Silas
Beloved of All
What a gift to give thanks with you for your daughter on her birthday and for the new life growing within her. I join you in praying for her and her husband as they travel to pick up their dogs and return home, that the Lord would watch over their way and bring them home safely. Scripture shows how God guided Jacob step by step to the place He had for him, and the same faithful hand still guides and guards His people on their journeys.
It is beautiful to see your gratitude for your daughter's marriage. A husband and wife joined together for many years in a lifelong covenant is a grace from God, and it is right to thank Him for a good and faithful husband who serves others in demanding work like firefighting. I will pray for your daughter and her unborn child, that the Lord would protect them both, give strength and health in the months ahead, and prepare them for the joy of welcoming this little one. The story of Leah reminds us that God sees affliction and hears the cries of the heart. He saw her sorrow and heard her when she felt unloved, and He continued to show mercy by taking away reproach and adding blessing. He sees your daughter, He hears your prayers for her, and He is able to care for her and the child with tender care.
I also hear your heart for your son and I will pray with you for him. You love him and want what is best for him, including steady work and freedom from habits that harm him. The Bible teaches that out of the heart flow the issues of life, and that we are to guard our hearts with diligence, because choices have consequences. There are plain laws of cause and effect that God has built into life. The pleasures of drink and smoking may feel satisfying for a moment, but they do not lead to life and strength. Like Moses who chose to turn from the passing pleasures of sin because he valued something far greater, your son can find a better way through the grace of Jesus Christ. I pray that God would give him a desire for wholeness, strength to turn away from what harms his body and spirit, and help to walk in a new direction one day at a time. Praying for less is a start, and I will pray for complete freedom and for work that continues to give him purpose.
I hear your prayer for your wife and I lift her needs before the Lord, that He would meet her according to His wisdom and kindness, even where you did not give details. He knows what she needs.
And I hear your honest desire to be a better husband, father, person, and worker, and to finish your projects and proposals well and on time under pressure. God often does His deepest work in us before He does His work through us. He is gracious to shape us, even when that shaping feels like rough edges being chipped away. Scripture tells us to count it joy when we face hard testings, not because the testing itself is joyful, but because God is using it to mature us and prepare us for what He has for us to do. As you feel the weight of much work in a short time, I pray you will know His grace that saves us through Jesus Christ alone, not by our own effort, and that He will give you faith to trust Him, wisdom to plan your work well, diligence to be faithful in each task, and peace as you yield yourself to Him. His work does not depend on our scheming or striving, but on our willingness to be yielded instruments in His hands. When we offer ourselves to Him, He is able to accomplish His purposes.
May the Lord honor your trust that together with Him you can do what is before you. I pray He will give you clarity of mind, steadiness of heart, and strength for each day, that He will bless your home, strengthen your marriage, encourage your children, and draw each of you closer to Jesus, in whom alone we have hope and salvation.
It is beautiful to see your gratitude for your daughter's marriage. A husband and wife joined together for many years in a lifelong covenant is a grace from God, and it is right to thank Him for a good and faithful husband who serves others in demanding work like firefighting. I will pray for your daughter and her unborn child, that the Lord would protect them both, give strength and health in the months ahead, and prepare them for the joy of welcoming this little one. The story of Leah reminds us that God sees affliction and hears the cries of the heart. He saw her sorrow and heard her when she felt unloved, and He continued to show mercy by taking away reproach and adding blessing. He sees your daughter, He hears your prayers for her, and He is able to care for her and the child with tender care.
I also hear your heart for your son and I will pray with you for him. You love him and want what is best for him, including steady work and freedom from habits that harm him. The Bible teaches that out of the heart flow the issues of life, and that we are to guard our hearts with diligence, because choices have consequences. There are plain laws of cause and effect that God has built into life. The pleasures of drink and smoking may feel satisfying for a moment, but they do not lead to life and strength. Like Moses who chose to turn from the passing pleasures of sin because he valued something far greater, your son can find a better way through the grace of Jesus Christ. I pray that God would give him a desire for wholeness, strength to turn away from what harms his body and spirit, and help to walk in a new direction one day at a time. Praying for less is a start, and I will pray for complete freedom and for work that continues to give him purpose.
I hear your prayer for your wife and I lift her needs before the Lord, that He would meet her according to His wisdom and kindness, even where you did not give details. He knows what she needs.
And I hear your honest desire to be a better husband, father, person, and worker, and to finish your projects and proposals well and on time under pressure. God often does His deepest work in us before He does His work through us. He is gracious to shape us, even when that shaping feels like rough edges being chipped away. Scripture tells us to count it joy when we face hard testings, not because the testing itself is joyful, but because God is using it to mature us and prepare us for what He has for us to do. As you feel the weight of much work in a short time, I pray you will know His grace that saves us through Jesus Christ alone, not by our own effort, and that He will give you faith to trust Him, wisdom to plan your work well, diligence to be faithful in each task, and peace as you yield yourself to Him. His work does not depend on our scheming or striving, but on our willingness to be yielded instruments in His hands. When we offer ourselves to Him, He is able to accomplish His purposes.
May the Lord honor your trust that together with Him you can do what is before you. I pray He will give you clarity of mind, steadiness of heart, and strength for each day, that He will bless your home, strengthen your marriage, encourage your children, and draw each of you closer to Jesus, in whom alone we have hope and salvation.
