A Prayer For Those Who Pray For Others

  • Thread starter Thread starter kristie
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kristie

Guest
Lord God, my heavenly holy Father, I pray that you quicken the hearts of every person that prays for others on this ministry, that you send your Holy Spirit Jesus, to quicken them in how to pray for that person. That you just use the person as a vessel through which you flow, so that our intercessions always be to your will and your word on a situation. Lord, let our prayers never be random, but directed always by your loving and guiding hands, so that we can pray accordingly to the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the best for our brethren in need. I thank you Lord, I praise your holy name, I give you all the honor in all things, thank You Jesus for guiding your people. In Your Precious Name I pray, Amen

My brothers and sisters, I felt led to pray this prayer because of our accountability before God for others we pray over. I want to tell you a story about something that happened with me a year ago December. I met a wonderful man from the state of California. He was just full of light, bubbly, joyous and a joy to be around. I called him so full of love. And everywhere he went, to the store, his job, everyone just loved him. He had this magnetism about him that just drew people in. Always smiling, I cannot even explain the charisma of this man. I fell head over heels in love with him quickly actually. I thought this is the man God has for me, finally! We dated for four months and became engaged. He was out in California in October, wrapping things up there because he was relocating here so we could start our lives together.

I get this call from him late one night, and he is telling me that he has been stabbed, that he is laying in some alley and dying. I am frantic. I have a friend of mine on the phone with police, while I am trying to keep him on the line talking so they can find him. I lose connection. They searched and searched, never found him, called his family, friends, roommate, etc. The next day he calls me again, he is in the hospital. He tells me this story that his roommate got upset with him when he gave him notice of leaving, and a tried to pick a physical fight, so he just walked out. After walking out in such a rush, he realized that he left his keys and his wallet inside the apartment. He went back for them, but his roommate would not let him in, would not give him his keys or wallet, nor any of his belongings, and so he basically was out in the street. That he got jumped by some thugs, and this is how he ended up hurt, but that he was going to be okay. One had a knife, and they shoved him down a flight of stairs, and jumped him, and he hit his head really hard, and so when he came to he was having a lot of pain in his abdomen and there was a whole lot of blood, so in his dazed state he thought they had stabbed him. Turns out he is just really severely bruised and all the blood was from his head injury.

So, he gets released and goes to his bank and draws out his money, $600 he says, all he has in there, and he gets a motel room. He lays in this motel room talking to me on the phone every half hour or so while he is mending. He used up the $600 fast at $50 a night, which they gave him a break on with his being so messed up. Then he calls me one night sobbing hard, tells me he just got a call from his sister that his nephew had a climbing accident and died. So he is talking about he has to pull it together and his sister is coming after him so they can fly out to Washington for the funeral. We went through days of his sobbing over this, it was tragic.

His money ran out finally, and he just disappeared. I could not reach him on his cell, was going to voicemail, and the hotel manager said she saw him walking away with his bags, but did not see a car or anything, had no idea where he went. Days go by, can't reach him, no word from him. I am frantic again. His work then calls me about a week into this and says that now they are panicked, and as his fiancée they need me to file a missing persons report on him. So I do, and we get busy doing all the things one does when someone is missing. Another week goes by, nothing.

Suddenly he calls me out of the blue, his bubbly normal self. Tells me he managed to get a hold of a friend that day, who drove him the four hours to his sister's. When he got there he found that he did not have cell service in that area, and then with the funeral and everything, apologized and in his way just calmed me down and made everything okay. He gave me her landline number and said to just call him, and he would be calling me. That he was going to stay there through Christmas because his two daughters asked to spend Christmas with him since he was relocating, and he was doing a lot of work for his sister to get his finances back up and running so he could fly out and move on in our lives. The first time I call, his sister answers and she is not very nice to me. The next thing I know, he is telling me to not call, that his sister is having a fit because she does not want him to leave, she needs his help in her business and therefore is not happy with him having someone in his life that he is moving away to, instead of becoming a slave to her. That he will call me a couple times a day when she is not around. This really disturbed me, that this woman was controlling the phones and not letting him talk to me.

I went to prayer ministries and explained the situation and asked for prayer for our relationship and over his sister, etc. That he get here and all things go smooth for us, etc. And people are lifting us up and praying over the things I wanted, that we not be kept apart, and he get here, and so forth. Great! I have agreement in my desires for this relationship. After all, God chose this man for me right?!

He calls a few days after Thanksgiving to inform me that his daughters have changed their plans, they got an opportunity to do this really neat thing over Christmas so they were going out of state, so he could go ahead and come and be here for Christmas, yeah, prayers are working! So we made flight arrangements, and he flew in a couple days later.

I wish that every person that prayed over me and this relationship would have prayed for God's will, and only God's will to be done.

He flew in, and for the next four months my life became a living nightmare. What he managed to hide so well from me for the previous four to five months was that he was a raging, never seen another like it raging, alcoholic. He was not here three days and he was sucking down, and this is no lie, a fifth of vodka in two drinks, in under thirty minutes. If he was not comatose, he was hallucinating, fighting demons in my living room, pinning me to the floor for hours. He was too out of it to get a new job here. He stole out of my purse to get booze when he ran out, or he stole it, he got it however he had to get it. His sister and his sober counselor called me about two weeks in just to check on me, saying they had been so worried, tried to stop him from coming, knew he was going to turn my life upside down, but they were helpless to stop it all, and now all they could do was try to help me cope and figure out how to get him back out of my house. I could not get him out of my house! He wrecked my truck driving drunk. He drained me dry financially. I was so stressed out that I could not eat and if I managed to get anything down, it came right back up, and I mean I was in this physical condition for three months, I lost so much weight, was so sick. I could not sleep, he would get up when I went to bed, he just basically slept in the armchair every night because he was passed out in it most of the day and night. But he would get up and get on my computer at night, and I would wake up to the computer being left up and emails and chats to other women that he was having online sex with, and telling them he would come be with them.

I found out he was telling people he did meet in town that I was his sister and he was only there temporarily to help me out. I also found out that the friend that got him from the motel was yet another woman that he was doing like me, in love with and going to marry, but she lived in CA, and by the time she spent four hours in the car with him, because when she got to him that day he was totally embalmed on vodka..the reason he was not taking my calls, that she called his sister and asked her to meet her in a store parking lot and get him out of her car.

Turns out that there was no fight with the roommate, he got drunk on vodka, the roommate threw him out, he fell down a flight of stairs drunk, was picked up by another police agency then the one trying to find him, and jailed overnight to sober up.

It was the next night after he took my truck without permission and disappeared for hours, getting drunk and wrecking it, that he snuck out the back door and I found him down at the local bar. I went to city police and asked them what to do, they said they could not help me, he now lived in my house so they could not remove him, that I would have to go to court through eviction process, did not matter if he did not pay rent, etc. I called his counselor and he told me to pack his stuff, go to the bar and tell him he has two choices, he either lets you take him to a motel or when he comes back to my house drunk, I have him arrested overnight for being drunk. He could hardly walk, he was mad too, I had to help him to my truck, drove him thirty mins to the nearest hotel, he hid his wallet from me, said he did not have it, so I had to sign for the bill to bring back the money the next day. The next day I went back to find him passed out drunk and fifth of vodka under the mattress with a drop left in it, in which I rolled him over and found his wallet. I paid for the bill, called his dad and told him I was leaving him there, he could not come back to my house, and did his dad want to get him flown back to a rehab. He agreed, so his dad made flight arrangements for the next day, I bundled him up and took him back to my house to make sure he sobered up to get on the plane. I had to leave the room for a few minutes to talk to his dad, and when I came back I found him unconscious, he had taken thirty some somas that my doc prescribed for tension headaches I was having since he came into my home. I had to put an ambulance on standby and sit beside him all night to make sure he kept breathing, the next morning carry him pretty much down the flight of stairs and get in the shower with him to get him alert enough to walk him to the car and off he went out of my life, thank God.

I found out also that he lived, in CA, in a sober community. He had been a raging alcoholic for 25 years, had whisked through three marriages, had an addiction to women to boot, and guess what? His nephew did not die, those calls sobbing so hard, and so despaired were vodka hallucinations, but I did not even know he drank! Oh, and he has not seen his daughters in years, they would not have anything to do with him, never a wanting to be with him over Christmas or a change of plans. Everything about this man was a lie.

I was so financially drained that I could not pay my bills, the electric company shut off the electric, and I had to move out of my house and in with a family member, calling a small bedroom my home where I am still right now, it will be a year the 3rd of April, because I am still trying to dig out of this mess he put me in.

I also caught him, a day after he got out of detox, online picking up women to con again. He was not allowed to be on a computer in sober living, where his counselor put him after detox, so I reported it to his counselor, terrified that he was already working on another victim. He got in trouble over that, sent me nasty hateful emails, and then he walked out of sober living. I have not heard a word about him since and do not care to. I was so messed up from the ordeal that for the first time in my life I had to go to counseling myself and AA, just to regroup my own life and sanity.

So, I pray that when my fellow Christians see a prayer of a single person praying over a relationship with someone that is not going so well at the moment, that you stick to God's will be done. In looking back, I think all the glitches that were going on was God's way of waving a red flag at me, and saying put on the brakes. But I was so in love, so full of hope and false beliefs, so duped over this man. The heart is a hard thing to convince yourself is wrong. When you are in love, or think you are, you do not want anything stopping it, you won't be convinced that it is not a good thing, you just want what you want and you will look for anyone to agree with you for it. And we need to be careful of what we pray for, because God will let us have it just to remove the scales from our eyes. My scales have been removed the hard way, and I will never pray for something to happen that we cannot know all the details of, such as a non-marital relationship between a man and woman. We cannot know that this is the person God has for that person, and if it is not the person God has, it is the wrong person! So all we can do is pray for God's will, and if it is the right person, God will keep it together and work all things out for them, and if it is not, God will spare the person a lot of grief and hardship..because the word says, if two or more agree upon anything in the Name of Jesus, it will be done. I do not know about any of you, but I do not want accountability for anyone suffering through what I did. I now wish, as I said, that no one would have agreed with me and just prayed His will for me in it, I may have been spared this ordeal that I am still working through a year later.

Lord, again I pray that you lead your people who intercede for others, that you guide their hearts and their minds to pray what is best for each and every person. When we cannot be certain about something, no word to stand on for it, or lack wisdom and understanding of the situation, such as we do in non-marital relationships and your chosen mate for that person, I pray that you quicken us and keep us in check for praying your will, for you know what is best for that person and it is safe to say that each and every one of us want what is best in the lives of our fellow brothers and sisters because we love them in Christ. Thank You Jesus, we praise you and give to you all the glory. In Your Mighty Name I pray, Amen.
 
yes Lord I agree with this prayer we do not know how to pray Let your holy spirit lead us and teach us how to pray. Father let the divine work of the Holy Spirit carried within us in Jesus name I pray amen.
 
Lord I am in agreement with this prayer. Lord your will will know what is right with in a prayer. Glory be to God
 
Amen, God's way is always the best and most loving way. Thank you for sharing that with us and may God's way always be trusted as the right way however difficult for us to understand at the time. I pray right now God's will be done in all situations and prayer, Amen
 
Amen my sister. God knows how much I want my son to remain here near to me, and all the reasons that are scriptural based as well as protection over my son, his girlfriend and my granddaughters. But God's will be done, for I know that God works all things for the good of those who love him and trust him. I expect a turn around in this situation, I stand for a turn around and have faith in a turn around by some divine event, but I know that if God allows it to happen, there is purpose and I know in my heart that the purpose will bring the turn around. Nothing is too late for God, and sometimes he does things in a round about way, a detour so to speak, to get them back to where they should be, and I understand that He does this because there are greater things to be gained in doing things that way, mainly wisdom and wisdom and revelation about situations brings permanent change in lives. I refuse to be downcast or sad if it goes differently then what I am expecting for, for God knows what is the best way to His plans in a matter. I praise Him that he does direct our steps, our hearts and all matters in our lives!
 
dear lord i pray that you bless everyone who pray for others, i pray that you answer their needs, i pray that you bless them and watch over them, i pray that you protect them from all manner of attacks by satan, i pray that you give them the right words, when praying for others, i pray that you give them comfort, peace, mercy, grace, strength, wisdom, and blessings, i pray that you heal broken marriages and heal all who needs to be healed, in jesus name amen
 
Yes Lord, I too am in agreement to this prayer Lord, for your Will to be done Lord. Lord, You know when our prayers are sincere and full of compassion, loving one another as you command us Lord.

Lord, I Lift ###'s son to you Lord, I Pray for Your Will to be done Lord, Draw him close Lord, Protect him and his little girl.

Lord, I know you are and always will, Hold them in your Loving Arms.

Lord, I also Lift up ### to you Lord, She is relying only on you Lord, You are her Refuge Lord, Guide her Lord, Give her your Mighty Strength just now, Your Will to be done Lord, All According to Your Divine Plan Lord, In Jesus Name Amen
 
I fully agree with you about God's will. It's hard sometimes to know what to pray for if we don't know what God's will for us is. My wife just left me and I believe she has committed adultery. Now I know God can heal this marriage, but she has drifted away so far from God and I caught her in so many lies I mean so many lies. Maybe it's not God's will for me. Because Jesus does say it's a sin to divorce except for adultery. But if God truly changes her heart and I see the change in her and if she comes back then I know that was God's will. If she doesn't and God has someone else in store for me, a good Godly woman with morals and does not constantly lie, then I know that is God's will for me. Yes, I pray Heavenly Father that you show your will to everyone who prays, dear God. Please let your will be done to better our lives here on earth. I pray that you heal ### from this past relationship and that the right man will enter her life in Jesus' name I pray Amen.
 
[This post was redacted due to privacy concerns]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

🙏 ❤️ 🙏 Prayer Focus: God, I ask You in Jesus' name, bless the writer of this prayer and myself with knowledge, wisdom, a keen accurate gift of discernment, and a wise and understanding heart in all that You have called and chosen each of us to do. Bless each of us with the desire, love, and...
Replies
9
Views
194
Dear God, I pray for those who have been through a season like Job in the bible - where you have been through great loss and testing in the fire and ask You Lord to bring deep healing and deliverance so they can enjoy life again I pray for them where they have been misunderstood by others and...
Replies
10
Views
101
Dear God, I pray for those who are having trouble forgiving anyone and we ask You give them the strength and grace to let the offence go and let the bitterness go in Jesus' name Lord, You saw the way they were mishandled or mistreated by someone or others and it takes a lot to forgive when the...
Replies
12
Views
158
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,265
Messages
16,786,129
Members
648,848
Latest member
Kioroinian

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom