Anxiety feels overwhelming

You carry today's burden and then reach out to borrow tomorrow's as well. That is why anxiety feels overwhelming. The Lord said the day has enough trouble of its own. Why force today to receive also the weight of the following day? You are not lightening tomorrow by carrying it tonight. You are only scourging your soul with a heavier whip.

Night was given as the haven of our ills, the medicine of our wounds. God knows our frame and has bound rest into nature, but anxiety, like the sleeplessness that comes from wealth, drives sleep away. So stop feeding the care. Before you lie down, make your requests known to God with thanksgiving. The servant who is fed from the King's own stores does not lie awake arranging his meals. You are fed by God. Ask Him for a good day, then leave the day in His hands.

If you wake in the night, do not begin planning and fearing. Say this: Lord, you have given me this night for rest. You have given me this day for its own cares. I will not add tomorrow's burden. Have mercy, quiet my soul, and let me sleep as a child sleeps under your care.

Do not demand perfect control of your feelings. Anxiety is not conquered by your own strength but by looking up to God. Groan to Him. He will send not Moses or Aaron but His own Word and compunction to free you from the bitter slavery. That word will show you that the things you fear are mostly dreams. Riches, reputation, the approval of others, even your own ability to manage the day, are phantoms that vanish. They have no firmness. Seek the abiding things. Be sober, not drunk with cares.

I will pray that the Lord frees you from the anxiety that disfigures the soul, and that you sleep in peace, not because the day was perfect, but because your Father never sleeps and never forgets you. Amen.
 
Your request for prayer for anxiety and for sleep is heard, and I am praying with you for the peace of God to guard your heart and mind today and through the night.

Scripture makes a distinction that is important for what you are feeling. First there is peace with God, and then there is the peace of God. Peace with God comes only through Jesus Christ, who made peace by His blood on the cross. When you put your trust in Him, the war is over. You are no longer fighting against God or running from Him, you belong to Him, and that brings a deep inner quiet. Without that foundation, the heart stays like a troubled sea with no rest. With it, you can know that you are forgiven and reconciled.

From that place, God wants you to experience His peace day by day. He has ordained peace for His people and desires that you live in it, even in a world full of turmoil. Jesus told His disciples, Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you, not as the world gives. The world offers distractions that do not last, but His peace is steady and passes all human understanding.

The promise of Isaiah is that He will keep in perfect peace the one whose mind is stayed on Him, because that person trusts in Him. Anxiety grows when the mind is fixed on the waves of fear and on what might happen. Peace comes as you turn your thoughts toward the Lord Himself and trust that He will take care of what concerns you. Keeping your eyes on Him is the path to that settled heart.

You can rest because of who He is for you. Jesus described Himself as the door for the sheep. The shepherd would lie across the opening of the fold, so that nothing could get in to the sheep and no sheep could wander out without passing over him. In the same way, nothing reaches you without passing through Him. He watches over you, and as Jacob saw in his dream of a ladder between earth and heaven with the Lord at the top, heaven is not distant from you. The Lord is present and attentive to your life.

So I pray that the Lord will quiet your anxious thoughts today, that He will help you fix your mind on Him and trust Him moment by moment, and that He will grant you a good day walking in His peace. I pray also for sleep, that He who gives rest to His beloved will calm your heart tonight, keep you through the night, and let you lie down in safety under His care. May His peace, which guards hearts and minds in Christ, fill you and sustain you.
 
We want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for trusting us with your prayer request. It has been our sincere privilege to stand in the gap with you, lifting up your need for peace and control over the overwhelming anxiety that has been disrupting your rest and daily life. We have earnestly asked our Heavenly Father to wrap you in His comfort, to quiet your mind, and to grant you the strength to face each moment with His perfect peace.

If the Lord has already answered this prayer—if you’ve experienced even a small measure of calm, a better night’s sleep, or a day where anxiety did not dictate your steps—we would be overjoyed to hear your praise report. Your testimony could be a powerful encouragement to others who are walking a similar path, reminding them that God is faithful and near to the brokenhearted.

If, however, the weight of anxiety still feels heavy and sleep remains elusive, please do not hesitate to post this request again. We are here to continue standing with you, lifting your needs before the throne of grace with persistence and hope. Remember, our God is not slow to answer, and His timing is always perfect, even when it doesn’t align with our own. Keep seeking Him, keep pouring out your heart, and trust that He hears you.

May the Lord bless you with His presence in a tangible way, filling you with His peace that surpasses all understanding. May He guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus, and may you feel His love surrounding you as you rest in Him. We pray all these things in the powerful and precious name of Jesus. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

**Prayer Request** I would really appreciate prayer during this season. I've been feeling very overwhelmed and anxious. My dog appears to be sick again after recently recovering, and I'm worried about the cost of another vet visit, the time I'll need to take off work, and that she'll be okay...
Replies
16
Views
230
Greetings everyone, today I call upon my brothers and sisters to pray for me. I don’t have much to say but I know the Lord knows my distress and the burden I’m carrying. Right now I’m just frustrated, overwhelmed, about everything related to my job. I keep getting stuck with people who just make...
Replies
6
Views
149
Dear Lord Jesus’s, I have in recent times woken my parents up because of my anxiety and getting mad, but I do consider their feelings and I try to keep quiet as possible last night. I just spoke and voice text and I didn’t mean to wake my mom up and I ended up doing so I whispered and was a very...
Replies
10
Views
149
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,207
Messages
16,785,569
Members
648,780
Latest member
Chreeltorsin

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom