9 April 2024 - Clothed for Christ

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

Let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armour of light.- Romans 13:12 New International Version - UK

I was so excited to put on my new for the first time, but after just a few hours I wanted to throw them away. My eyes ached and head throbbed from adjusting to the new prescription. My ears were sore from the unfamiliar frames. The next day I groaned when I remembered I had to wear them. I had to repeatedly choose to use my each day in order for my body to adjust. It took several weeks, but after that, I hardly noticed I was wearing them.

This is a paid sponsor for this blog post.

Putting on something new requires an adjustment, but over time we grow into it, and it suits us better. We may even see things we didn’t see before. In Romans 13, the apostle Paul instructed Christ followers to “put on the armour of light” - Romans 13:12 - and practise right living. They had already believed in Jesus, but it seems they had fallen into “slumber” and become complacent; they needed to “wake up” and take action, behave decently and let go of all sin (verses 11-12). Paul encouraged them to be clothed with Jesus and become more like Him in their thoughts and deeds (verse 14).

We don’t begin to reflect the loving, gentle, kind, grace-filled and faithful ways of Jesus overnight. It’s a long process of choosing to “put on the armour of light” every day, even when we don’t want to because it’s uncomfortable. Over time, God changes us for the better.

Reflection for this blog post: What does it look like to “put on” Jesus today? How does practising Christ-likeness become more comfortable over time?

Last edited:

Similar Requests

• Article
[They hear] the word, but the worries of this life . . . choke the word. (read Matthew 13:22) After burying a few seeds in a pot in my garden, I waited to see the results. Reading that the seeds would sprout within ten to fourteen days, I checked often as I watered the soil. Soon I saw a few...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Deuteronomy 30–31 , Mark 15:1–25 I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his Spirit on them! Numbers 11:29 When I joined a group of Christian children’s book authors who prayed for one another and helped spread the word about each other’s...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Exodus 14–15,Matthew 17 People look at the outside appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. - 1 Samuel 16:7 Many years ago, Julie Landsman auditioned to be the principal French hornist for a prominent opera orchestra. The orchestra held their auditions behind a screen to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Leviticus 11–12 , Matthew 26:1–25 I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name. - 2 Samuel 22:50 Throughout her historic seventy years as Britain’s ruler, Queen Elizabeth II only endorsed only one biography about her life with a personal...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Genesis 43–45 , Matthew 12:24–50 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15 On Charley and Jan’s fiftieth wedding anniversary, they shared breakfast at a café with their son Jon. That day, the restaurant was understaffed with just a...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom