[God] said to [###]: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life."

—Revelation 21:6 NIV

Key Thought​


Jesus' promise early in his ministry about the Spirit bringing us refreshment (John 7:37-39) is made again years later in the revelation to [###]. This time, however, the promise is not given by Jesus during his earthly ministry, but by God in his heavenly power. Jesus is now ascended into heaven and directing the message given to [###] to share with the churches. The key to receiving this water of life for followers of Jesus is recognition that we are thirsty and that we need the Spirit's refreshing presence running through our lives. So let's acknowledge that we thirst for the Spirit's presence and request the Spirit's refreshment to fill our lives.

Today's Prayer​


O God, thank you for the Holy Spirit. I acknowledge that I need the Holy Spirit's influence and presence in my life, and I pray for the Spirit's refreshment to fill my life. When I lose sight of the Spirit's work, my soul feels parched and weary. Dear Jesus, as I pray this prayer in your name, I trust that you will help me recognize the presence of the Holy Spirit you have given me. Amen.


Ⓒ 1996-2020 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. The Thoughts and Prayer for God's Holy Fire are written by [###]. Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.
Scripture quotations marked MESSAGE are taken from THE MESSAGE, copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by [###]. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. Represented by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
FZpuu2ZXg6s


Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Then Peter said [to the lame man], "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he...
Replies
1
Views
2K
  • Article Article
"What do you mean, 'If I can'?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes." —Mark 9:23 NLT Key Thought "Anything is possible ...!" 'Nuff said, let's choose to believe! Today's Prayer Forgive me, forgive us, O God for doubting your power and might. In Jesus' name. Amen...
Replies
1
Views
1K
  • Article Article
Then Jesus began teaching them with stories: ... —Mark 12:1 NLT Key Thought Jesus knew the power of special stories — often called parables. He used them frequently to help convey deep messages that he wanted his followers to remember. These stories would lodge in the minds of the people who...
Replies
0
Views
479
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,062
Messages
16,784,049
Members
648,643
Latest member
Cheor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom