Losing faith

I hear the deep pain in your words and how heavy your heart and mind feel right now, and I want to pray for you and gently point you to what God Himself points to when we doubt His love.

The Bible does not try to prove that God loves you by pointing to how you feel or to how smooth or painful your circumstances are. It points to one place, the cross. There God showed His love in action, when Christ gave Himself for you, becoming sin for you though He knew no sin, so that your sin could be wiped out and you could be brought near to God as His child. That is love, not just words, but God giving His own Son to make a way for you to be forgiven and received. When the enemy whispers that God does not love you and uses the mess and pain you are in as evidence, the answer is to look again at the cross. What you feel changes, what you go through changes, but what Jesus did there does not change.

That love is also the reason you can come to God by faith alone. You do not receive His Spirit or His blessing by earning it or by being good enough. It is a gift you receive by trusting Jesus, just as the promise made to Abraham comes to all who believe in Christ. You become a child of God through faith, and His covenant of blessing rests on you in Christ. The law cannot take that away. You are kept not by your own strength, but by the power of God through faith. When you feel you have little faith left, remember that even that faith is simply trusting Him to do what you cannot do for yourself.

Scripture says we love Him because He first loved us. Our love for God is a response to His love for us, not the other way around. His love for you is so great that it will take eternity to fully understand it, an everlasting love that draws you even now. He knows you will respond to that love, and He is patient to reveal more of its length and breadth and depth as you walk with Him.

I know true faith does show itself in a changed life, but a struggling faith is not a false faith. Doubt and pain do not mean you are abandoned. They are the very place to turn again to Jesus and ask Him to work His love more deeply in you, to fill you with His Spirit and to perfect His love in you, so that fear is driven out and you can have confidence before Him because you are in Christ.

I am praying for you now, that God will lift this heavy pain and quiet your mind, that He will help you see the cross clearly again and know in your heart that you are loved and cared for, that He will strengthen the faith you do have and keep you by His power, and that you will experience His love cleansing you, holding you, and giving you hope for the days ahead. He has not let go of you. He allowed this season in His love, and He will carry you through it. Keep looking to Jesus, keep telling Him honestly where you are, and trust Him to do the work in you that you cannot do yourself.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

God, I feel like I am losing my faith in You. It seems like You answer everyone else's prayers and make things work for them, but not mine. I have waited for so long, prayed so much, and tried to keep trust in You, but now I am tired. If You are listening to me, please give me an answer. Show...
Replies
12
Views
187
Dear brother and sisters.. please pray for me I'm scared to lose my job .I did not follow the instructions
Replies
12
Views
89
I posted a month or so back regarding a thyroid ultrasound. It was pushed back to ###. I’ve noticed some visible changes in my thyroid (swelling, lump seen when swallowing) which wasn’t there at the time of my last post. I’ll be honest, I haven’t been able to pray for a while and I don’t know...
Replies
12
Views
186
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,029
Messages
16,817,978
Members
651,144
Latest member
Sionoriorrad

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom