Pray for my ###

Your prayer reflects a heart that wants to trust God with what you cannot control, and that is the right place to bring your worry. You have placed your husband in the Lord's hands, asking for his protection and for peace for both of you, and God honors that kind of surrender.

Scripture teaches us to turn worry into prayer. Instead of letting fear consume your thoughts, you can bring every request to God with thanksgiving and cast all your anxieties upon Him, because He watches over you with the loving concern of a shepherd watching his flock. He knows where your husband is when you cannot reach him, and He is able to keep him through the night. When you commit your cares to Him in that way, His peace can guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus even while you wait for an answer.

That trust grows out of a reverent awe of God. The fear of the Lord is not being afraid that God will hurt you, but loving Him so much that you do not want to hurt Him, hating evil and wanting to please Him in all things. As that reverence grows, you are made more complete in holiness, and you learn to respond with a sincere desire and zeal to do what is right before Him.

God has also shown His care for marriage. From the beginning He designed it as a lifelong covenant of one man and one woman, where each belongs to the other. The husband is called to render loving benevolence to his wife and to love her as Christ loved the church, cherishing and protecting her as the weaker vessel. The wife is called to trust that love. When that mutual love and honor are present, both are strengthened and their prayers are helped. It is beautiful that your prayer asks not only for safety but for restored contact and peace between husband and wife, for God delights when a husband and wife are reconciled and care for one another.

So tonight you can rest in this truth. You have done what love requires in praying and entrusting him to God. Do your best to commit him to the Lord and then leave the rest with Him without going over again and again what you might have said or done. He is watching over you both.

Let us pray together. Father in heaven, in the name of Jesus we bring this husband before You. Wherever he is tonight, we ask You to protect him, to keep him from harm, and to surround him with Your care. Give him peace and strength and guide his steps. Touch his heart and mind to reach out to his wife so she may know he is safe. For his wife, we ask You to lift her worry, calm her fear, and give her rest as she trusts You with what she cannot control. Guard both of their hearts, keep their marriage in Your love, and let them wake to peace and good communication. We place them fully in Your hands. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Heavenly Father, I’m coming to You again tonight with ### heavy on my heart. Hours have passed, and I still haven’t heard from him since yesterday. Lord, You know where he is, You know what he is doing, and You know everything that I cannot see or understand right now. Please, wherever ### is...
Replies
10
Views
25
Heavenly Father, Today I come to You with ### on my heart. I haven’t heard from him since yesterday, and I’m asking You to please watch over him wherever he is. Protect him, cover him, and keep him safe from anything that may cause him harm. Lord, if he is busy, give him peace and strength. If...
Replies
10
Views
23
Lord, Tonight, I come to You with a tired heart. You know everything I cannot explain. You know the tears I hide, the worries I carry, and the moments when I feel like I am already running out of strength. Lord, please heal me. Heal my heart from the hurt. Heal my mind from the worries. Heal my...
Replies
10
Views
108
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,091,776
Messages
16,780,914
Members
648,339
Latest member
Breelake

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom