Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Preface: In urban vernacular, to say to someone "You got served," is to generally convey a message of having put one in his/her place or to have triumphed over. Howbeit, scriputrally translated, it simply means, because God has blessed you, bless someone else.

Because Jesus gave freely to us, when it’s our turn to give, we must likewise do so freely without grudging.

And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; (Isaiah 58:7b)

I am combining multiple posts in this one, so this is an extremely long entry. Many, many words. But, for those who are willing to take a little time out of your day, please hear!

WILLING WORKERS
Paul said: For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.” (2 Thessalonians 3:10)

The work of that Paul speaks of generally contributed to upkeep and maintenance of the temple; however, more often than not, he was referring to the work of advancing the Temple through Kingdom Building. Unfortunately, the works of the Lord are often not valued; they weren’t even valued by the temple when Jesus himself did them. What man deems as work, isn't always what God prioritizes as work. Judas was paid by man – The Chief Priests of the Temple, for doing the “work” that they valued; but jesus was cast out for carrying out the Works of the Father.

Jesus called His disciples away from their conventional jobs to prioritize Kingdom Building. Even though temple hierarchy may not always value it so, certainly the Prophet/Prophetess role is an important part of God’s building project. Again, Jesus himself, having been thrown out of the Temple and forced to sleep outside, was all too familiar with being devalued by the Church. He even prophesied about how His disciples would likewise be rejected and devalued by influential leaders in the Church. It was never Jesus’s desire for His workers to be mistreated. While He prophesied of how it would be; He commanded how it should be: As it is written:

For Scripture says, “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain,” and “The worker deserves his wages.” (1 Timothy 5:18)

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
It’s not what you do , but rather the spirit and intent with which you do it. Even Pharoah fed and watered the slaves; that didn’t mean God approved of his exploitive motivation. Food, like clothing and shelter are basic needs. Therefore, if giving is your calling, having presented your body a living sacrifice to that call, it is part of your reasonable service to give freely and generously. Indeed, Paul himself, at times being homeless and unemployed, still ate. Therefore, he puts “his own rule” regarding working and partaking, into perspective, thereby clarifying his definition of work, in the following verse:

“If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you?” (1 Corinthians 9:11)

God doesn't require that the spiritual seeds sown be approved, or even liked by man: Paul's question simply begs, “if sown.” Paul even goes on to acknowledge, in Galatians, that both financially and theologically, there were those in church leadership who were unsupportive of his ministry. Perhaps they felt that, like Jesus, Paul lacked the educational pedigree required “by them” to be legitimate. I know the feeling.

As for those who were considered important in the church, their reputation doesn't concern me. God isn't impressed with mere appearances, and neither am I. And of course these leaders were able to add nothing to the message I had been preaching. (Galatians 2:6, MSG)

Unfortunately, the church’s, sometimes disengaged attitude, can mis-influence those who may be a bit weak in the Faith. Some Temple leaders preached a good game, but when it came to following through, which sometimes meant walking away from the granduer and prestige of their positions, they hypocritically, not only blocked themselves from entering into real relationship with God, they likewise blocked others because of their rejection of Christ (way, truth, and life). This oftentimes prompted those who would’ve embraced Jesus’s Righteousness, to instead invoke pagan rituals or engage idols. This is what Jesus was expressing when He said:

"I've had it with you! You're hopeless, you religion scholars, you Pharisees! Frauds! Your lives are roadblocks to God's kingdom. You refuse to enter, and won't let anyone else in either. (Matthew 23:13, MSG)

A CUP OF COLD WATER
According to Jesus, you start simply by giving a cup of cold water to one of His little ones (disciple : One who advocates for Jesus). The Good News of this is that living a Godly life of service is possible, and it begins with providing a cup of cold water. In the face of so much misguided counsel, Jesus knew it would be difficult, so He gave us an easy place to start. Each one of us, as able, can be part of the solution. Just give a cup of cold water and exercise a bit of self-control (stop following every wind of doctrine).

The devil is crafty. Operating in deception, he uses what sounds righteous to mislead, if possible, even the elect: after all, he was God's most prominent angel. Satan knows the truth, truth just isn't his offspring; he births lies - for he is the father of them. He'll have you walking up and down the streets in absolute arrogance, trying to force something from the Holy Spirit’s hand. God doesn’t do arrogance. What a disregard for the walk that Jesus already trudged, while loaded down with a cross bearing our sins. He already walked it out.

Neither we, nor our work is greater than the Master; therefore, our reward can be no greater. Jesus was neither glorified nor rewarded until after He was crucified. Now, having been glorified, His reward is to SIT at the right hand of the Father, in service still, offering intercession on our behalves.

The reward for giving a cup of cold water is simply, and most beautifully purposed that, you get to increase your service to others. You get to freely share even more of what God has enabled you to acquire in your season of increase: food, clothes, shelter, etc. The more God increases you, the more you are to give. Not for cameras, neither for praise nor reward, but simply for the opportunity TO SERVE (to wash someone else's feet). For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required.

If indeed we are good stewards over small endeavors of service, God purposes, refines, and equips us to do even greater works: to teach; interpret tongues; and perhaps to even prophesy. And just think, it all starts with a cup of cold water.

THE PROPHET’S REWARD
The Prophet's reward, which is different from the Giving/Serving reward, is first contingent upon reception of both the messenger and the message. The reward is that, not only will those in need of it, receive; but that the city that welcomes will likewise someday get to Heal the sick, the lame, and the diseased; Cast out demons; and, Raise the dead (render those "terminal illnesses" impotent). None of which has anything to do with pagan rituals. Reward comes through a willing submission to God’s authority. Jesus told His disciples to instruct the people to assume a submissive position so that they could be fed (blessed): "Make the people SIT DOWN on the ground."

The world's gain, the things that pagans so diligently seek after, fall into the category of those things that God adds to you when you seek His RIGHTEOUSNESS (His perfect instructions):

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33)

Amplified version
But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His Kingdom and His Righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides. (Matthew 6:33).

God didn't say we shouldn't desire the world's goods, in fact He said He will give them to us. Howbeit, we must keep them in perspective so that we do not give them presidence over Him. And, certainly they must never become so important that we engage idolatry, or harm a neighbor to get them: such is Jezebel and Ahab's way (Baal worship).

If a city has no problem, and require nothing in return for feeding, clothing, and housing murderers, rapists, child molesters, drug addicts, and the like, why on earth would she have an issue, or even think to demand payment from the Holy Spirit for serving a woman of God, who happens to be a homeless grandmother, delivering The Word of God? You don’t charge the Holy Ghost for what’s “freely given.” That’s a transaction, "dove selling;" not giving. Moreover, to demand payment from the Holy Spirit is to make yourself God’s creditor. BUT GOD doesn’t owe you a thing.

LET’S EAT
Much of Jesus’s teaching is symbolized through the partaking of food. Living beings need food to survive. Even the devil knows that. There should never be stipulation placed on homeless services; particularly food. Food must never be used to manipulate; nor to exploit those who are in need and vulnerable due to their weakened state of homelessness. And, it most certainly must never be used to demand reward from the Holy Spirit: Such is demonic. After Jesus had been fasting for forty days and forty nights, the devil tried to use food to manipulate Him. Satan sought to exploit Jesus’ weakened state of hunger, to lure Him away from His assignment, and thereby turn His back on God: “If you are the Son of God, turn these stones into bread.” Away with you devil!

God’s Word is so very consistent; yet, even though it remains the same, we are unable to search His understanding; therefore, man often languishes in bewilderment. Not only did God tell Elijah to get up and go eat; the first thing Jesus asked for when HE GOT UP, was food:

And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, He asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence. (Luke 24:41-43)

It's truly sad to witness the mis-influence in this city. I still encounter people who, because of misinstruction, get it wrong from the very start: They try to provoke me, to see if I'm going to greet them, but usually just on gameday, or in seeking to get something for themselves. Of course I'm going to be cordial in response friendliness. The Bible says "Greet no one along the road to your assigned destinations. I'm not on the road, I've been at this current destination for over a year and a half, sleeping on the streets. Indeed Jesus’s prophesy of being cast out came to pass; as will all of God’s predictions.

At the end of the day, God simply requires is that we LOVE:
  • Love Him with loyal commitment and adoration.
  • Love one another with genuine kindness and compassion.
God knows the difference between kindness and nice manipulation. I don’t even think the word nice is in the Bible.
Love does no harm to a neighbor.

JESUS SERVED. Now it’s your turn to serve. We must always remain watchful: steadfastly remaining on assignment, freely serving others with love (kindness and compassion), demanding nothing in return. When we are diligent in that small endeavor, Jesus, upon His return, will himself personally serve us: Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that He will gird himself and have them SIT DOWN to EAT, and will come will SERVE them. (Luke 12:37)

As I said at the beginning, this was multiple entries combined. All I can do is simply speak the Word as given.

Those who preach must preach God's messages; those who serve must serve with the strength that God gives them, so that in all things praise may be given to God through Jesus Christ, to whom belong glory and power forever and ever. Amen. (1 Peter 4:11)

HE GOT UP! HE GOT UP!! HE GOT UP!!!
. . . And went and ate

HAPPY EASTER!!!!
(That concludes my little Easter sermon)
Praise God! You just got served with knowledge and understanding straight out of the wisdom of the Holy Spirit.

**Below are a few scriptures to use as reference points for maintaining a Godly benevolent attitude:
FREELY GIVEN
NO CHARGE – NO BEGRUDGING

“If anyone is poor among your fellow Israelites in any of the towns of the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward them. Rather, be openhanded and freely lend them whatever they need.” “Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your fellow Israelites who are poor and needy in your land.” (Deuteronomy 15:7-11)

Whoever despises his neighbor is a sinner, but blessed is he who is generous to the poor. (Proverbs 14:21)

Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and He will reward them for what they have done. (Proverbs 19:17)

Whoever shuts their ears to the cry of the poor will also cry out and not be answered. (Proverbs 21:13)

Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses. (Proverbs 28:27)

Cities: Never allow yourselves to be miscounseled. It is an absolute sin to ignore (pretend not to see) even one of the least of these who are among you; especially the homeless. You will indeed curse yourselves and your own city. Is anything worth that? Let alone sports?

Let those who have ears, hear.

❤️

Last edited:
A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Blessings upon blessings shall come to your life and to those you love and care. Help from heaven shall fall down like a rain to soak your soul with the holy presence of the Lord. Healing and mercy shall arrive at your door and there will not be sadness, pain or worry. It is the touch of the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Please pray for me. I just got a new job and learned that I am expected to do the work of an IT person. I am an administrative assistant! I work for a non-profit and I guess they are trying to save money by not hiring an IT person - I'm it! Tomorrow is my first day in the office with my...
Replies
Views
  • Article
🙏God, I ask You in Jesus' name, let Deuteronomy 31:6 and Joshua 1:9 live, breathe, work, operate, and rest in me, the writer of this prayer, my family, and friends. God let Your Holy Word live, breathe, dwell, work, and operate in each of us. God please forever honor this prayer over each of our...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Deuteronomy 30–31 , Mark 15:1–25 I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his Spirit on them! Numbers 11:29 When I joined a group of Christian children’s book authors who prayed for one another and helped spread the word about each other’s...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Our wonderful Savior and Lord is full of mercy and compassion on those who seek His face, on a daily basis calling on Him for help and grace. When we read His word and we obey it, there comes sweet peace and joy in our life and the life of those who love and care. He remembers our frame and...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom