The Stoning Of Stephen I cried, I grieved, ...

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

The Stoning Of Stephen

I cried, I grieved, and I pondered his story ALL day, and now it seems to be an everyday thing. But I don't understand why I wept ALL day. I didn't even know Stephen. His story seemed to be very short, yet, I mourned him. But Stephen SAW the heavens opened up, he SAW the glory of God and he SAW The Son of Man standing on the right hand Of God. It Was Alright Now, he was Going up Yonder, he was going to Walk That Milky White Way, he knew it was Soon and Very Soon, he knew It Is Well. Through It All, he knew he was Safe In His Arms, he had Surrendered It All, he Bowed Down On His Knees And Cried Holy for it was now, O' Happy Day for him.

So, why did I weep? Why did I grieved ALL day? For an unknown man. In my humanness, I felt the agony of his excruciating pain. In my "mind's eyes," I saw the whole event as it unfolded, as if it was live and in color. As if it was a movie being made. I believed that's why I wept, why I grieved ALL day.

For some of us, like Nancy, who had suffered from various untrue rumours, ridicule, rejections, or whatever afflictions we may incur for they are varied, we should remember Stephen's Final Words, "Lord, lay not this sin to their charge." Acts chapter 7 verses 54 to 60 in particular, KJV. It takes a special person, a good person, a God-fearing person, I BELIEVE, to be able to utter Stephen's Final Words to our haters, those who persecute us. But we MUST.

LET EVERYTHING THAT HAS BREATH PRAISE THE LORD!

The Stoning Of Stephen

I cried, I grieved, and I pondered his story ALL day, and now it seems to be an everyday thing. But I don't understand why I wept ALL day. I didn't even know Stephen. His story seemed to be very short, yet, I mourned him. But Stephen SAW the heavens opened up, he SAW the glory of God and he SAW The Son of Man standing on the right hand Of God. It Was Alright Now, he was Going up Yonder, he was going to Walk That Milky White Way, he knew it was Soon and Very Soon, he knew It Is Well. Through It All, he knew he was Safe In His Arms, he had Surrendered It All, he Bowed Down On His Knees And Cried Holy for it was now, O' Happy Day for him.

So, why did I weep? Why did I grieved ALL day? For an unknown man. In my humanness, I felt the agony of his excruciating pain. In my "mind's eyes," I saw the whole event as it unfolded, as if it was live and in color. As if it was a movie being made. I believed that's why I wept, why I grieved ALL day.

For some of us, like Nancy, who had suffered from various untrue rumours, ridicule, rejections, or whatever afflictions we may incur for they are varied, we should remember Stephen's Final Words, "Lord, lay not this sin to their charge." Acts chapter 7 verses 54 to 60 in particular, KJV. It takes a special person, a good person, a God-fearing person, I BELIEVE, to be able to utter Stephen's Final Words to our haters, those who persecute us. But we MUST.

LET EVERYTHING THAT HAS BREATH PRAISE THE LORD!
Gods word touches our heart and soul. Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit of God saw heaven opened before him being stoned to death. God was preparing a place in heaven for him, angels in glory welcomed Him, so, let us all hope and pray and walk daily with Jesus so we too, will enter His glorious presence in heaven.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
The real Christmas story is the story of God’s becoming a human being in the Person of Jesus Christ. Why did God do such a thing? Because He loves us! Why was Christmas necessary? Because we needed a Savior! Why does God love us so much? Because He is love itself (1 John 4:8). Why do we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One day while Jane was in her room she got a text from Mary asking her for the funds she had loan her. Jane replied reminding Mary of her promise, that when she had the funds she would repay her. Now a few days before Jane got the text from Mary, she had helped a friend who was in dire need, and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Our dear Savior and Lord wept before Lazarus dead body and then calling life unto Him. Lazarus come forth. Life came back to Him and there were wonders to see. A heart of thankfulness and joy in the hearts of those who loved him. Then Jesus wept again before Jerusalem, full of pain and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
It was not a good day, threats of war, and the hope of peace seemed dismal, at least for now. The enemy was knocking at the gate threatening to inflict war if their demands were not met. Reminding Hezekiah that he and his army were no match for their powerhouse army as they had defeated other...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When Nancy woke up the Sun was shining in her room so she went to the window and pushed it open. As she did so, a light breeze rushed in and ruffled her hair. She closed the window, sat on her bed, and just as she was about to get ready to take a shower her phone beeped. She checked the text and...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom