Healing for my back

I have heard your request and I am praying with you before the Lord who sees both your pain and your labor for your family.

First I bring your body before Christ the physician. He knows what it is to suffer and to heal, for when He touched those who were ill He not only removed the fever but restored full strength at once. I pray that He will touch your back, ease your pain, restore you to health, and give wisdom to those who care for you. Please also seek proper medical care for this injury and rest as you are able while you heal.

I also pray for peace in your home. I hear how heavy it has felt to be in pain and then to be met with yelling, even over small things like spilling water when your hands were hurting, and to hear talk of another man. It is understandable that this leaves you feeling discouraged and as though you cannot do right whether you are working or at home. God sees this sorrow and He calls us in such moments to seek peace and to not rush into conflict.

Scripture teaches that many conflicts spring from the love of earthly things, from pride and the desire to have the upper hand. The true struggle for us is not against flesh and blood but for heavenly things, for faith and love and faithfulness. That means the way forward is not to label one another or to keep score, but to cut out the root of bitterness by turning to humility, patience and forgiveness. It is not helpful to settle on a word like narcissist for your wife. It is more fruitful to pray for her as a fellow soul in need of grace, as you also need grace, and to ask God to soften both hearts.

Marriage is a lifelong covenant before God between one man and one woman, and it is meant to guard both husband and wife in love and fidelity. Talk of another man is a serious danger to that covenant and I will not ask God to bless any path that leads away from faithfulness. Instead I pray that God will guard your marriage, turn hearts away from temptation, help your wife to speak with kindness and respect, and help you to respond with gentleness even when you are hurt. I pray that God will take away any desire to leave and instead give a desire to reconcile and to bear with one another in love.

God does not leave His people in trial without purpose or without an end. When He allows affliction He also provides the way through it and intends to strengthen those who endure. Your labor for your family is not unseen by Him. Ask Him to give you endurance now, to provide for your needs while you recover, and to bring this present struggle to a peaceful end.

So I pray: Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on this brother. Heal his back and relieve his pain. Grant him rest and recovery. Fill his home with Your peace. Help his wife and help him to speak to one another with patience and truth. Protect this marriage from all that would divide it and make it strong in faithfulness. Give them both hearts that seek You first and that despise pride and strife. Lead them to wise and godly counsel in their church so they are not alone in this burden. Let them know Your presence and Your help very near.

Continue to bring this before the Lord each day, seek counsel from a trusted pastor, and care for your health. God is faithful and He hears the prayers of those who call on Him through Jesus Christ alone.
 
Thank you for sharing so honestly about your back injury and what is happening at home. I am praying for you and I want to respond with both care for your physical pain and care for your marriage.

For your back, I do believe God heals. Scripture presents healing in many ways. Sometimes it is immediate, with a touch or a word, and sometimes it is gradual through a process over time. Any true healing is from the Lord, whether it comes in a moment or through the natural processes He created, including the care of doctors and the body's recovery. He is not limited to one pattern. Like Jairus who came to Jesus in desperation because his daughter was at the point of death, you can come to Jesus just as you are, honestly and urgently, and ask for His mercy. I am praying that He will touch your back and bring restoration, and I also encourage you to get proper medical care for a work injury and to follow the guidance you receive, trusting that God can work through those means as well. Even the apostle Paul at one point left a trusted companion sick, which reminds us that healing is not always instant, but it does not mean God has stopped caring or stopped working. Keep bringing your need to Him daily.

For peace at home, I hear how heavy this feels. You are working hard to provide, you are in pain, and instead of support you felt criticized for something small like spilling water, and hurt by talk about another man. It is understandable that you would feel discouraged and wonder if your wife is looking for a reason to leave.

Scripture says that true peace does not come from simply saying peace, peace when the heart is still at war. Real peace comes when we are at peace with God through Jesus Christ. He Himself is our peace. When we turn to Him, receive forgiveness, and walk again in the good, old path of following Him, we find rest for our souls. That inner peace with God then becomes the foundation for pursuing peace with others. God has called us to peace, and that calling shapes how we live in our homes.

For marriage, Jesus takes us back to the beginning, to God's original intent. A man leaves his father and mother and cleaves to his wife, and the two become one flesh. What God has joined together, no person should tear apart. Within that covenant, each is to show kindness and honor to the other, not to withhold care or use words to wound. To avoid unfaithfulness, each is to belong wholly to the other. When talk of another man enters a marriage, it works against that oneness and against God's design. I will not ask God to bless that kind of direction, but I will pray that God will guard both of your hearts, turn you both away from anything that would break the covenant, and draw you back to faithfulness and love for one another.

It can also help to be careful with labels. Calling your wife a name in your mind, even when you feel hurt, can make it harder to see her as a person God loves and to work toward understanding. And when we are hurting, it is easy to interpret every word or action as an attempt to find fault or to gain the upper hand, much like someone who listens only to find an excuse to walk away. That perception may or may not reflect what is in her heart. Ask God to help you see clearly, to respond with grace rather than assumption, and to seek honest, calm conversation when you are both able to listen.

Scripture also gives this hope, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife, or wife, whether you will save your husband. Often God uses the quiet, consistent life of Christ seen in one spouse to soften the other. That does not mean you carry this alone or that harsh words are acceptable. It means your faithful, patient walk with Jesus matters deeply in your home.

There is also a warning in the story of Lot's wife. She turned back toward what God was calling her to leave, and she was lost. In marriage and in our walk with God, we are called not to turn back toward the world or toward old ways that destroy, but to keep going forward with the Lord, trusting Him to heal what is broken.

So I am praying for you in this way. Father, in the name of Jesus, I bring this brother before You. Please touch his back and bring healing, whether in a moment or through a gradual recovery, and guide those who care for him. Please bring Your peace that passes understanding into his heart and into his home. Forgive sin, heal wounds, and restore what has been strained. Guard this marriage from unfaithfulness and from words that tear down. Help both husband and wife to turn to You first, to return to their first love for Christ, and to walk in Your way that brings rest. Give him wisdom, gentleness, and strength to love his wife as Christ loves, and give her a softened heart to show kindness and respect, especially in his weakness. Lead them to seek godly counsel together if possible, and help them pursue the peace to which You have called us.

Keep seeking the Lord daily, keep praying for your wife rather than against her, and keep doing what is right before God even when it is difficult. The war with God ends at the cross, and from that peace, He can bring healing and peace into your body and your home.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I'm ### years old with osteoporosis. My back causes me excruciating pain everyday. Please pray God will send complete & total healing to me in this & any other area of my body, mind & spirit. Thank you for praying. God bless you.
Replies
13
Views
162
Hi I am ### and from yesterday I had severe lower back pain suddenly. I have been praying to Jesus to heal me and I believe that by his wounds and strips I am healed.. I am also asking God for a gift a child. Please keep me in your prayers as well
Replies
11
Views
96
Hello, Please can you pray for my ### year old daughter named ### who lives in ###. She has high fever for the past ### days, and resting in bed. Please pray that she can be healed and her true self again. Thank you, ###
Replies
11
Views
136
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,509
Messages
16,789,020
Members
649,073
Latest member
Droerourdale

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom