Forgiveness Allows Love to Roll-on!

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

When do we forgive? Who do we forgive? The new testament makes it clear in Matthew 6:14-15.
We must forgive all who trespass against you. No exception. We must pray for those who persecute us. This may takes a great deal of effort on our part but we must. We have no choice for we are disciples of Jesus.

Wisdom
There lies a fundamental difference between a person who selfishly trespassed against you and one who inadvertently trespassed against you. First you must forgive both. Again Christians are instructed to do so. However a person who deliberately committed (emphasis on deliberately ) an infraction against you is not working out from the New Testament. He or she is being governed by the reward and punishment system (blessing and curses). His/her willful act of disobedience against you requires that you forgive him but you must also be wise and remain vigilant towards the offender. Trust will need to be restored. During this period of trust-building you must not transgress the offender at anytime.You must love your enemies (Matth 5:43).

Now someone who is immerse in Divine Altruistic Love (agape) is working from his/her heart. It is still possible to offend someone but it was not intentional or malicious. You forgive such a person and the slate is clean. The relationship continues as it was before the offence.

Imagine walking down a busy street and a person deliberately bumps into you. You must forgive him and hold your peace but you will be careful walking by the offender the next time. Trust has to be restored. You dont hate him or curse him.You have forgiven the person. Now imagine the same incident takes place but the person who bumped into you did not intend to do so. He apologies and you forgive him and will probably never remember the incident.
Forgiveness allows Love to roll-on!

In God's Love
Colin

Last edited:
My convenant keeping God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob may you help me to forgive. I am finding it difficult, I was heart to the extend that my nephew wanted me to loose my job and be arrested for something which I have not done.

You were there for me my Lord, I am still at work. I praise you. Help me Lord. In Jesus name. Amen.

My convenant keeping God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob may you help me to forgive. I am finding it difficult, I was heart to the extend that my nephew wanted me to loose my job and be arrested for something which I have not done.

You were there for me my Lord, I am still at work. I praise you. Help me Lord. In Jesus name. Amen.
Heavenly Father, I pray that you will comfort Tukarryn and bring order and peace in his life in Jesus' name I pray.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
When do we forgive? Who do we forgive? The new testament makes it clear in Matthew 6:14-15.
We must forgive all who trespass against you. No exception. We must pray for those who persecute us. This may takes a great deal of effort on our part but we must. We have no choice for we are disciples of Jesus.

Wisdom
There lies a fundamental difference between a person who selfishly trespassed against you and one who inadvertently trespassed against you. First you must forgive both. Again Christians are instructed to do so. However a person who deliberately committed (emphasis on deliberately ) an infraction against you is not working out from the New Testament. He or she is being governed by the reward and punishment system (blessing and curses). His/her willful act of disobedience against you requires that you forgive him but you must also be wise and remain vigilant towards the offender. Trust will need to be restored. During this period of trust-building you must not transgress the offender at anytime.You must love your enemies (Matth 5:43).

Now someone who is immerse in Divine Altruistic Love (agape) is working from his/her heart. It is still possible to offend someone but it was not intentional or malicious. You forgive such a person and the slate is clean. The relationship continues as it was before the offence.

Imagine walking down a busy street and a person deliberately bumps into you. You must forgive him and hold your peace but you will be careful walking by the offender the next time. Trust has to be restored. You dont hate him or curse him.You have forgiven the person. Now imagine the same incident takes place but the person who bumped into you did not intend to do so. He apologies and you forgive him and will probably never remember the incident.
Forgiveness allows Love to roll-on!

In God's Love
Colin
Collin, I had this question within me the whole day. My initial question is about one particular person who keeps offending you for no offence at all. You forgive that person but still finds another way of coming at you with all sorts of provocations.

Collin, I had this question within me the whole day. My initial question is about one particular person who keeps offending you for no offence at all. You forgive that person but still finds another way of coming at you with all sorts of provocations.
Ixoniss, first of all forgive me for not answering promptly. My email on this site is disabled and I can't fix it. So I may miss a message or two from our brothers or sisters.
Forgiveness is a must as a Christian but forgiveness does not negate consequences when the transgressor's intent was deliberately harmful. So in your situation if this person deliberately offends you, you forgive him/her but you try to educate this person with love. Let this person know that their action is inappropriate. Be as wise as a serpent. You don't have to subject yourself to their negative action. You just can't hate him/her for it.
Keep Love rolling.

Similar Requests

• Article
I had a burden for all of them, like fans coming out of nowhere, they show up and tells you things that only Jesus knows what is going on in their life. Some are lonely living in a remote area, while others are living in a crowded city where no one cares or speaks to them. Some a wealthy, some...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Too much anger, too much hate, too much destruction, too many enemies we make when we do not have Jesus in our heart. Satan want us all destroyed, unhappy, unjoyful, without peace and joy in our hearts. Maybe we have forgotten to read Gods word to all of us.... Love one another as I have...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The Stoning Of Stephen I cried, I grieved, and I pondered his story ALL day, and now it seems to be an everyday thing. But I don't understand why I wept ALL day. I didn't even know Stephen. His story seemed to be very short, yet, I mourned him. But Stephen SAW the heavens opened up, he SAW the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
To be a fruit bearing tree, we must fully surrender our whole lives to Him. We thank and praise Him. We teach people to be saved and baptized in water. We must ask Father in Jesus name to be forgiven of sins known and unknown. Ask Him to forgive the sins...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Leviticus 1–3 , Matthew 24:1–28 We prayed to our God and posted a guard day and night to meet this threat. - Nehemiah 4:9 When Wallace and Mary Brown moved to an impoverished part of Birmingham, England, to pastor a dying church, they didn’t know that a gang had made the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom