Proverbs Chapter 20

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 20

20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler; And whoever errs by it is not wise.

20:2 The terror of a king is as the roaring of a lion: He who makes him furious sins [against] his own life.

20:3 It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; But every fool will be quarrelling.

20:4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the winter; Therefore he will beg in harvest, and have nothing.

20:5 Counsel in the heart of man is [like] deep water; But a man of understanding will draw it out.

20:6 Most of man will proclaim every one his own kindness; But a faithful man who can find?

20:7 A righteous man who walks in his integrity, Blessed are his sons after him.

20:8 A king who sits on the throne of judgment Scatters away all evil with his eyes.

20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

20:10 Diverse weights, and diverse measures, Both of them alike are disgusting to Yahweh.

20:11 Even a child makes himself known by his doings, Whether his work is pure, and whether it is right.

20:12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, Yahweh has made even both of them.

20:13 Do not love sleep, or else you will come to poverty; Open your eyes, [and] you will be satisfied with bread.

20:14 It is bad, it is bad, says the buyer; But when he has gone his way, then he boasts.

20:15 There is gold, and abundance of rubies; But the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.

20:16 Take his garment who is surety for a stranger; And hold him in pledge [who is surety] for foreigners.

20:17 Bread of falsehood is sweet to a man; But afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.

20:18 Every purpose is established by counsel; And by wise guidance make war.

20:19 He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets; Therefore don't company with him who opens his lips wide.

20:20 Whoever curses his father or his mother, His lamp will be put out in the middle of the night.

20:21 An inheritance [may be] obtained hastily at the beginning; But its end will not be blessed.

20:22 Don't say, I will recompense evil: Wait for Yahweh, and he will save you.

20:23 Diverse weights are disgusting to Yahweh; And a false balance is not good.

20:24 A man's goings are of Yahweh; How then can [noble] man understand his way?

20:25 It is a snare to man to rashly say, [it is] holy, And after vows to make inquiry.

20:26 A wise king winnows the wicked, And brings the [threshing]-wheel over them.

20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of Yahweh, Searching all his innermost parts.

20:28 Kindness and truth preserve the king; And his throne is upheld by kindness.

20:29 The glory of young men is their strength; And the majesty of old men is the gray head.

20:30 Stripes that wound cleanse away evil; And strokes [reach] the innermost parts.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
All my hope on God if founded, I have no other one in whom to trust. They are all either false or untrue to the holy word of God. He doth still my trust renew. Many false teachers have led me astray but Gods word has led me through thick and thin. Me through change and chance He guideth, only good and only true. This world is changing completely even the weather is telling us that Jesus is coming soon. The sooner the better. Dear Jesus we are waiting for you to take us home to heaven. It is good and true His word to obey and to follow through everything we are going through. God unknown but through Jesus now known to all of us, we just praise and honor His holy name. He alone calls my heart to be His own. What a wonderful thought for Jesus to be near us. Prov. 20.1  Wine is a mocker. Please do not drink and drive. God is protecting us all from accidents on the road.

Thine be the glory, risen conquering Son. Endless is the victory, Thou over death has won. Angels in bright raiment, rolled the stone away. Kept the folded grave clothes where thy body laid. What a beautiful song of praise and honor to Jesus who conquered death and destruction. We should never ever fear death because we shall live forever with Him who conquered it. Thine be the glory. Risen conquering Son. Endless is the victory Thou over death has won. Those of us who fear the future or cry out for Gods help. Worry no more. Cry no more. Jesus has conquered death, fear, confusion and doubt. He is our triumphant saviour who loves you so much that died on the cross to have eternal life. Prov. 20.24  A mans goings are of Yahweh. May my goings and my comings be with You lord Jesus. To please you to serve you and to obey your holy word. Please come to our lives and deliver us from all doubt, fear, confusion and trials that come along in our lives. Fill us with the presence of the Holy Spirit to be a blessing in our church, in our homes, in our work and wherever we are. May our goings and coming be pleasing to Your lord Jesus. This we pray in your name. Amen

I woke up this morning and realized that my computer was not working properly. I was desperate. I was distressed. I worried a lot. How am I gona survive without it? We are so dependent on the things of this earth and when something goes wrong then we worry, nervous, and we cannot sleep well. This are only the things of the world and God has give to us to enjoy but never to be dependent on them. We should stick closer to Jesus in prayer, offering sacrifice of praise and fasting for souls to come to know God. Dear Jesus, all my comptures, cellphones, Ipod, laptop and everything else belongs to You and I must use them to glorify your name and never ever be dependent on them. Give us wisdom and understanding on how to use everything you have given to us. Prov.20.15. There is gold, and abundance of rubies. But the lips of knowledge are precious jewels. Dear God. Use my lips to bless others, to teach your word in Sunday school, give me knowledge so I can share them with others. Silver and gold will not take to eternity. But your word and the souls we have won for Jesus that really counts for God. This we pray in Jesus name. Amen

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Please do not grow weary doing good because Jesus see your good works and he will reward you in his time. Just start praising and adoring his holy name.  The verse that I love most in this chapter is... Whoever curses his mother or father, his lamp will be put out in the middle of the night. 20.20  Please visit your parents when they are old. specially when they are in nursing homes or the hospital. a lot of people forget their parents right after they get married and never ever visit them. That is like cursing your father and mother. They need the love of their children. help them out when they run out of money because social security is not enough to by groceries because food is so expensive.. Buy groceries for them and  Jesus will bless you for it.

Our Actions speak for themselves! Mans spirit is Gods contact point, through which he illumines man and show him his own true nature.

God wants you to be great. Wine is a wonderful relaxer that cheers you up, yet too much can temporarily impair your abilities and potentially harm your reputation. You must set limits to drinking - and not get drunk and the same rule applies on food-sin of gluttony, sleep-laziness, etc..

((maintain control of yourself.))
So-"And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit"

Let us go into the house of the Lord and worship Him in the beauty of His holiness. This is one thing that we should never ever forget to do it. God has been so good to us so far and now we should be thankful and worship and adore His holy name. Blessed Jesus, we come before your holy throne and praise and adore your holy name. You are the light of the world and no one will ever put out that light. Bless us oh Lord Jesus with your precious Holy Spirit we pray. Prov. 20.13 Do not love sleep, or else you will come to poverty. Please Jesus, we want to work hard for your kingdom and do the will of God. We do not want to be lazy and not expect other people to pay our utilities or morgage. Guide us with your eyes we pray in Jesus name. Amen

For we are Gods workmanship. Created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do. Eph. 2.10 This is one good reason to praise and honor our God. We are Gods workmanship we are not monkeys, we are no gorillas. Our ancestors are not animals. We are truly Gods creation and we are suposed to do good works. Sing songs of praise and honor to God, be an usher or a Sunday school teacher at your church. Visit the elderly in the nursing homes and sing songs to them and pray and read the bible. These are good works. Use your talent. God will be so happy to see you preaching, teaching, sharing the word of God with a co worker. If you do this certainly we all will get to heaven when we die.

What if I die with an unconfessed sin?  One person asked to our Sunday school teacher. Well, Jesus knows everything. He knows our thoughts, our ideas and if we have fogotten some sins that we wish not ever to remember.. then Jesus has forgiven that too. Right after we were saved Jesus blot out all sins that was in our account. We have been redeemed by the Blood of Jesus. Cleansed and purified by the cross of calvary. So, do not worry. God is in control. If the devil is telling you you are not saved because of the unconfessed sin.. then pray hard and tell the devil he is a liar and deceiver and will flee from you. He who goes about as a telebearer reveals secrets. Prov. 20.19a. Precious Jesus, may our lips be used to bless and not to curse. To help others find Jesus and not reveal secrets that belong to other people. Use us Lord Jesus for our glory and honor. In Your name. Amen

Similar Requests

Hi Everyone! Am seeking prayer and a filling of the Holy Spirit for my son Jack who is 20 and seeks admission to the military the process is taking long and he continues to receive push back for a medical error on his report. He is devastated and confused as he is perfectly healthy and willing...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For Herod had sent soldiers to arrest and imprison John as a favor to Herodias. She had been his brother Philip's wife, but Herod had married her. John had been telling Herod, "It is against God's law for you to marry your brother's wife." So Herodias bore a grudge against John and wanted to...
Replies
Views
Blessings and Woes 20 Then Jesus turned to his disciples and said, "God blesses you who are poor, for the Kingdom of God is yours. 21 God blesses you who are hungry now, for you will be satisfied. God blesses you who weep now, for in due time you will laugh. 22 What blessings await you when...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Herod Antipas, the king, soon heard about Jesus, because everyone was talking about him. Some were saying, "This must be John the Baptist raised from the dead. That is why he can do such miracles." Others said, "He's the prophet Elijah." Still others said, "He's a prophet like the other great...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom