Today's Verse - Deuteronomy 1:29-30 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Then I said unto you, Dread not, neither be afraid of them. The LORD your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes.

Deuteronomy 1:29-30 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Moses began his farewell message to Israel, reminding them of their refusal to obey God's command to enter the Promised Land. Moses is preparing the new generation for his death when they must follow a new leader. God and Moses are preparing them to do mighty things in the coming days, led by Joshua, that their parents did not do. But they must obey the same command their parents ignored: Be strong and courageous, don't be terrified or afraid (Joshua 1:1-18). These parents ignored God. Would those children own a faith that their fathers' did not have? Would this next generation rebel, too? Would they undercut Joshua as their parents had Moses? However, the more penetrating question for you and me is this: Will we undercut our leaders today because we are terrified and afraid, or will we move forward faithfully because we trust God?

My Prayer...​

Almighty and Sovereign LORD, all glory and honor goes to you for your mighty acts to redeem, save, fulfill, and bless your people throughout the ages. I ask, dear LORD, that the Holy Spirit enable us to have faith in your power, hearts eager to obey your commands, and eyes that see that your great work is not yet done. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Then I said unto you, Dread not, neither be afraid of them. The LORD your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes.

Deuteronomy 1:29-30 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Moses began his farewell message to Israel, reminding them of their refusal to obey God's command to enter the Promised Land. Moses is preparing the new generation for his death when they must follow a new leader. God and Moses are preparing them to do mighty things in the coming days, led by Joshua, that their parents did not do. But they must obey the same command their parents ignored: Be strong and courageous, don't be terrified or afraid (Joshua 1:1-18). These parents ignored God. Would those children own a faith that their fathers' did not have? Would this next generation rebel, too? Would they undercut Joshua as their parents had Moses? However, the more penetrating question for you and me is this: Will we undercut our leaders today because we are terrified and afraid, or will we move forward faithfully because we trust God?

My Prayer...​

Almighty and Sovereign LORD, all glory and honor goes to you for your mighty acts to redeem, save, fulfill, and bless your people throughout the ages. I ask, dear LORD, that the Holy Spirit enable us to have faith in your power, hearts eager to obey your commands, and eyes that see that your great work is not yet done. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Praise be to God almighty. He will go before us to protect, to help and to guide our steps to heaven.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him: for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which thou shalt see. —Deuteronomy 3:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Moses led the people of Israel out of Egypt and in the wilderness but did...
Replies
Views
  • Article
He must increase, but I must decrease. —John 3:30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This ultimate formula for greatness did not take many words for John the Baptist to articulate. What's your formula? Paul told the Galatians that they needed a similar approach to greatness: Christ must be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged. —Deuteronomy 1:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... A word of encouragement is indispensable at the start of a new journey...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, —Luke 2:29-30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Welcome to Leap Day! I wanted to remind you that we are basing our Scripture verses this year on the day — February 29, or 2/29...
Replies
Views
  • Article
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you... —Galatians 4:19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Paul had a clear goal for new followers of Jesus; he wanted Jesus to be formed in them. He wanted them to become fully mature in Christ (Colossians...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom