Jumping and Leaping and Praising God!

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Then Peter said [to the lame man], "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God.

Acts 3:6-8

Key Thought​

Today is leap day. I could not resist using this verse about a man held in bondage all his life because his legs wouldn't work. He never could walk (Acts 3:2). No toddling to a parent as he tried his first steps. He never had the opportunity of falling and getting up. He was stuck. Then, because of grace and the power of the resurrected Jesus, his whole life changed. Through Peter, Jesus freed him from his bondage. As disciples of Jesus, he frees us, too, through the power of the Holy Spirit. Paul said, "Now the LORD is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the LORD is, there is freedom" (2 Corinthians 3:17). We are no longer in bondage to sin, death, hell, and our weaknesses. As we have faith in Jesus, the Spirit transforms us to become like our Savior (2 Corinthians 3:18). We can jump, walk, and leap our way toward Jesus because of the Spirit's transforming power!

Today's Prayer​

O precious Father, my heart leaps for joy because of the freedom from sin, death, and hell that Jesus accomplished for me. I walk through each day knowing I am progressively being transformed to be more like Jesus. Thank you! Now I ask, dear Father, that you make your work in me visible to others so they can come and learn about your grace in Jesus. I pray in his name. Amen.

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. The Thoughts and Prayer for God's Holy Fire are written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.
Scripture quotations marked MESSAGE are taken from THE MESSAGE, copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. Represented by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Immediately after [feeding the crowd], Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and head across the lake to Bethsaida, while he sent the people home. After telling everyone good-bye, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. —Mark 6:45-46 NLT Key Thought This whole...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then [Jesus] climbed into the boat, and the wind stopped. [The disciples] were totally amazed, for they still didn't understand the significance of the miracle of the loaves. Their hearts were too hard to take it in. —Mark 6:51-52 NLT Key Thought The disciples couldn't get it! Maybe they...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus told [the townspeople], "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family." And because of their unbelief, he couldn't do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So [Herod's daughter] hurried back to the king and told him, "I want the head of John the Baptist, right now, on a tray!" Then the king deeply regretted what he had said; but because of the vows he had made in front of his guests, he couldn't refuse her. So he immediately sent an executioner to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus told the disciples to have the people sit down in groups on the green grass. So they sat down in groups of fifty or a hundred. Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he kept giving the bread to the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom