Proverbs Chapter 20

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 20

20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler; And whoever errs by it is not wise.

20:2 The terror of a king is as the roaring of a lion: He who makes him furious sins [against] his own life.

20:3 It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; But every fool will be quarrelling.

20:4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the winter; Therefore he will beg in harvest, and have nothing.

20:5 Counsel in the heart of man is [like] deep water; But a man of understanding will draw it out.

20:6 Most of man will proclaim every one his own kindness; But a faithful man who can find?

20:7 A righteous man who walks in his integrity, Blessed are his sons after him.

20:8 A king who sits on the throne of judgment Scatters away all evil with his eyes.

20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

20:10 Diverse weights, and diverse measures, Both of them alike are disgusting to Yahweh.

20:11 Even a child makes himself known by his doings, Whether his work is pure, and whether it is right.

20:12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, Yahweh has made even both of them.

20:13 Do not love sleep, or else you will come to poverty; Open your eyes, [and] you will be satisfied with bread.

20:14 It is bad, it is bad, says the buyer; But when he has gone his way, then he boasts.

20:15 There is gold, and abundance of rubies; But the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.

20:16 Take his garment who is surety for a stranger; And hold him in pledge [who is surety] for foreigners.

20:17 Bread of falsehood is sweet to a man; But afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.

20:18 Every purpose is established by counsel; And by wise guidance make war.

20:19 He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets; Therefore don't company with him who opens his lips wide.

20:20 Whoever curses his father or his mother, His lamp will be put out in the middle of the night.

20:21 An inheritance [may be] obtained hastily at the beginning; But its end will not be blessed.

20:22 Don't say, I will recompense evil: Wait for Yahweh, and he will save you.

20:23 Diverse weights are disgusting to Yahweh; And a false balance is not good.

20:24 A man's goings are of Yahweh; How then can [noble] man understand his way?

20:25 It is a snare to man to rashly say, [it is] holy, And after vows to make inquiry.

20:26 A wise king winnows the wicked, And brings the [threshing]-wheel over them.

20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of Yahweh, Searching all his innermost parts.

20:28 Kindness and truth preserve the king; And his throne is upheld by kindness.

20:29 The glory of young men is their strength; And the majesty of old men is the gray head.

20:30 Stripes that wound cleanse away evil; And strokes [reach] the innermost parts.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus is the true vine. He gives life to the branches which we are. Bless the Lord at all times. He is the meaning of our existence. Without Him we cannot do anything at all. Proverbs 20.17a Bread of falsehood is sweet to a man. Let us all pray for the man of falsehood that has come to our doors and tell us lies. Jesus please, save the souls of those who teach falsehood and need salvation today. Amen

So then faith cometh by hearing the word of God.  Romans 19.17  Thank you Jesus, thank you God for your wonderful word that gives us strenght to work, to wake up and read it is like fresh water coming into our souls.  Even a chld makes himself known by his doings.  Prov. 20.11a   As a child of the living God we should let the light shine over evil.  That sinners will give praise and honor God for what we are doing.  In Jesus name. Amen

If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.  My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our abode with him. John 14.23   This is a wonderful promise for all of us who think that we are not loved.  Yes we are.  Jesus loved us so much that He died on the cross for each one.  Be thankful and worship Him in spirit and in truth.  Kindness and truth preserve the king.  Prov 20.28a  Jesus told us to be kind to one another and be truthful in everything you do.  Let us follow His example. 

A righteous man who walks in his integrity. Blessed are his sons after him. Proverbs 20.7 Pray for your sons and daughters daily. Ask Jesus to save their souls and make them a blessing to all they meet. Pray for their Sunday school teacher and their school mates. Jesus will bless them all the days of their lives just as this verse says.

Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler. Proverbs 20.1a   I am praying for those people who drink and drive.  The bible tells us not to drink but instead be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.  Dear people of God.  Let us all pray for those who drink a lot and have no money to buy food for their families.  These people need Jesus real fast and pray that their families will be blessed with a lot of things to eat. 

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

Hi Everyone! Am seeking prayer and a filling of the Holy Spirit for my son Jack who is 20 and seeks admission to the military the process is taking long and he continues to receive push back for a medical error on his report. He is devastated and confused as he is perfectly healthy and willing...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For Herod had sent soldiers to arrest and imprison John as a favor to Herodias. She had been his brother Philip's wife, but Herod had married her. John had been telling Herod, "It is against God's law for you to marry your brother's wife." So Herodias bore a grudge against John and wanted to...
Replies
Views
Blessings and Woes 20 Then Jesus turned to his disciples and said, "God blesses you who are poor, for the Kingdom of God is yours. 21 God blesses you who are hungry now, for you will be satisfied. God blesses you who weep now, for in due time you will laugh. 22 What blessings await you when...
Replies
Views
Pastor Jerry uchechukwu eze, I have no other ALter of fire I run to except the one of NSPPD. Let the God of the fire ALter make a name for himself through my life. I want God of this fire Alter to settle me naturally. I have picked a wedding date 17 July no spouse in site but I believe this God...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom