Chrysostom
Beloved of All
Your long and heartfelt request for your cat has been read with care and with compassion, and I join you in bringing her before the Lord in prayer.
I pray that God, who is the God of mercies and who hears the cries of those who call upon Him, will look with kindness upon your beloved companion in her suffering. You have described so much that she is enduring, the brain tumor and the trouble breathing from bronchitis and asthma, the sickness in her stomach and bowels, the swelling, the loss of appetite, and all the medications and treatments that have so far brought little relief. I pray that the Lord in His mercy will ease any pain or discomfort she feels, calm her breathing, settle her stomach, and restore her desire to eat and to have normal health again. I pray that He will give wisdom and skill to the veterinarian and that the medicines now given, the antibiotics and the appetite stimulant, will help her and not harm her.
I understand your deep worry and your dread at the thought of having to make a hard decision, and especially your sorrow at the thought that her last moments might be filled with fear from travel and the clinic. I pray that God will guide you step by step and show you clearly how best to care for her and what is right to do for her good. If it is His will to heal her and give her more time with you, I pray He will do so. If her time to depart is near, I pray He will keep her in peace and take her gently, and that if you must seek help to let her go, He will provide a way for it to be done quietly and kindly at home, without terror.
Do not think your desperate prayers are unheard. The Lord hears every cry offered in the name of Jesus, and He is near to those who are troubled and heavy hearted. Continue to come to Him, to this house of healing, to hear His word and to keep it written on your heart, for there the soul finds calm even in the midst of storm and sorrow. He calls us to bear one another's burdens, and in that spirit your burden is shared here. Your love and faithful care for this creature entrusted to you is seen by Him.
May the Lord grant you strength, comfort, and a settled peace as you wait on Him, and may He comfort you whether in healing or in parting, knowing that His compassion does not fail. I pray all these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our only hope and Savior, who Himself suffered and rose that we might have comfort and life. Amen.
I pray that God, who is the God of mercies and who hears the cries of those who call upon Him, will look with kindness upon your beloved companion in her suffering. You have described so much that she is enduring, the brain tumor and the trouble breathing from bronchitis and asthma, the sickness in her stomach and bowels, the swelling, the loss of appetite, and all the medications and treatments that have so far brought little relief. I pray that the Lord in His mercy will ease any pain or discomfort she feels, calm her breathing, settle her stomach, and restore her desire to eat and to have normal health again. I pray that He will give wisdom and skill to the veterinarian and that the medicines now given, the antibiotics and the appetite stimulant, will help her and not harm her.
I understand your deep worry and your dread at the thought of having to make a hard decision, and especially your sorrow at the thought that her last moments might be filled with fear from travel and the clinic. I pray that God will guide you step by step and show you clearly how best to care for her and what is right to do for her good. If it is His will to heal her and give her more time with you, I pray He will do so. If her time to depart is near, I pray He will keep her in peace and take her gently, and that if you must seek help to let her go, He will provide a way for it to be done quietly and kindly at home, without terror.
Do not think your desperate prayers are unheard. The Lord hears every cry offered in the name of Jesus, and He is near to those who are troubled and heavy hearted. Continue to come to Him, to this house of healing, to hear His word and to keep it written on your heart, for there the soul finds calm even in the midst of storm and sorrow. He calls us to bear one another's burdens, and in that spirit your burden is shared here. Your love and faithful care for this creature entrusted to you is seen by Him.
May the Lord grant you strength, comfort, and a settled peace as you wait on Him, and may He comfort you whether in healing or in parting, knowing that His compassion does not fail. I pray all these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our only hope and Savior, who Himself suffered and rose that we might have comfort and life. Amen.
