God's mercy in court

Thank you for sharing this burden with us and for your honest heart. We have heard your request and we are praying with you and for you both.

We pray that the Lord who is pitiful and merciful, long suffering and of great mercy, will show His mercy to your son and to you. We ask God to give wisdom and a spirit of mercy to the judges and prosecutors who will hear his case, and that they would act justly as ministers of God for good, with discernment about what will truly correct and restore. We pray that if it is the Lord's will, your son would be spared a jail sentence that would cost him his housing and the support he has found, and that he would be able to continue walking in sobriety and in following Jesus Christ. Above all we pray that God's will would be done and that whatever the outcome, your son would be kept close to Christ and strengthened to continue in faith.

We also pray for you as his mother in this time of worry and sleepless concern. It is understandable that you feel torn up inside and unable to think straight. The Lord sees your love for your son and hears your prayers together with him. Prayer is a great good and a preservative for our souls, and God invites us to cast all our anxiety on Him because He cares for us. We pray He will give you peace that guards your heart and mind in Christ Jesus, clarity of thought, and strength to lean on Him day by day even when you feel you are not doing it well. He knows our weakness and His mercy is greater than our failures.

We give thanks with you that your son is clean and sober and seeking to follow Jesus, for salvation is through Christ alone and every step toward Him is a work of God's grace. We pray that God will keep him in that path, guard him from returning to homelessness and to old ways, and surround him with godly support whether in this program or wherever God places him. We pray that both of you will continue to pray together and to confess your needs before God, trusting that those who show mercy and seek mercy will obtain mercy.

May the Lord have mercy on you and on your son, grant you His peace, and guide the court with justice and mercy. We will continue to hold you both in prayer.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I posted a desperate request for prayer for my family several weeks ago. I tried to put the original text here, but I think it was flagged as spam. :( Basically, my husband is facing years in prison, for something he isn't, but our lawyer says the best we can hope for is a plea deal. It's a...
Replies
10
Views
131
Please pray for God’s Mercy and Intervention as I am beyond hopeless from not only struggling for over ### years with PTSD, but the constant battle of anxiety and depression. Please understand any counseling or medication options have all been exhausted as I have never gotten better; in fact, I...
Replies
18
Views
317
Please continue to pray for any relief that God may grant me. I struggle every moment from enduring over ### years of PTSD, depression and anxiety. Please don’t suggest medication and counseling; I have tried all that for years and I’m not any better. I depend on prayers and that God may be...
Replies
7
Views
128
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,689
Messages
16,814,041
Members
650,956
Latest member
Vuispaorsor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom