Proverbs Chapter 20

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 20

20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler; And whoever errs by it is not wise.

20:2 The terror of a king is as the roaring of a lion: He who makes him furious sins [against] his own life.

20:3 It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; But every fool will be quarrelling.

20:4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the winter; Therefore he will beg in harvest, and have nothing.

20:5 Counsel in the heart of man is [like] deep water; But a man of understanding will draw it out.

20:6 Most of man will proclaim every one his own kindness; But a faithful man who can find?

20:7 A righteous man who walks in his integrity, Blessed are his sons after him.

20:8 A king who sits on the throne of judgment Scatters away all evil with his eyes.

20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

20:10 Diverse weights, and diverse measures, Both of them alike are disgusting to Yahweh.

20:11 Even a child makes himself known by his doings, Whether his work is pure, and whether it is right.

20:12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, Yahweh has made even both of them.

20:13 Do not love sleep, or else you will come to poverty; Open your eyes, [and] you will be satisfied with bread.

20:14 It is bad, it is bad, says the buyer; But when he has gone his way, then he boasts.

20:15 There is gold, and abundance of rubies; But the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.

20:16 Take his garment who is surety for a stranger; And hold him in pledge [who is surety] for foreigners.

20:17 Bread of falsehood is sweet to a man; But afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.

20:18 Every purpose is established by counsel; And by wise guidance make war.

20:19 He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets; Therefore don't company with him who opens his lips wide.

20:20 Whoever curses his father or his mother, His lamp will be put out in the middle of the night.

20:21 An inheritance [may be] obtained hastily at the beginning; But its end will not be blessed.

20:22 Don't say, I will recompense evil: Wait for Yahweh, and he will save you.

20:23 Diverse weights are disgusting to Yahweh; And a false balance is not good.

20:24 A man's goings are of Yahweh; How then can [noble] man understand his way?

20:25 It is a snare to man to rashly say, [it is] holy, And after vows to make inquiry.

20:26 A wise king winnows the wicked, And brings the [threshing]-wheel over them.

20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of Yahweh, Searching all his innermost parts.

20:28 Kindness and truth preserve the king; And his throne is upheld by kindness.

20:29 The glory of young men is their strength; And the majesty of old men is the gray head.

20:30 Stripes that wound cleanse away evil; And strokes [reach] the innermost parts.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
We should thank the Lord for his wonderful word and the teachings its giving to all of us. Come long expected Jesus, come to my heart and fill your presence with your love and power. Give us peace, joy and gladness. Because in your presence there is fullness of joy. We want to see you in our services and feel the power of your love in the new comers. The spirit of man is a lamp to Yaweh. 20.27 May your spirit shine through me to see the signs you made a Cana, the curing of the noblemans sons, healing the paralitic and feeding the five thousand. There are so many signs of your holy presence in our midst. We love you and praise your holy name. Please increase our longing for Jesus and to serve you in every way possible to the praise and honor of your holy name. Amen

I just want to say a big thanks to Jesus for what He has done for us so far. People have been coming in and getting saved. Gods power and love has been so great. Father like He tends and spare us from sin and evil. Well our feeble frame He knows. Speciallly when we fail Him and forget to thank Him for the things he has done for us. In His hands He gently bears us. May the hands of Jesus uphold us up every time we fall. He certainly rescues from our foes. If we pray and read the Word ... then we are closer to Jesus. Wait for Yaweh, and He will save you. 20.22  Save us Oh Lord from the hand of those who try to make us loose our salvation at work, at the office even at home. When we try to pray then trouble comes. When we try to witness...then someone is shout obscenities to all of us. Protect us oh Lord from those who oppose the teaching of your Word. In Jesus name. Amen

Sometimes you hold back and do not talk about Jesus because you know that is controversial and people would make fun at you. Listen. Do not hold back. People are hurting and need to hear the healing words of Jesus. Go and sin no more.. He told the woman after she was brought up to be stoned. If you hold back Jesus will not be heard from anyone else because everyone is busy, so busy in doing the things of this world. Let us hear God saying to all of us... 20.5 Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water. But a man of understanding will draw it out.  Isnt this a wonderful advise whe we are witnessing to our coworkers or the nexte door neightor? Obey God and He will bless yu.

When I am crushed and broke, when there is none to help.. then Jesus voice I hear. Be still and know that I am God. Elijah the prophet hear what God wanted to hear when he was in trouble. Persecuted for no reason at all. No food to eat and in the desert of life. All alone in a cave. But God was there. Helping him get along with himself. Lifes troubles and tribulations will takes us all of us to a cave where we can hear God speaking. Are we listening to the still small voice??  Are we willing to obey His command? Wine is mocker, strong drink a braler. 20.1 If you are in trouble... please do not drink. Lots of people do. Even Christians are falling into the temptation of heavy drinking. Instead of drinking all your money away... be filled with the power of the Holy Ghost. He will give you streght and wisdom how to deal with your problems. Cast out the demons of drinking and you will have the victory in Jesus. Trust me. God can do it.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
God wants all His children to be holy, to be set apart for His servie. Be ye holy. For I am Holy. We must strive for holiness every single day of our lives. Even when storms comes to our lives we should be firn in our faith. Just like Job did. If he destroys me I will still believe in Him.  Another word for holy is sanctified. Are you sanctified by the Holy Spirit?  Then you need to be. God is waiting for each one of us to Sanctified us holy unto you Lord Jesus. 20.24  A mans goings is from Yahwehs.  May our walk be with God at all times. We must depend on Him to supply all our needs.  Who has saved us and called us with a holy calling. Not according to our works, but according to his own goodness and works. Dear God. make us all holy. To be of service in our churches as Sunday school teachers, as ushers or anything you can use us. In Jesus name. Amen

Wine is a mocker. Strong drink a browler. 20.1  Dear God allow us not ever touch wiskey, or ron or anything that make us fail in obeying your word. Instead fill us with the Holy Spirit and we will cast all devils from our lives and the lives of all apartment dwellers. Specially those who cannot sleep at night. They are anxious for nothing and full of stress from their jobs. Please Jesus fill us with the Holy Spirit we pray. In Jesus name. Amen

We are living in time where Jesus said that He will come and save all the souls that are closer to Him. Relativism, tolerance, living your own truth have killed the message of Jesus. To love God above all things and your neighbors as yourself. Now we see everywhere, killings, violence of all kinds, hate, everything goes for anyone to do what they want.  They think the Bible is old fashioned and does not go along with their lives. No wonder they are full of depression, burned out, worry about nothing and God seems absent in their lives. But Jesus wants us free from everything that ovewhelm us. He said. I have come to give you peace.  In the world you shall find afliction of every kind. But God is there to help you out. You lost a house. Your spouse have left you for another person and now you are all alone.  Turn to Jesus He is  the author and finisher of our faith. He will help you. Guide you steps towards a better future. That is His promise. Amen

Are you feeling lonely?  Do you feel that you are being tossed out and left hanging? Well, you are not alone. Jesus was rejected by everyone who were supposed to help and suport Him. There is hope for all of us who feel rejected, unwanted, unloved and uncared for. Jesus, our Lord and saviour is the one who will lift us up and will get us on our feet again and again. Even when you fall and are wounded. Jesus hand is right there to help you. Jesus the hope we have, as an anchor of the soul both sure and steadfast. Heb. 6.19 What a wonderful thought for today. To have Jesus on our side and ready to help the wounded, the unwanted and the unloved. A righteous man who walks in his integrity. Blessed are his sons after him. Prov. 20.7  Lord Jesus I want to walk in integrity every day I am on this earth. Please, help me when I am weak and cannot get up. You certainly are the anchor of my life.

Similar Requests

Hi Everyone! Am seeking prayer and a filling of the Holy Spirit for my son Jack who is 20 and seeks admission to the military the process is taking long and he continues to receive push back for a medical error on his report. He is devastated and confused as he is perfectly healthy and willing...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For Herod had sent soldiers to arrest and imprison John as a favor to Herodias. She had been his brother Philip's wife, but Herod had married her. John had been telling Herod, "It is against God's law for you to marry your brother's wife." So Herodias bore a grudge against John and wanted to...
Replies
Views
Blessings and Woes 20 Then Jesus turned to his disciples and said, "God blesses you who are poor, for the Kingdom of God is yours. 21 God blesses you who are hungry now, for you will be satisfied. God blesses you who weep now, for in due time you will laugh. 22 What blessings await you when...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Herod Antipas, the king, soon heard about Jesus, because everyone was talking about him. Some were saying, "This must be John the Baptist raised from the dead. That is why he can do such miracles." Others said, "He's the prophet Elijah." Still others said, "He's a prophet like the other great...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom