For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
—John 3:20-21 (KJV)
Truth is seen in what it does and whom it seeks. Let's live as children of light and seek after the Father who dwells in unapproachable and glorious light (1 Timothy 6:16) so we might be light to a world darkened by evil (Matthew 5:14-16). Let's not hide, play, or flirt with the darkness, but come to the light and receive the light of life (John 1:4, 8:12) as we live as light in our dark world (Philippians 2:15).
Father of the heavenly lights,* I ask you to correct me gently as I place myself, my imperfections, failures, and sins before you, bringing them into the light of your presence. Please forgive and cleanse me by the blood of Jesus so that I might be spotless and holy and blameless in your sight. O LORD, I don't just want to be forgiven; I want to be cleansed and made useful to you and your people. Please help me find my way to usefulness and be light to those trapped in darkness. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.
* James 1:17.
All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
Continue reading...
—John 3:20-21 (KJV)
Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Truth is seen in what it does and whom it seeks. Let's live as children of light and seek after the Father who dwells in unapproachable and glorious light (1 Timothy 6:16) so we might be light to a world darkened by evil (Matthew 5:14-16). Let's not hide, play, or flirt with the darkness, but come to the light and receive the light of life (John 1:4, 8:12) as we live as light in our dark world (Philippians 2:15).
My Prayer...
Father of the heavenly lights,* I ask you to correct me gently as I place myself, my imperfections, failures, and sins before you, bringing them into the light of your presence. Please forgive and cleanse me by the blood of Jesus so that I might be spotless and holy and blameless in your sight. O LORD, I don't just want to be forgiven; I want to be cleansed and made useful to you and your people. Please help me find my way to usefulness and be light to those trapped in darkness. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.
* James 1:17.
All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
Continue reading...
