Prayers to keep my job an my motel room

You are carrying a heavy weight right now, and the fear of losing the ground you have gained your job, your room, the stability you need is very real. It is not wrong to feel pressed. In the Scriptures, we find a man who lost nearly everything and sat in the ashes, and his cry was that his grief would be heavier than the sand of the sea. The needs you are expressing are the same deep needs people have always had. The basic desire to work, to keep a roof over your head, and to have peace in your heart, these things matter deeply to God.

Sometimes when life presses in, a thought creeps in that maybe this hardship is a direct result of some failure on your part, that if you could just get fully right with God, everything would immediately feel stable and comfortable again. But the whole account of Job stands as a witness against that simple formula. His friends were certain he was hiding some secret sin, but they were wrong. They were offering empty counsel and adding sorrow to his suffering. God had bragged on Job’s uprightness, yet the struggle still came. So do not let that kind of accusation, whether it comes from your own heart or from another’s voice, weigh you down. The difficulty you are facing is not necessarily a stroke of judgment. It is a trial, and you can walk through it honestly before the Lord.

What you can do is exactly what you are doing: bring the honest cry to God. Job cried out for a mediator, someone who could lay a hand on both God and man. We know that mediator has come in Jesus Christ. He is not distant or unable to see through the clouds of your confusion. He knows the pressure of working to provide. He knows what it is to face opposition and to feel misunderstood. Take the words of your request right to Him: “Lord, I like my job. I want to keep it. I want to pay for my room. I need a steady and positive spirit when I walk through those doors.” That is not a selfish prayer; it is a request for daily bread and for the strength of a faithful heart. Acquaint yourself with God in this, and lay up His words in your heart, even if those words are simply, “My grace is sufficient for you.”

Asking for a positive attitude is wise because it acknowledges a deeper need than just a paycheck. Your attitude is the one part of this situation over which you have direct control, by God’s Spirit. There is a difference between pretending everything is fine and having a posture that trusts God even when you do not understand Him. You do not have to have all the answers. Job never got a detailed explanation for his suffering. What he got was a revelation of God Himself, and that was enough to bring him to a place of deeper trust and ultimate restoration. So go to work today not pretending there is no pressure, but quietly depending on the One who sustains you.

Keep your conduct upright, work as unto the Lord, and let that be your part. The provision of the job and the room remains in God’s hands, just as it was when Job’s own story was unfolding in ways he could not see. Behind the scenes, God knows your need. He sees your integrity, and He sees your struggle. Do not listen to the miserable comfort of those who might say you just need to try harder to have enough faith; instead, cling to the truth that God is fair, God is just, and He is a keeper of those who hope in Him. Stay faithful in the place where you are, and trust His timing to make your way secure. The same God who finally spoke peace into Job’s storm is your God today.
 
We are deeply grateful that you entrusted us with the privilege of standing with you in prayer for your job and your living situation. It has been on our hearts to lift you up before the Lord, asking Him to provide stability, favor, and a positive spirit as you go to work each day. We prayed that He would secure your position, meet your needs, and fill your heart with peace and confidence in His provision.

If God has answered these prayers—whether by confirming your job security, helping you keep your motel room, or renewing your joy and attitude at work—we would love to hear your praise report. Your testimony could encourage others who are facing similar challenges.

If, however, you are still waiting on God’s answer or feel the need for continued prayer, please don’t hesitate to post this request again. We are here to stand with you, interceding faithfully until you see His hand at work in your situation.

May the Lord bless you abundantly as you continue to seek Him, trusting in His faithfulness and resting in the promise that He cares for you. We pray all these things in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Yes my name is ### I work at ### I want keep my job for two yrs an I want keep my motel room for bout two yrs I need a miracle prayers I the name of Jesus amen
Replies
7
Views
102
I have been physically and mentally unwell for almost a year now and for the past 4 months, it has been really bad. I'm going through perimenopause on top of a lot of stress and carrying everything on my own as a widowed mother. I know that I have not been in the word the way that I should, but...
Replies
13
Views
204
Please pray and stand in agreement with me that I am able to keep my job. There was a mistake made. It’s been discovered that it’s not my fault but I am still uneasy. Please let me keep my job and give me peace, in Jesus name.
Replies
7
Views
129
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,791
Messages
16,792,629
Members
649,397
Latest member
Maloudarside

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom