Christian Love

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Scripture: Romans 8:38-39: For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I received an email yesterday questioning our Love as Christians in a very divided society. The issue was that we as Christians are to Love our enemies. I am not sure I am qualified to address this issue; but, I am going to give it a try. The New Testament writers operated under the recognition that Christianity would be a rejected counter-culture. The values of the Kingdom are not the values of the majority of people. Because many of us live in a watered-down, pseudo-Christian culture (not genuine, fake, artificial, bogus, phony), we are sometimes surprised when Christians are ridiculed, ostracized, and persecuted.

“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.” (1 Corinthians 13:4-8 ESV) We always turn to God’s Word to find answers realizing no matter how we define love, our definition often seems to be lacking. We may have trouble defining it, explaining it, and even finding it, but we know deep down inside that we need it. That’s how Jesus walked, that’s how Jesus lived. He allowed Himself to be humiliated, mocked, and ridiculed all for our good. Paul realized a simple yet powerful truth: when we know Jesus, our pride should evaporate.

There is no room for arrogance when we have met Jesus. Paul didn’t need to use impressive words or flex his vocabulary, he needed to proclaim nothing but “Jesus Christ and him crucified.” Notice that he does not give a dictionary definition but instead, a description of love displayed. The love Paul describes are life styles:-Giving over getting-Commitment over feelings-The long haul over the short term. The scripture is clear. We can see this love displayed in patience, kindness, humility, forgiveness, integrity, and ongoing perseverance. This kind of love survives and stands the tests of time and tribulations. Biblical love is a commitment to seek God’s best interests in others. “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”Romans 8:38-39 Have a blessed day!

Prayer:
Father, help me understand your love more fully. Give me strength to overcome the doubts Satan has tried to plant in my heart. Bless me with your gracious power and transform me out of my own weakness into a useful tool for your service. Help me to be a person who brings your blessings to others. May that be true in my casual encounters with others during the day. May it be true of those with whom I share my faith. May it also be true when I find myself under attack for my faith. May my life always reflect the generous grace and the committed character of my Savior, Jesus. Keep my eyes fixed on the Lord whose hand will not let the waves claim me nor let my own doubts destroy me. In Jesus' mighty name I pray. Amen.

🗝This was sent to me by Brother John Gosselink

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

Lord Create in my son Chris a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within him (Psalm 51:10). Though you have made Chris see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore Chris's life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring Chris up. You will increase Chris's honor and...
Replies
Views
Lord Create in my son Anthony a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within him (Psalm 51:10). Though you have made Anthony see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore Anthony's life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring Anthony up. You will increase Anthony's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. —Romans 8:38-39 (KJV)...
Replies
Views
  • Article
O Houston, I'm not your enemy. Careful, in trying to curse me, you are in fact cursing yourselves. I am neither Joshua nor Ai; neither am I a troublemaker (that's what the Pharisees called Jesus, nor am I an accursed thing. God neither hears nor answers the prayers of the accursed. Mine is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Are you prefering knowledge over Gods love and mercy? Are you prefering your own intelligence over Gods love and mercy? Are you prefering your own status/prominence over Gods love and mercy? Are you prefering DOCTRINES over Gods love and mercy? Are you prefering BEING RIGHT over Gods love and...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom