IN LOVING MEMORY

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Happy Birthday to my belated beloved "husband," and earthly father of my children.

In viewing this photograph, where I captured my late husband in prayer; I was reminded of its' journey. Among the things that my daughter was able to preserve, in the trunk of her car, during the valley of one of our darkest hours, unbeknownst even to her, was a box filled with photos and photo albums. I recalled the day she called me and told me how she had "dropped to the floor in tears" when she opened the box and discovered a lifetime full of family memories; that day, I cried like a baby too. Not just because the pictures had been saved, but more so because I knew what it meant to her to have them. I believe I've mentioned it before, my daughter was, and will, no doubt, always be, the quintessential "daddy's girl;" who, when recounting their relationship, often, lovingly refers to her dad by saying: "He was my homie."

In sharing this experience, I was also reminded of another situation, where following the death of my late "husband," God enabled me to be a blessing to others, through him. At the time of his death, I had been living in Atlanta for about a year. Now, as much as I love Atlanta, and anybody who has read any of my posts, knows that I do; even I can't explain it sometimes. Yet, one of the most heart wrenching things that, unfortunately, Atlanta is notorious for, is setting people's belongings out on the street when renters default on payment. Now, l have always tried to give according the following statute: Matthew 6: 3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth. I don't even like to write my name on offering and tithing envelopes. I believe, as long as God knows, that's good enough; because, whether purposeful or not, man sometimes uses the sacredness of, even our giving to show favoritism. Favoring one another in love is quite different from showing favoritism based on status. Nevertheless, it would break my heart so, to see families, in what had to be a very dark hour for them, having salt poured in their wounds, that some of the money my husband left, I dedicated to sometimes paying other peoples rent or storage. All it took was a money order or a cashier's from a nonprofit charity account. There was no fanfare, no media was there, I didn't need a trophy, no one ever even had to know my name. I simply applied the Nike slogan "Just Do It."

Sorry, I got a little off subject. Some might call me foolish, accuse me of bad stewardship, or even of squandering my money; but I just never understood how people to whom God has blessed with even a little, let alone much, could be so selfish.

I didn't just logon on to share my experience; I also stopped by to tell those of you who are walking through that valley today: "Be not dismayed, God is still in the blessing and restoration business. He is Jehova-jireh! Trust Him; He will take care of you."

Thank You God for your favor on my life in having blessed me with this kind, beautiful, and decent man who, would have been 67 years old today, not only touched my life; but, unawares to him, would touch so many others, as well. Amen.

Always loved, and never forgotten, RIP Wayne.

THANK YOU FOR THE LAMB
You are the miracle; be the blessing. Bless someone who can't bless you back.

~

Attachments

• IMG_20191015_100844.jpg
    IMG_20191015_100844.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 3
Happy Birthday to my belated beloved "husband," and earthly father of my children.

In viewing this photograph, where I captured my late husband in prayer; I was reminded of its' journey. Among the things that my daughter was able to preserve, in the trunk of her car, during the valley of one of our darkest hours, unbeknownst even to her, was a box filled with photos and photo albums. I recalled the day she called me and told me how she had "dropped to the floor in tears" when she opened the box and discovered a lifetime full of family memories; that day, I cried like a baby too. Not just because the pictures had been saved, but more so because I knew what it meant to her to have them. I believe I've mentioned it before, my daughter was, and will, no doubt, always be, the quintessential "daddy's girl;" who, when recounting their relationship, often, lovingly refers to her dad by saying: "He was my homie."

In sharing this experience, I was also reminded of another situation, where following the death of my late "husband," God enabled me to be a blessing to others, through him. At the time of his death, I had been living in Atlanta for about a year. Now, as much as I love Atlanta, and anybody who has read any of my posts, knows that I do; even I can't explain it sometimes. Yet, one of the most heart wrenching things that, unfortunately, Atlanta is notorious for, is setting people's belongings out on the street when renters default on payment. Now, l have always tried to give according the following statute: Matthew 6: 3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth. I don't even like to write my name on offering and tithing envelopes. I believe, as long as God knows, that's good enough; because, whether purposeful or not, man sometimes uses the sacredness of, even our giving to show favoritism. Favoring one another in love is quite different from showing favoritism based on status. Nevertheless, it would break my heart so, to see families, in what had to be a very dark hour for them, having salt poured in their wounds, that some of the money my husband left, I dedicated to sometimes paying other peoples rent or storage. All it took was a money order or a cashier's from a nonprofit charity account. There was no fanfare, no media was there, I didn't need a trophy, no one ever even had to know my name. I simply applied the Nike slogan "Just Do It."

Sorry, I got a little off subject. Some might call me foolish, accuse me of bad stewardship, or even of squandering my money; but I just never understood how people to whom God has blessed with even a little, let alone much, could be so selfish.

I didn't just logon on to share my experience; I also stopped by to tell those of you who are walking through that valley today: "Be not dismayed, God is still in the blessing and restoration business. He is Jehova-jireh! Trust Him; He will take care of you."

Thank You God for your favor on my life in having blessed me with this kind, beautiful, and decent man who, would have been 67 years old today, not only touched my life; but, unawares to him, would touch so many others, as well. Amen.

Always loved, and never forgotten, RIP Wayne.

THANK YOU FOR THE LAMB
You are the miracle; be the blessing. Bless someone who can't bless you back.

~
May he gentle soul rest in perfect peace in Jesus name. Amen

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armour of light.- Romans 13:12 New International Version - UK I was so excited to put on my new for the first time, but after just a few hours I wanted to throw them away. My eyes ached and head throbbed from adjusting to the new...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am Joyce Adjeley Laryea,55 years of age from Aacra. I had a dream about 28 years ago and in the dream, I had a quarel with my elder brother's wife and fought with her in the dream and I beat her up to the ground. when she got up from the ground she told me that I will never have a husband...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Ain’t I Good To You—God! One day I was about to complain to God, but before I could even get the words out of my mouth, God spoke to my heart, “Ain't I Good To You!” That was all God had to say to me. Whatever I was about to complain to Him about, dissipated. He did not want me to even...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Judges 1–3,Luke 4:1–30 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. Mark 11:13 The barren and withered fig tree, representing an unfaithful nation soon to be overrun by its enemies, is a common Old Testament image (Isaiah 28:4; 34:4...
Replies
Views
father I thought that things could not be worse until yesterday. Two negative events happened that brought me to my knees again Father. The first one...when my son (A) came back at 1 am, he had taken a cab from the detention centre. He get s small Gov benefit each month that helps him purchase...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom