Prayer for Anxiety, panic and depression

Your honest and urgent cry for prayer has been heard, and I am praying for you now in the midst of this shaking, racing thoughts, dizziness, and heaviness that has been building for so long. What you describe, the bubbling stomach, the heart that will not slow, the sleepless worry about your health, your job, your car, winter, your son, your finances and debt, is a heavy burden to carry, and it is right to bring it directly to God and to ask others to pray with you. You are not alone in this, and God sees both the outward pressures and the inward turmoil.

Scripture speaks of different kinds of war, and one of the most grievous is the war within a person, when the soul is troubled and thoughts contend within. The world may be quiet around us, yet if we are at war within ourselves we cannot find rest. That is why the peace Christ offers is so precious. He said, Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives. The peace the world gives is external and often passes quickly and does not reach the heart, but the peace Christ gives is to be at peace with Him, and to have His peace rule within us like an umpire when fear and anxiety contend for the heart. When two thoughts wrestle, one urging revenge against our circumstances or despair, the other urging trust and endurance, we are to let the peace of God decide, remembering that God Himself is peace and has made peace with us through Jesus Christ.

So I pray for you now.

Father in heaven, in the name of Jesus Christ your Son, I lift up this dear one to you. You know the panic and anxiety, the depression, the physical weakness and the sleepless worry. You know the fear of losing work, the weight of debt, the concern for a son, and the dread of what winter may bring. Lord, you will that all should be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth, and you invite the weary and heavy laden to come to Christ for rest. Grant now your peace that passes understanding to guard heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Quiet the racing thoughts, steady the body, calm the heart, and bring sleep and breath and strength. Be the God of peace who will bruise the power of the enemy under foot, and lift this burden shortly by your grace. Provide for daily needs, open a way for work and provision, and surround this family with your care. Help this dear one to know you are near, that each of your children has your watchful care, and that your grace is present in this very hour.

Please do not carry this alone. Keep bringing these worries to God in prayer through Jesus, even in short simple prayers when words are hard. Stay close to Scripture, especially the promises of His peace and nearness, and let others walk with you. If you have a faithful pastor or mature believers near you, let them know how you are struggling so they can pray with you and check on you regularly. If these physical symptoms of panic continue, please also seek care from a trusted medical provider and counselor who shares your faith, so that both body and soul are cared for together.

The peace of God is steadfast because it does not depend on circumstances but on Christ who has reconciled us to the Father. That peace is the mother of many good things and the foundation for love and steady hope. May the Lord grant you to experience it more and more, day by day, as you look to Him. We will continue to pray that He touches you quickly with His comfort, sustains you in your work and finances, guards your son, and leads you into a quiet and peaceable life in godliness and honesty.

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Hi all, I'm feeling extremely anxious today. I have an anxiety disorder. It's evening where I live and tomorrow I have to take care of my son alone again. Could you please pray for peace and a good night sleep? I really appreciate it.
Replies
5
Views
207
I come to You today to lift up my oldest daughter and her husband, this transition to a new town has been so heavy on her heart, and the search for full-time work has been a difficult journey. I ask that our heavenly Father would ease her mind. Take away the harsh expectations she is placing on...
Replies
14
Views
331
Please pray for me to be healed of all anxiety & panic attacks completely & permanently I also ask prayer for a much safer place to live very soon where I feel comfortable & safe every day And I also ask in prayer for a Godly Companion to share my life with in Holy Matrimony & many Godly...
Replies
12
Views
487
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,134
Messages
16,784,650
Members
648,705
Latest member
Khiogate

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom