Brother in Christ (JC)

Beloved of All
How would you define your relationship with God? Is it a commitment or do you see it as a bargaining tool? (If you give me this I promise to give that.)

But first let our Heavenly Father set the example;

Jeremiah 31
31. “The day is coming,” says the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah.
33. “But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel after those days,” says the LORD . “I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
34. ...’ “And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.”
NLT

1John 4
9. God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him.
10. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.
NLT

So has promised, God delivered on His commitment by sending His Son to atone for our sins. By doing so Jesus ushered in a new covenant founded on grace and love and not of the letter of the law. It is written in our hearts as foretold in Jeremiah.
God is committed to His people.

Who is God Looking For?

In Luke 16:13 (serving two masters) and James 4:8 (divided loyalty) we read about humanity's wavering tendencies.
However God is looking for those deeply committed to righteousness. He's looking for a people with the righteous stuff!

Habakkuk 3:17-18
17. Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty,
18. yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation.

That is commitment!
In John we learn about a group of Jesus' followers that found the Lord's way to difficult to follow. In John 6:66 (oddly enough) many of Jesus' disciples broke rank and abandoned His teachings. So Jesus then ask His twelve, Will ye also go away? Peter then said, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Non wavering, non bargaining, fully committed!
Amen!

Be committed to His Kingdom and all of its Righteousness!
 
How would you define your relationship with God?
My relationship with God is loving, intimate, ever-growing closer, and stronger as time passes. He is the breath that I breathe, the length of my days. The beat of my heart. He is my life, my Living Water, and Living Bread. He is to the lover of my soul. He comes first in my life. I am so in Love with God. I seek His face, glory, praise, and applause.
 
My relationship with God is loving, intimate, ever-growing closer, and stronger as time passes. He is the breath that I breathe, the length of my days. The beat of my heart. He is my life, my Living Water, and Living Bread. He is to the lover of my soul. He comes first in my life. I am so in Love with God. I seek His face, glory, praise, and applause.
Yes! Praise God!
❤❤❤
 
Habakkuk 3:17-18
17. Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty,
18. yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation.
HALLELUIAH.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I am lacking in understanding in why it is good not to procrastinate in repenting to god. I repented from lust for ### days and received some blessings but then some days I don’t feel blessed anymore so I relapse. Why should I commit my whole life to god instead of repenting next year? I’m an...
Replies
12
Views
212
Bread of Heaven/ Word of Life/ Jesus is the word of God Job 31:10 – “Then may my wife grind another man’s grain, and may other men sleep with her.” Extended Explanation of the Verse: In Job 31:10, Job is making a solemn statement about the consequences he would deserve if he were guilty of...
Replies
10
Views
291
Bread of Heaven/ Word of Life/ Jesus is the word of God Nehemiah 13:17 – “I rebuked the nobles of Judah and said to them, ‘What is this wicked thing you are doing-desecrating the Sabbath day?’” Extended Explanation of the Verse: In Nehemiah 13:17, we see Nehemiah confronting the leaders, or...
Replies
11
Views
165
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,250
Messages
16,808,582
Members
650,659
Latest member
Droegate

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom