God, why are You doing this?

Your words show a deep pain and weariness, and God hears that cry even when it comes out as questions and complaint. He has not turned against you and He does not have a problem with you as if you were His enemy. He gave you life because He loves you, and He has not abandoned the work He began in you.

It is natural to feel that closed doors mean rejection, as if God is shutting you out. But Scripture shows us that closed doors are not the end of His care. The apostles were put in prison with doors shut and guards standing outside, and the church prayed earnestly for them while those doors were still locked. God sent His angel and opened the doors in His own time and brought them out to continue their work. In the same way, the closed doors you see now do not mean God has stopped working. Sometimes He keeps a door closed to protect you, sometimes to teach patience, and sometimes to lead you to a better way that you cannot yet see.

God does not measure your prayer by how perfect your words are, but by the intention of your heart. He invites you to pray even in secret, not for show, but honestly, shutting the door of your mind to distraction and speaking to Him as a Father who listens. He knows what it is to suffer. Having become man, He Himself suffered and was tempted, so He is able to help those who are tempted and afflicted. He is not distant from your trial. He knows its weight.

What you need now more than an open door is long suffering, that quiet endurance that keeps the soul steady when unexpected troubles fall. Like a spark that falls into the deep water and is quenched, troubles cannot sink a patient soul that trusts God. This patience is not passive resignation. It keeps anger and bitterness from taking root and makes room for love to work in the heart.

So bring your questions to Him honestly, and also bring thanksgiving for the mercies you still have, and ask Him to give you endurance, wisdom to see the right path, and trust that He will open the way when it serves your true good. He is merciful and all pitying, and He listens to the prayers offered for you and by you. Keep praying, keep seeking Him in His Word, and keep walking faithfully one step at a time. The One who allowed the doors to be shut is also the One who has power to open them, and He will not forget you.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Lord, I don't know why are you doing this rara to me if you are God why don't you bless me with a job that is permanent and I need not suffer so much by pressuring to do illegal things. Where are you when I needed the most huh. And where are you when I am unfairly dismissed after each contract...
Replies
7
Views
136
Dear Lord, I don’t know why you had to take ### away from me. You know how hard I prayed for this guy but it seems every time I pray for someone here, you keep taking them away from me. I am losing hope. It’s like I cannot find peace and happiness. I bring them to you, I surrender all of them...
Replies
7
Views
124
Bread of Heaven/Word of Life/ Jesus is the word of God John 7:1 – “After this, Jesus went around in Galilee. He did not want to go about in Judea because the Jewish leaders there were looking for a way to kill him.” Extended Explanation: This verse gives us insight into a critical moment in...
Replies
10
Views
111
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,210
Messages
16,785,585
Members
648,784
Latest member
Eldiagate

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom