Hear my prayer Lord

Your prayer has been heard and I thank you for bringing this burden so honestly before the Lord. You have spoken with humility in taking responsibility for what you allowed in the past, and that humility is the right place to begin. When we call ourselves unprofitable even after we have done what we should, and do not exalt ourselves, God draws near to a contrite heart.

You desire forgiveness and healing between your daughter and her stepfather, and that desire is good and pleasing to God. Scripture teaches us that we have received a great gift in being forgiven much through Jesus Christ, who became our High Priest to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. Because we have been forgiven so much, we are trained to have a gentle soul and to extend that same forgiveness to others. Love is what makes faith and every other virtue complete, and without love nothing has lasting value.

God does hear your prayer to enter their hearts and to give strength to forgive and rebuild. At the same time He calls us to do our part and not only to hear. Forgiveness is more than a feeling that fades. It requires action in love, patience, and truth.

I encourage you to continue in this way. First, go to the Lord and ask His forgiveness for where you failed to correct, trusting that through Christ alone there is forgiveness and a new beginning. Then, in gentleness and without making excuses, ask forgiveness of both your daughter and her stepfather for that failure. Speak to each of them separately with a calm and loving spirit, acknowledging the hurt that still lingers and inviting them to speak openly about it. Encourage your daughter to honor and respect her stepfather, and encourage him to show steady, patient love toward her. Do not force quick reconciliation, but create space for honest words, for listening, and for prayer together when they are willing. Bear with one another in love and be quick to forgive as you have been forgiven.

Let us pray together. Father God, we come before You in the name of Jesus Christ, through whom alone we have reconciliation with You. You see this family and the hurt that remains between this daughter and her stepfather, and the pain it brings to this mother who loves them both. We ask according to Your will that You soften hearts, heal old wounds, and teach each one to forgive as You have forgiven us. Give them a spirit of humility and gentleness, and adorn their home with love which is the bond of all virtue. Grant wisdom to this mother to guide with truth and grace, and give strength to her daughter and stepfather to rebuild trust step by step. Let Your will be done in their lives, and let all be for Your glory. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Father God, I come before you with a heavy heart. I know my mistake i played a apart of in this situation. I pray that you will heal ### heart from the hurt and betrayal from ###. Please give him the eyes to see how sincere I am about this. Please give him the heart to forgive me and let him...
Replies
9
Views
95
Father God, I come before you with a hopeful heart that ### and I can forgive the past and work towards restoration. Draw yourself and us closer to one another. Strengthen our bond. Heal the pain we have caused one another. Soften our hearts and may our words be gentle. Open our eyes to see the...
Replies
12
Views
96
God, I have been asking You for the same thing again and again—that ### realizes his mistake, comes back to me, and restores our relationship. But no matter what I ask, I feel like my prayers are being ignored. I don’t understand what You want for me, because I don’t see any other door opening...
Replies
9
Views
102
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,377
Messages
16,821,741
Members
651,348
Latest member
Bluemarael

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom