says right before our verse, "Has not the Lord...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. —Ephesians 2:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are God's artistry in human form. He fashioned us (Psalm 139:13-16) and re-created us in Christ to display his...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins. —Colossians 1:13-14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Rescued! Redeemed! Forgiven! As Paul declares in this...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom