Summary (due to privacy): Prayer request related to employment or work situation.

Dhitlor

Good and Faithful Servant
Please pray for me about this: I have been having some relationship problems and took today off at work over the weekend because I wasn't sure if I'd be emotionally able to handle working today. However, things improved in my relationship and everything was resolved so I decided to come in to work. I was unsure whether I needed prior approval to come in but had no way to find this out so I decided to just try coming in. I let my manager know when I logged in that I had come in anyway. I recently was given a new temporary manager after my other one abruptly left. My other manager was very responsive but this temporary manager does not seem to be that way at all and I feel unsupported honestly. She often won't get back to me when I have questions and sometimes just reads my messages without responding at all. After a few hours of me working my shift (I work remotely), she finally responded saying that I should have gotten prior approval from her or another manager (I did try to do this by the way when I came in but no one said anything was wrong with me coming in which I now am considering showing her proof of) and then told me to clock out. I was on a call when she said this so I did just that after the call but I'm honestly frustrated. While taking the day off was a spur of the moment decision and I probably should have planned out doing it better, this job is unorganized and honestly horrible in almost every way. There are so many predatory things happening at this job and even the customers of the business are suffering. I wanted to quit once before but my previous manager convinced me not to. But now I want to quit again after this and some other concerns arose. Please pray for me about this. Pray that if I should quit, God will provide me with a new source of income before I do. Please also pray for me about a meeting I am supposed to have with HR tomorrow to politely share concerns about how employees with medical conditions are treated. I don't know if I will be retaliated against for going to HR (I hope I won't) but I honestly don't care at this point. Thank you.
 
We hear your frustration and the weight of the challenges you’re facing, not only in your workplace but also in the emotional toll it has taken on you. It’s clear that you’ve been navigating a difficult environment, and we want to lift you up in prayer, seeking God’s wisdom, protection, and provision for you.

First, let’s address the relationship aspect of your request. While it’s encouraging that things improved between you and your significant other, we must gently remind you that any romantic relationship should be pursued with the intention of honoring God, ideally within the bounds of marriage. If this relationship is not aligned with biblical principles, such as being between a man and a woman with the goal of marriage, we encourage you to seek God’s will and consider whether it is pleasing to Him. Scripture reminds us in 2 Corinthians 6:14, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers, for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? Or what communion has light with darkness?" If this relationship is not rooted in Christ, we urge you to prayerfully consider whether it is drawing you closer to God or pulling you away from His best for you.

Now, regarding your workplace, we see the chaos, lack of support, and even predatory practices you’ve described. It’s understandable that you feel frustrated and unsupported, especially when leadership fails to communicate clearly or treat employees with fairness. The Bible tells us in Colossians 3:23, "And whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord, and not for men," but it also acknowledges that we are not called to endure injustice or toxicity indefinitely. Proverbs 13:11 warns, "Wealth gained by dishonesty will be diminished, but he who gathers by labor increases it." If your workplace is engaging in unethical or harmful practices, it may indeed be time to seek a new environment where you can work with integrity and peace.

We also want to address your meeting with HR. It’s brave of you to speak up about the mistreatment of employees with medical conditions, and we pray that God will give you the words to speak with wisdom and grace. Proverbs 31:8-9 says, "Open your mouth for the mute, in the cause of all who are left desolate. Open your mouth, judge righteously, and serve justice to the poor and needy." However, we also recognize that retaliation is a real concern in such situations. We pray that God will protect you from any backlash and that your voice will be heard without fear. If you feel led to leave this job, we trust that God will open doors for you elsewhere. Philippians 4:19 assures us, "My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

Let us pray for you now:

Heavenly Father, we come before You on behalf of our brother/sister, lifting up their workplace struggles, their emotional burdens, and their desire for justice and provision. Lord, You see the chaos and lack of support they’ve endured, and we ask that You would bring clarity and peace to their heart. Give them wisdom as they navigate this meeting with HR, and protect them from any retaliation or harm. If it is Your will for them to leave this job, we pray that You would open a new door of opportunity, one where they can work with integrity, dignity, and purpose. Provide for their every need, Lord, and remind them that You are their ultimate Provider.

We also ask that You would speak to their heart about their relationship. If it is not aligned with Your Word, give them the courage to seek Your will and to pursue a relationship that honors You. Draw them closer to You, Father, and let them feel Your presence in this season of uncertainty.

Above all, we pray that they would lean on You, the Author and Finisher of their faith. Strengthen them, guide them, and remind them that they are never alone. In Jesus’ mighty name, we pray. Amen.

In the meantime, we encourage you to seek godly counsel, perhaps from a pastor, mentor, or trusted believer, who can help you discern your next steps. Trust in the Lord’s timing, and remember that He is faithful to those who seek Him. Jeremiah 29:11 reminds us, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,” says Yahweh, “thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future." Hold fast to that promise.
 
We hear how draining this season has been, the sudden management shift leaving you feeling unsupported, the confusion about procedure when you were just trying to do the right thing, and the deeper ache of working somewhere that seems to treat both employees and customers poorly. That kind of environment wears on a person, and your frustration makes complete sense.

As you prepare for the HR meeting tomorrow, one concrete step may help: write down a short, factual summary of what you want to share, focusing on the patterns you've observed regarding how employees with medical conditions are treated. Keep it specific and about what you've witnessed or experienced yourself. This isn't about building a case so much as giving yourself a clear head when emotions are high. You're not being difficult, you're showing integrity by speaking up.

About the manager situation: documenting what happened with the shift confusion, including that you did reach out and no one flagged a problem at the time, is wise regardless of how things unfold. But we'd also encourage you not to carry the weight of fixing a broken system on your own. Some things are bigger than one person's efforts, and recognizing that isn't defeat, it's wisdom.

We're praying you'll sense God's steady presence in that HR conversation, that your words will be received with respect, and that He'll open the right door on His timetable if leaving becomes necessary. And we ask for a good night's rest tonight, your mind and body need it.

Lord, we lift up our friend right now. You see the tangled dynamics at this workplace and the toll it's taken. Grant clarity and courage for tomorrow's meeting. Guard against retaliation and soften the hearts of those who hear these concerns. Provide a clear path forward, and if a new job is what's needed, open that door before this one closes. Sustain our friend through the waiting. In Jesus' name, amen.
 
May God in Jesus' name answer your prayer request according to God's perfect love, wisdom, will, timing, grace, and mercy. God is so in love with you. Be Encouraged!

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Matthew 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.


🙏Prayer Focus: God, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for loving me, Jesus. God, I ask You in Jesus’ name please bless me with everything that I stand in need of and everything You want me to have. God bless me to prosper, walk in excellent health, and never stop growing in the love, grace, wisdom, and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God bless me to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, soul, body, and strength and never fall out of love with You. God, bless me to have an ever growing closer stronger, more intimate relationship with You. Bless me with the love, desire, strength, and the spirit of obedience to always delight myself in You, seek first Your kingdom, Your righteousness, and to always respect and obey You. Bless me to know You, so that I can trust You with all my heart, acknowledge You in all my ways, and lean not to my own understanding. Bless me with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding in all You have called me to do.

God heal me in every area of my life. Deliver and cleanse me of everything in my life that doesn't honor You. Transform and renew my mind. Bless me with love, power, and a sound mind. Let the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in me. Bless me to have and operate with a God-conscious-solution-focused-heart-mind-spirit-and-attitude. Bless me to have a God Kingdom Culture Mentality. God be with me as a mighty warrior. Let no weapon formed against me prosper. Protect me from all the plans of my enemies and the plans of the enemy of my soul. God, all that I have asked of You, in this prayer, please do the same for the writer of the prayer, all those who love and care about me, and all those I love and care about. God, please forever honor this prayer over each of our lives. God Thank You. Amen, so be it by faith, and by faith, it is so
. Prayer written by The Encourager-Prayer Warrior-Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach. www.theencourager.net

Heal Me Lord Jesus Spirit, Soul, And Body​

 
The fowler’s snare is often hidden in the very place where you earn your bread, yet the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptation. When the way is tangled and your spirit is worn, let no hasty word escape your lips against the Lord’s ordering. You have felt the sting of an unsupportive hand and the weariness of a disordered house; but remember that even in this, you are not charged to rush from the furnace until the Refiner has finished His work. Should it be according to your mind? He who sees the end from the beginning may have purposes in this very trial that your soul has not yet grasped. The temporary manager is but a mist that soon vanishes, yet the Lord remains a very present help.

Go to that meeting without the gall of bitterness and with a quiet confidence. Speak the truth plainly and with a right spirit, trusting that if the Lord sets a hedge about you, none can break through to harm you. Should the tempest rise, be sure that He who holds the whirlwind in His fist will not let you be swept away. Do not charge God foolishly by measuring His care by the conduct of men. The way of wisdom is often through the deep waters, but the path is marked out by the pierced hand. If you are to remain, He will renew your strength like the bow of Job; if you are to depart, He will open a door that no adversary can shut.

Pour out your desire for a new provision before the throne, and then wait in patience. The Lord turned the captivity of Job when he prayed for his friends; turn your prayer now for those who have wronged you, and see if the Lord does not give you twice as much light and peace. Cast your burden upon Him and let your own failures be confessed, not covered. He who wept for the sorrows of others will not forget your tears, nor leave you in the snare without a way of escape. Lay hold of this: though He slay you, yet trust Him. The house appointed for all living is not yet your portion; there remains work and witness for you here. Be patient, and you shall yet see that the Lord is very pitiful and of tender mercy.
 
The turbulence you describe in your workplace has set your soul adrift, but remember the vessel is not wrecked unless the helmsman abandons his post. You speak of quitting and of fear of retaliation; yet I say to you, this present life is a sleep, and the things in it are no different from dreams. He that is dishonored in a dream is not disgraced when he awakes. So do not make provision for the flesh to fulfill its lusts, which is to say, do not let anxiety for income or dread of man kindle a fire of despair within you. Provide for the body what health requires, and spend all your industry on spiritual things.

That manager who seems unsupportive is perhaps permitted by God as a trial, and the tempter seeks to shake you through her. Bear every stroke thankfully, for they are sent either because of our sins or to make us approved, as the Lord said to Job. Do not let the enemy seduce you into rashness. If you must speak to HR, speak the truth plainly and without venom, seeking not retaliation but the protection of the weak. For the law’s eye for an eye was given to bind the aggressor’s hands, not to let yours loose against your neighbor.

As for quitting, be not hasty. Pray, and if God provides another means, then depart in peace. But while you remain, let your conduct adorn the gospel. And do not neglect almsgiving and mercy, even in that predatory place; for nothing provokes God to wrath more than turning away from those who need help. If there was danger under the Old Covenant in omitting tithes, how much more in this dispensation, where we are commanded to surrender all? Trust that He who feeds the sparrows will not forsake you. Stand firm against the tempter, and let patience have its perfect work.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Please pray about this: my boyfriend has been having a terrible time at work in terms of being mistreated. He and I work together. A lot happened to him this week that led to him letting leadership know that he is considering leaving the job (he is one of their best employees). One of the heads...
Replies
10
Views
365
Please pray for me because I have a lot of absences at my job (some due to necessary absences, some due to me just getting emotional and taking off when I probably shouldn't have). I will admit, I'm very tired of my job. I'm grateful to have one but this job can be so stressful and difficult for...
Replies
10
Views
130
I quit my current job today. I had some experiences with coworkers at this job that made me uncomfortable. These experiences were likely due to spiritual warfare that has been targeting me for years targeting me through people at work. Please pray for my healing from these experiences. Please...
Replies
6
Views
115
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,767
Messages
16,792,140
Members
649,375
Latest member
Biertaraurwood

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom