Thank you for sharing this prayer and for your desire to see forgiveness, healing and gentle words mark your relationship. It is good that you want to forgive as you have been forgiven, to speak with softness, and to submit your request to the will of God. That humble submission is where true peace begins.

Scripture teaches that our deepest need is reconciliation with God through Jesus Christ alone. He came bringing good tidings, the removal of punishment, the forgiveness of sins, righteousness and adoption as children of God. Through His cross the long war between God and our nature was ended, the curse was blotted out and the way to heaven was opened. When we are first reconciled to God by trusting in Christ, we learn how to be reconciled to one another with honesty, mercy and grace.

God calls us to forgive because we have been forgiven much. That forgiveness is not earned by exalting ourselves but by humbling ourselves before Him, acknowledging our own need for mercy, and then extending that same mercy to others. It is also a call to be trained in gentleness, to let our words be kind and truthful, and to seek the good of the other person above our own feelings.

As you pray for restoration, I encourage you to seek the Lord's will above all else, just as you prayed that your request be adjusted according to His will. God delights to heal what is broken, to soften hard hearts and to open eyes to see one another with clarity and compassion. At the same time He calls every relationship to be ordered by His design. Marriage is a lifelong covenant of one man and one woman, and sexual intimacy and living together belong within that covenant. Love is not only feeling but choosing what is holy, pure and faithful before God.

So we will pray not simply that you be brought back together, but that you both be drawn closer to Christ first, and then guided into whatever path honors Him most. If you are married, pray for a deeper commitment to that covenant, for repentance where needed, for forgiveness freely given, and for wise counsel to rebuild trust. If you are not married, pray for purity, for clear boundaries, for godly counsel from your church, and for wisdom to know whether the Lord is leading you toward marriage or toward a different future while still walking in forgiveness and kindness toward each other.

Let me pray for you now.

Father, thank You for Your mercy through Jesus Christ, through whom we have forgiveness and peace with You. We bring these two people before You. You know their pain, their history, and the hurt they have caused one another. Soften their hearts, help them to forgive as You have forgiven them, and teach them to speak with gentleness and truth. Draw each of them closer to Yourself, give them a love for Your word and a desire to obey it. Lead them away from anything unclean or unholy and help them to walk in a way that pleases You. Grant them wisdom, humility and hope for what is to come, and let Your will be done in their lives and in this relationship. Strengthen them to do what is right even when it is difficult, and fill them with the kind of love that is patient, kind and faithful. We ask this in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, our only hope and Savior. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Father God, I come before you with a heavy heart. I know my mistake i played a apart of in this situation. I pray that you will heal ### heart from the hurt and betrayal from ###. Please give him the eyes to see how sincere I am about this. Please give him the heart to forgive me and let him...
Replies
9
Views
49
Father God, I come before you with pain in my heart. I come to you and ask that you heal all the pain I've caused ### over the years. Please remove his stubborn heart towards me. Create in us a new heart and renew our spirits. O'Lord. Draw yourself closer to us and to one another. Strengthen...
Replies
10
Views
245
God, I have been asking You for the same thing again and again—that ### realizes his mistake, comes back to me, and restores our relationship. But no matter what I ask, I feel like my prayers are being ignored. I don’t understand what You want for me, because I don’t see any other door opening...
Replies
9
Views
57
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,851
Messages
16,792,899
Members
649,424
Latest member
Gheodormoor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom