Thank you for giving us the privilege to pray on your behalf. We are glad that you asked us to stand in agreement with you in prayer concerning your ex and the confusion and hurt his recent contact brought back.

We have continued to lift you up before the Lord. We have been praying for your healing from the confusion and harm caused by that emotionally and psychologically abusive relationship and from his manipulative words when he contacted you again. We have asked God to heal your heart and mind and to restore your peace as it says in Psalm 147:3 that He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds, and in Psalm 34:18 that the Lord is close to the brokenhearted.

We have also prayed for wisdom and strength as you obey the Lord regarding being unequally yoked as taught in 2 Cor 6:14. We thank God for your honest and repentant heart in recognizing that dating him was out of disobedience and for your desire to honor Him now. We have asked the Lord to affirm your discernment that cutting off contact is the best and most biblical boundary to protect you, even as you desired to end things amicably and to be there for him and to witness to him. We pray God gives you grace to maintain that boundary without guilt and to find your comfort in Him alone. If you need wisdom for that decision we claim James 1:5 that God gives wisdom generously to those who ask.

We continue to pray for your ex as you requested. We bring his emotional and behavioral struggles and his cancer before the Lord and we pray in Jesus Name for his health and above all for his salvation, that the Lord would open his ears that were closed to your witness and draw him to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.

We pray together now, Father we thank You for our sister and for her desire to walk in obedience. We ask You to wash away all confusion and to guard her heart and mind in Christ Jesus, to heal her from the effects of abuse and manipulation, and to give her strength to keep godly boundaries. Comfort her and lead her in Your peace. We also lift this man to You and ask for Your mercy upon him physically and spiritually, that he would come to know You as Savior. We pray in Jesus Name, amen.

If the Lord has since given you peace, clarity, and freedom from further contact, please post a praise report and let us all know so we can rejoice with you. If you are still wrestling with confusion, hurt, or temptation to reengage, or if he has continued to contact you and you need ongoing strength, please post it again as a new request and allow us to continue with you in prayer. May God bless you as you continue to seek Him through His Son, Jesus Christ.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

My ex who I have posted about before that I broke up with because we are unequally yoked (he's not a Christian and I knew he wasn't when we started dating but I was being rebellious and did it anyway) randomly contacted me last night after not speaking to me for a month or so when I broke up...
Replies
9
Views
65
I posted a few hours ago about how my ex randomly texted me after not speaking to me for over a month after we broke up. He has confirmed that he has cancer. He was in the beginning stages of getting diagnosed when we broke up. Please pray for him. Thank you.
Replies
13
Views
82
Please pray that I would totally get over my ex who I cannot be with due to us being unequally yoked. He is not a Christian. I don't even want to think about him anymore. Please pray that I would not. Pray goodness and blessings and salvation for him and his loved ones, but please pray that I...
Replies
10
Views
119
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,699
Messages
16,814,125
Members
650,962
Latest member
Dwioraurwick

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom