Proverbs Chapter 20

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 20

20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler; And whoever errs by it is not wise.

20:2 The terror of a king is as the roaring of a lion: He who makes him furious sins [against] his own life.

20:3 It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; But every fool will be quarrelling.

20:4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the winter; Therefore he will beg in harvest, and have nothing.

20:5 Counsel in the heart of man is [like] deep water; But a man of understanding will draw it out.

20:6 Most of man will proclaim every one his own kindness; But a faithful man who can find?

20:7 A righteous man who walks in his integrity, Blessed are his sons after him.

20:8 A king who sits on the throne of judgment Scatters away all evil with his eyes.

20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

20:10 Diverse weights, and diverse measures, Both of them alike are disgusting to Yahweh.

20:11 Even a child makes himself known by his doings, Whether his work is pure, and whether it is right.

20:12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, Yahweh has made even both of them.

20:13 Do not love sleep, or else you will come to poverty; Open your eyes, [and] you will be satisfied with bread.

20:14 It is bad, it is bad, says the buyer; But when he has gone his way, then he boasts.

20:15 There is gold, and abundance of rubies; But the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.

20:16 Take his garment who is surety for a stranger; And hold him in pledge [who is surety] for foreigners.

20:17 Bread of falsehood is sweet to a man; But afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.

20:18 Every purpose is established by counsel; And by wise guidance make war.

20:19 He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets; Therefore don't company with him who opens his lips wide.

20:20 Whoever curses his father or his mother, His lamp will be put out in the middle of the night.

20:21 An inheritance [may be] obtained hastily at the beginning; But its end will not be blessed.

20:22 Don't say, I will recompense evil: Wait for Yahweh, and he will save you.

20:23 Diverse weights are disgusting to Yahweh; And a false balance is not good.

20:24 A man's goings are of Yahweh; How then can [noble] man understand his way?

20:25 It is a snare to man to rashly say, [it is] holy, And after vows to make inquiry.

20:26 A wise king winnows the wicked, And brings the [threshing]-wheel over them.

20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of Yahweh, Searching all his innermost parts.

20:28 Kindness and truth preserve the king; And his throne is upheld by kindness.

20:29 The glory of young men is their strength; And the majesty of old men is the gray head.

20:30 Stripes that wound cleanse away evil; And strokes [reach] the innermost parts.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
A mans goings are from Yahwey.  Proverbs 20. 24a  If God is leading you towards His service and you do not know which way to turn.  Then remember this verse. Your goings and your comings are from God and He will direct you the way God want you to go.  Just like Jesús called the disciples to come and follow me.  They left everything they had and followed Jesús with all their hearts, souls and mind.  we should do the same thing.

The key to future events it is found in the Book of Daniel.  The revealing work of God is done for our hope eternal in heaven. Daniel went through hell and came back triumphant because God was with him all along.  Let us all take the example of his life into ours so we will be refreshed every time we are found with problems in our own personal lives. Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler. Prov. 20.1a  Certainly Daniel the prophet was not a drunk nor a brawler.  He followed this verse as it is written and God blessed him for doing just that.

My God turns my darkness into light. Psalm 18.28 If you are in depression and sadness and worry, turn to Jesus, He alone will shine His face upon you. Trust in Him at all times and you will be healed. Proverbs 20.5a Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water. Hear what God is telling you through His word. That will be the best advise you will get from God himself.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
When the enemy brings all kinds of hardship and trials into your life, Jesus has a way of taking that experience and turning around for the good of your people and a best example of faithfulness to God in your llife.  You may think you have hit a dead end and there is no way to cross it, then faith in God will open up new raoutes to get to your goal.  That is reaching souls that are lost and going to hell and lead them all to the feet Jesus to get saved.   What a good deed you have done for Gods name and His purpose will be done on earth. Proverbs 20.11a  Even a child makes himself known by his doings.  Yes, we want to be known by others when we do the will of God and shine like the sunshine so the light of Jesus will be seen by others in our lives.

There is no need to dwell on the twilight when the light of Jesus shines through you and is in you. Walk in the sunshine that God has sent and those who see you will glorify God. Am mans goings are from Yahweh. Proverbs 20.24a Dear God, use our feet to preach the gospel to every creature we find anywhere. That our comings and goings will be done for the glory of the Father who is in heaven. If we are at the airport, let us share the gospel to our fellow travelers. If we are in the street, may our feet take us to those who are hungry to hear Jesus.

What a wonderful and awewome God we serve.  He is the reason of our existence.  Without Him we are nothing.  He give us the desire to do His will and to serve the homeless, the widows, the orphans and to teach them the way to salvation.  Behold I am coming soon.  And my reward is with me.  Jesus said.  Are we waiting for Him to come?  Wine is mocker strong drink a brawler. Proverbs 20.1a  Let us continue to pray for those people who drink so much and then drive the car.  Please Jesus, protect us all and please, save the souls of all drinkers and intead of drinking vodka, they should be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.  Save them we pray in Your name. Amen

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are the children of God. Romans 8.16  The Conforter, the precious Holy Spirit is telling us that we are children of the living God.  So do not believe satans lies that we come from worms, then monkeys and gorillas.  Jesus, please save the souls of the evolutionists and atheists today.  Bring them all to church we pray in Your name. Amen

Wine is mocker. Strong drink a brawler. Prov. 20.1a The excuse for many drinkers today is that Jesus turned water into wine to get drunk. But there is none of them that got drunk and the Bible clearly states that we should not get drunk at all. It is not a good witness for the unsaved to drink and spent all their hard earned money on wiskey. Do not drink with wine but instead be filled with the Holy Spirit. That is the advise that Jesus gave each one of us.

Similar Requests

Hi Everyone! Am seeking prayer and a filling of the Holy Spirit for my son Jack who is 20 and seeks admission to the military the process is taking long and he continues to receive push back for a medical error on his report. He is devastated and confused as he is perfectly healthy and willing...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For Herod had sent soldiers to arrest and imprison John as a favor to Herodias. She had been his brother Philip's wife, but Herod had married her. John had been telling Herod, "It is against God's law for you to marry your brother's wife." So Herodias bore a grudge against John and wanted to...
Replies
Views
Blessings and Woes 20 Then Jesus turned to his disciples and said, "God blesses you who are poor, for the Kingdom of God is yours. 21 God blesses you who are hungry now, for you will be satisfied. God blesses you who weep now, for in due time you will laugh. 22 What blessings await you when...
Replies
Views
Pastor Jerry uchechukwu eze, I have no other ALter of fire I run to except the one of NSPPD. Let the God of the fire ALter make a name for himself through my life. I want God of this fire Alter to settle me naturally. I have picked a wedding date 17 July no spouse in site but I believe this God...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom