Proverbs Chapter 2

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 2

2:1 My son, if you will receive my words, And lay up my commandments with you;

2:2 So as to incline your ear to wisdom, And apply your heart to understanding;

2:3 Yes, if you cry after discernment, And lift up your voice for understanding;

2:4 If you seek her as silver, And search for her as for hidden treasures:

2:5 Then you will understand the fear of Yahweh, And find knowledge of God.

2:6 For Yahweh gives wisdom; Out of his mouth [comes] knowledge and understanding:

2:7 He lays up sound wisdom for the upright; [He is] a shield to those who walk in integrity;

2:8 That he may guard the paths of justice, And preserve the way of his saints.

2:9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice, And equity, [yes,] every good path.

2:10 For wisdom will enter into your heart, And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;

2:11 Discretion will watch over you; Understanding will keep you:

2:12 To deliver you from the way of evil, From the men who speak perverse things;

2:13 Who forsake the paths of uprightness, To walk in the ways of darkness;

2:14 Who rejoice to do evil, And delight in the perverseness of evil;

2:15 Who are crooked in their ways, And wayward in their paths:

2:16 To deliver you from the strange woman, Even from the foreigner who flatters with her words;

2:17 Who forsakes the best friend of her youth, And forgets the covenant of her God:

2:18 For her house inclines to death, And her paths to the spirits of the dead;

2:19 None who go to her return again, Neither do they attain to the paths of life:

2:20 That you may walk in the way of good men, And keep the paths of the righteous.

2:21 For the upright will stay in the land, And the perfect will be left in it.

2:22 But the wicked will be cut off from the land, And betrayers will be rooted out of it.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. Psalm 116.15 I want to be apreciated by God himself when I die. Many faithful servants of the living God had gone up to heaven to receive their reward. What are we doing for Jesus today??? For wisdom will enter your heart. Prov. 2.10a Yes, the wisdom of God will give us direction on what to do for the kingdom of God.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Holy Father, holy Son and Holy Spirit three in one who reigns for ever and we bow down and worship you and adore your holy name. Undivided God we claim Thee and adoring bend the knee, While we own the mistery. Let us all prepare ourselves for the coming of Jesus. He wants to be the center of our lives and give us all peace and joy in life. Prov. 2.21  For the upright will stay on the land.  Since we are all strangers and pilgrims let us prepare our hearts to receive Jesus  in our hearts and souls. Holy God we praise your holy name. Lord of all we bow down and adore your holy name. All on earth will hear and call on your lovingkindness and tender mercies.  Blessed Lord Jesus we will ever praise and worship you for ever and ever. Amen

I pray that the eyes of your heart be enlightened. So that you will know the hope of His calling. What are the riches of His glory of His inheritance in the saints. This is the secret of a real happy life.  God is in control of everything and if we just do what is right and serve Him with our whole heart then we will see blessing coming our way. For Yahweh gives wisdom.  Out of His mouth comes knowledge and understanding.  Proverbs 2.6   Ask and it shall be given unto you. Call and it shall be opened.   Call unto God and He certainly will answer you.

The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord look kindly and give you peace. He is merciful and kind and He wants to be very near to your heart today. But the wicked will be cut off from the land. Prov. 2.22a. Let us all pray for the salvation of the souls of all the wicked we see. Specially those who oppose God and do not want others to hear Jesus calling them to Himself. All atheists need Jesus today. All the humanists too. They are so far gone away from God that it needs special miracle to happen so they will be saved. The agnostics are another group of people who does not believe Jesus is Lord. Please God, save them all specially all the abortionists. May all come to the feet of the cross and get saved. In Jesus name. Amen

See what kind of love the Father has given to us that we should be called the children of God. And so we are.  The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. I John 3.1  No wonder the atheists and the agnostics reject flat our Jesus as Savior of the world.  Let us all pray during this year for all those who reject God and do not want to believe that He is the one who created the word and that He formed us from the womb of our mothers.  Dear Jesus save the souls of all who reject you. Specially the humanists and the heretics.  Proverbs 2.11a  Discretion will watch over you.  Yes Jesus. We want to be all you want us to be. I want to be in the choir of our church and start singing praises to your holy name.  We just bless you and thank you for everything you have done for us. 

See what kind of love the Father has given to us that we should be called the children of God. And so we are.  The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. I John 3.1  No wonder the atheists and the agnostics reject flat our Jesus as Savior of the world.  Let us all pray during this year for all those who reject God and do not want to believe that He is the one who created the word and that He formed us from the womb of our mothers.  Dear Jesus save the souls of all who reject you. Specially the humanists and the heretics.  Proverbs 2.11a  Discretion will watch over you.  Yes Jesus. We want to be all you want us to be. I want to be in the choir of our church and start singing praises to your holy name.  We just bless you and thank you for everything you have done for us. 

Thank you for starting off this wonderful Bible study and discussion!

I have been really struck and moved by Proverbs 2: 1-5

My son, if you accept my words
    and store up my commands within you,
[SIZE=.75em]2 turning your ear to wisdom[/SIZE]
    and applying your heart to understanding—
[SIZE=.75em]3 indeed, if you call out for insight[/SIZE]
    and cry aloud for understanding,
[SIZE=.75em]4 and if you look for it as for silver[/SIZE]
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
[SIZE=.75em]5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord[/SIZE]
    and find the knowledge of God."

In fact, only recently I was thinking about this topic, and have actually written a short blog post about it: http://faithandencouragement.wordpress.com/2013/12/27/do-you-analyse-the-bible/

A worship service can turn out to be a joyful experience, full of activities and singing.  The powerful music touch the hearts of people,  the crowds will fell the holy presence of God in their hearts and souls. The aura of Gods majesty if felt by everyone who comes with repented heart and full of gratitude for what He has done for each one of us. Turning our atention to Jesus can create intense feelings of joy, hapiness and closeness to the heart of God. Prov. 2.1  My son, if you will receive my words and lay up my commandments with you. Yes, Jesus, we want to receivy your words in our services at church, when we have personal devotional time and in prayer.  We really want to hear your voice down deep in our hearts and minds. Bless us we pray in Your name. Amen

If you find yourself a bit irritated or overwhelmed. It is a sign that you are spending less time with God and more time with the world.  Jesus withdrew Himself from the crowds and went to a solitary place to pray and ask God to be with Him all the time.  This is a wonderful example of individual devotional prayer that we should follow.  He will hear us when we ask anything in His name. That is for sure. Proverbs 2.18a  For her house inclines to death. Let us all pray for all women to draw closer to God. May her house be a house of prayer and a door to heaven.  May all her deeds be known by God to bless her and keep her soul alive for Jesus. Pray for all women of God.  Your mother, your sister, your niece and all the women you know.  To be vessels for the glory and honor of Jesus who loved us with an everlasting love.

Similar Requests

• Article
Heavenly Father, thank you for the peace of Jerusalem, and all who love Jerusalem shall prosper and be secure (Ps 122:6). Thank you that you bless those who bless Abraham and his descendants, and curse those who curse him. (Gen 12:3). Thank you that you were a wall of fire around Jerusalem last...
Replies
Views
Jonah thanked God by trusting him for success. Proverbs 3:5-6 teaches, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take” (NLT). In Jonah 1, we see Jonah running from God. In Jonah 2, we see Jonah...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Heavenly Father, thank you for the peace of Jerusalem, and all who love Jerusalem shall prosper and be secure (Ps 122:6). Thank you that you bless those who bless Abraham and his descendants, and curse those who curse him. (Gen 12:3). Thank you that you were a wall of fire around Jerusalem last...
Replies
Views
Dear Lord, I thank you for your love and kindness. Please I request your favor in my relationship with Abby. As mentioned in the Luke 11:9 Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For...
Replies
Views
Heavenly Father, thank you for the peace of Jerusalem, and all who love Jerusalem shall prosper and be secure (Ps 122:6). Thank you that you bless those who bless Abraham and his descendants, and curse those who curse him. (Gen 12:3). Thank you that you were a wall of fire around Jerusalem a...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom