Proverbs Chapter 20

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 20

20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler; And whoever errs by it is not wise.

20:2 The terror of a king is as the roaring of a lion: He who makes him furious sins [against] his own life.

20:3 It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; But every fool will be quarrelling.

20:4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the winter; Therefore he will beg in harvest, and have nothing.

20:5 Counsel in the heart of man is [like] deep water; But a man of understanding will draw it out.

20:6 Most of man will proclaim every one his own kindness; But a faithful man who can find?

20:7 A righteous man who walks in his integrity, Blessed are his sons after him.

20:8 A king who sits on the throne of judgment Scatters away all evil with his eyes.

20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

20:10 Diverse weights, and diverse measures, Both of them alike are disgusting to Yahweh.

20:11 Even a child makes himself known by his doings, Whether his work is pure, and whether it is right.

20:12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, Yahweh has made even both of them.

20:13 Do not love sleep, or else you will come to poverty; Open your eyes, [and] you will be satisfied with bread.

20:14 It is bad, it is bad, says the buyer; But when he has gone his way, then he boasts.

20:15 There is gold, and abundance of rubies; But the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.

20:16 Take his garment who is surety for a stranger; And hold him in pledge [who is surety] for foreigners.

20:17 Bread of falsehood is sweet to a man; But afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.

20:18 Every purpose is established by counsel; And by wise guidance make war.

20:19 He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets; Therefore don't company with him who opens his lips wide.

20:20 Whoever curses his father or his mother, His lamp will be put out in the middle of the night.

20:21 An inheritance [may be] obtained hastily at the beginning; But its end will not be blessed.

20:22 Don't say, I will recompense evil: Wait for Yahweh, and he will save you.

20:23 Diverse weights are disgusting to Yahweh; And a false balance is not good.

20:24 A man's goings are of Yahweh; How then can [noble] man understand his way?

20:25 It is a snare to man to rashly say, [it is] holy, And after vows to make inquiry.

20:26 A wise king winnows the wicked, And brings the [threshing]-wheel over them.

20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of Yahweh, Searching all his innermost parts.

20:28 Kindness and truth preserve the king; And his throne is upheld by kindness.

20:29 The glory of young men is their strength; And the majesty of old men is the gray head.

20:30 Stripes that wound cleanse away evil; And strokes [reach] the innermost parts.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bread of falsehood is sweet to a man. Prov. 20.17a The word of God should be sweet to our mouth and bread for our soul. All kinds of falsehood comes from the devil and he is the author of lies and gossip. Let us all pray for those who are far away from God and living in sin. Jesus can save their souls and bring them to a place of peace and joy in their lives. Amen

It is very true in life that wine is a mocker and many are in it suffering, all alone, their families broken and their children hungry.  Dear God, we pray for those who drink till they drop in the middle of the street, save them please, save their families and filled them with the precious Holy Spirit.  May God hear our prayers today.  Amen

Dear Jesus, help me not ever touch any wine, or liquor at all to get drunk.  A lot of people are getting killed on the road and families are being splip in half because of drinking too much.  Your word says to me today.  Wine is a mocker, strong drink a browler.  Help me to keep away from it and instead of being drunk with wine I will be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit to cast out devils that torment us daily with sleeplessnes, hearing strange noises at night, worry, fear, stress, sadness and loneliness.   We cast out all these devils out of our lives.  In Jesus name.  Amen

Praise my soul the king of heaven. To His feet thy tribute bring. Ransomed,healed, restored, forgiven. Who like thee His praise should sing?

Blessed Jesus, we are coming before Your holy throne, worshiping, honoring and praising your holy name.  We love You with all our hearts and souls. Thank you for speaking to us through Your holy word. Even a child makes himself known by his doings.  Prov. 20.11a  Please God, allow us to be known by your loving kindness and tender mercies.  That we show compassion and mercy on lost souls.  Save all our relatives, friends, nextdoor neighbors and coworkers to get saved quick before Jesus comes back to take us all home to glory.  In Jesus name. Amen

Lots of girls wants a man to save them.  There is One who really can save them all.  It is Jesus. Two thousand years ago He did save all the girls, the boys, the man and all the woman of the world.  Open your heart to Him and He will really save you from all your problems and trials you are going through.  Keep reading Gods word.  Specially this  wonderful chapter.  He will come to you and bless you.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
But Jesus said, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?” When the other disciples saw what was about to happen, they exclaimed, "Lord, should we fight? We brought the swords!" And one of them struck at the high priest's slave, slashing off his right ear. But Jesus said, "No more...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A little farther up the shore Jesus saw Zebedee's sons, James and John, in a boat repairing their nets. He called them at once, and they also followed him, leaving their father, Zebedee, in the boat with the hired men. —Mark 1:19-20 NLT Key Thought There is a cost to following Jesus. Some...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Watching for their opportunity, the leaders sent spies pretending to be honest men. They tried to get Jesus to say something that could be reported to the Roman governor so he would arrest Jesus. "Teacher," they said, "we know that you speak and teach what is right and are not influenced by what...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom